U18: Czech U18 team 2024

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Exhibition means nothing.. I like the look of the team. Just waiting for a fibigr announcement?

In good news.. we beat Germany twice today.

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And what is your problem? With a slight sigh that the result is not very good? Do you see any major, or perhaps even overwhelming criticism? Did you sleep badly??

These no name guys played the HGC final with Canada, who came with an A team. Are you having a personality crisis?
Idk maybe just having a bad day. It always pisses me off if we lose with the underdog even in the friendly. We are all talking here how our youth hockey is going up and then we lose to freakin Latvia. Even in the friendly it should not happen. Even less so if majority of our good players were in the team already.

And I am missing some cool names in the team. Novotny injured sucks so much. And no Pekar equally so. And is Fibigr even coming?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Idk maybe just having a bad day. It always pisses me off if we lose with the underdog even in the friendly. We are all talking here how our youth hockey is going up and then we lose to freakin Latvia. Even in the friendly it should not happen. Even less so if majority of our good players were in the team already.

And I am missing some cool names in the team. Novotny injured sucks so much. And no Pekar equally so. And is Fibigr even coming?
Ok, it looks more like it's lost in translation, as they say.. As you know, I use a translator, I only know a little English. I don't put too much weight on it, I hope they win tomorrow. I really believe this team can play for medals. I'm not saying he'll get one, but he's among the contenders for a medal. And I hope that Fibigr will arrive, I didn't read anywhere that he shouldn't arrive. But it is a little disturbing that there is no information about him in this sense.

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Ok, it looks more like it's lost in translation, as they say.. As you know, I use a translator, I only know a little English. I don't put too much weight on it, I hope they win tomorrow. I really believe this team can play for medals. I'm not saying he'll get one, but he's among the contenders for a medal. And I hope that Fibigr will arrive, I didn't read anywhere that he shouldn't arrive. But it is a little disturbing that there is no information about him in this sense.
Its strange .. bunch of other guys who ended in the CHL playoffs later then him are already there but still no Fibigr.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Its strange .. bunch of other guys who ended in the CHL playoffs later then him are already there but still no Fibigr.
Now I checked, Curran and Jecho didn't play PO, the only player from this match who played in the CHL in PO was Kubiesa. All the others did not start the game (Zielinski, Král, Klíma). And as I wrote, neither Kos nor Sikora played. I suppose they will play today. Hopefully the Fibigr is still waiting.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
From what I can tell from the onlajn text transmission... Fibigr and titlbach are playing today.

2-1 in third for Czechs over Latvia.

Exhibition means nothing... I like this roster more everytime I look at it

Reactions: pgfan66

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Not very inspiring results so far, although I know nothing about the Latvian squad.

But I think we should be very reserved about this squad, in an ideal world where everybody is fully healthy and the best players get selected, the team is a medal contender, but as it is, I don't see it. And don't underestimate the power of home advantage we have at Hlinka either, no coincidence we do better at that tournament compared to the U18 WJC nearly every year.

Personally, I am expecting yet another underwhelming group stage topped by QF loss, but curious to see Klima, Danicek and Hoch, if they make it. Also Mrtka, who has made very impressive progress this past season and I badly need him to succeed because of his name... lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Not very inspiring results so far, although I know nothing about the Latvian squad.

But I think we should be very reserved about this squad, in an ideal world where everybody is fully healthy and the best players get selected, the team is a medal contender, but as it is, I don't see it. And don't underestimate the power of home advantage we have at Hlinka either, no coincidence we do better at that tournament compared to the U18 WJC nearly every year.

Personally, I am expecting yet another underwhelming group stage topped by QF loss, but curious to see Klima, Danicek and Hoch, if they make it. Also Mrtka, who has made very impressive progress this past season and I badly need him to succeed because of his name... lol
I see it similarly sadly. Lucky SF at best, sadly a lot of the top guys missing/not invited for some reason.

Results against Latvia also doesnt bring much optimism to the table lol.

But maybe and hopefully I am wrong.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I also expected better results. I guess I was too optimistic. But what, let us be surprised.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Will Klima be in the final roster? He did not play in both games against Latvia.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Will Klima be in the final roster? He did not play in both games against Latvia.
I'm guessing he's still banged up. It's probably nothing overly serious if he's still on the roster but he didn't play the last game for Shawinigan either. So if he's still not playing that probably means he's not quite 100% yet.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think we make semis and play for a medal. I like the look of the team. Happy with most of it. Obviously no jiricek or Novotny sucks but we have some nice pieces.

Can't be as bad as last year's team.lol

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I see it similarly sadly. Lucky SF at best, sadly a lot of the top guys missing/not invited for some reason.

Results against Latvia also doesnt bring much optimism to the table lol.

But maybe and hopefully I am wrong.
I don’t know, I’m feeling pretty positive about this team. Obviously it’ll always be tough to keep up with the US (easy favourites every time), Canada, Sweden and – particularly when they’re hosting – Finland. But I really like the Czech roster as is. The centre depth of Benak-Curran-Jecho-Sikora is incredible, and there are high-potential wingers on the roster too. Plus, I don’t think you’ll have to worry too much about Slovakia this year.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I don’t know, I’m feeling pretty positive about this team. Obviously it’ll always be tough to keep up with the US (easy favourites every time), Canada, Sweden and – particularly when they’re hosting – Finland. But I really like the Czech roster as is. The centre depth of Benak-Curran-Jecho-Sikora is incredible, and there are high-potential wingers on the roster too. Plus, I don’t think you’ll have to worry too much about Slovakia this year.
We will see hopefully you are right. I think we are missing more firepower in the attack in the absence of Novotny (injured) and Pekar (for some crazy reason not invited), and one more top D (Jiricek).

Sure Curran, Jecho, Kos, Poletin, SIkora are really good players, but not top players imo like Novotny or Pekar. We only have Benak in this regard and I am afraid it wont be enough.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, we are in a pool with Canada and Sweden. Avoid the US in quarters and we got a medal chance.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I think this team will fail at this U18s, but will win at least one medal at the U20s
Definitely when they all get together in one team also with Badinka, Jiricek, Pekar, Novotny, Cerny, Katolicky etc. they will be really strong and for sure a medal contender.

This U18 is just idk it looked so great in the beginning and in the end just so many average guys its kinda dissapointing given what we could have field.

But still I will cheer and hope for medal. There is always a chance.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Definitely when they all get together in one team also with Badinka, Jiricek, Pekar, Novotny, Cerny, Katolicky etc. they will be really strong and for sure a medal contender.

This U18 is just idk it looked so great in the beginning and in the end just so many average guys its kinda dissapointing given what we could have field.

Just hope you don't lose Klima as well. He was in good form prior to the suspected injury and would definitely add some skill to the group.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

We both know they'll never get altogether.lol

The year that happens expect a NT decline, a NT omission, a shoulder surgery and 2 knee injuries to the guys you mentioned.lol It is the Czech way.

But, FTR, I like our next 3 U20 teams.

I like this team too but it doesn't mean I think we're back or running the table. But think back to a decade ago and what those rosters looked like. Or thing about how, until 2 years ago, we didn't have any medals at Skoda's or U20 or Woman's. The NHL side sucks right now (but is warming up especially if Chytil is back) but every tourney lately we have a competitve roster and attractive hockey. Even if we get blown out this year at U18.. I see some future top 100 NHL picks. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Reactions: martygod12

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
We will see hopefully you are right. I think we are missing more firepower in the attack in the absence of Novotny (injured) and Pekar (for some crazy reason not invited), and one more top D (Jiricek).

Sure Curran, Jecho, Kos, Poletin, SIkora are really good players, but not top players imo like Novotny or Pekar. We only have Benak in this regard and I am afraid it wont be enough.
Sure but Novotny and Pekar are 07s. They’ll be way more important next year.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hlinsky lol, we already have Skok why another unproductive clunky D?
Hlinský was the captain at HGC, so he will probably have a strong position in the team and will be a strong defensive defender. The roster is still not closed and it is expected that there will be a cut in the nomination and one defender and one forward will end up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad