U18: Czech U18 team 2024

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
In addition to Titlbach, Drančák (I'm also not sure if that's a big weakness) and Milota (that's definitely a big weakness), Hlinský, who was the captain at HGC, but he plays in Europe, is also missing. Fibigr is also missing from the selection, which of course would be a big reinforcement, but he will hopefully play, he played the last game in the CHL and his team was eliminated.
Fibigr should join the team, no Pekar is very strange move, guy is a complete beast in NT this year ... he is definietly better then half of the forwards from this selection already.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Fibigr should join the team, no Pekar is very strange move, guy is a complete beast in NT this year ... he is definietly better then half of the forwards from this selection already.
I also wonder why it's not there. At least he should have been given an opportunity in the wider team.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I also wonder why it's not there. At least he should have been given an opportunity in the wider team.
Also looks like Stepan Cerny was cut off from the team. Seem weird he doesnt "look" as good as other Ds in the team right now, since he is clearly more skilled player.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Kos is great! Glad to see Sikora. Missing Kubiesa and Fibigr (who I think is coming).

Mrtka now in nomination.

I'd bank on no Milota but don't know much about the other 3 goalies tbh.

Good day with lots of good news!

Agree no Pekar is very strange!

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Kos is great! Glad to see Sikora. Missing Kubiesa and Fibigr (who I think is coming).

Mrtka now in nomination.

I'd bank on no Milota but don't know much about the other 3 goalies tbh.

Good day with lots of good news!

Agree no Pekar is very strange!
Kubiesa is injured, no?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Kubiesa is injured, no?
1712507594658.png

I'm not sure... do you know anything?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
found Pekar.lol

Maybe he gets an invite after tourney?
I can't imagine it. The coaches definitely want to see those players play in training and if he is not in the nomination now, then they will definitely not call him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
How good is Poletin and can he make this team?
Hard to say, I haven't seen much. In the U17 he was definitely one of the key players, at the Plymouth tournament he played on the first line with other players a year younger, but I didn't see those matches, I didn't want to pay again for what is always free in our country. But they clearly did well there and were rated as key players in that tournament. I think his chances of making the team are quite high. If Pekař is not even in the team, they have a high opinion of Poletín.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
NOT U18 but here is a U20 team coming up... doesn't look awful to be honest.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
NOT U18 but here is a U20 team coming up... doesn't look awful to be honest.

Why is Felcman on that roster? He just signed a tryout with Rockford. Why would he do that if he's gonna play a tournament in Slovakia just a few days later? I don't get it. Did he really travel all the way to Rockford for a weekend sightseeing trip? Might as well have stayed in Europe.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Why is Felcman on that roster? He just signed a tryout with Rockford. Why would he do that if he's gonna play a tournament in Slovakia just a few days later? I don't get it. Did he really travel all the way to Rockford for a weekend sightseeing trip? Might as well have stayed in Europe.
I'm not sure... But him, sprynar and stancl have good chemistry. Hopefully they can be our 2nd line at the U20.lol

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I'm probably forgetting someone who's joining the team late, but with Titlbach out of the playoffs, I'm thinking the forward lineup may be something like this?

Titlbach-Benak-Jecho
Lisler-Curran-Klima
Danicek-Sikora-Poletin
Kral-Vaculik-Kos
Hes, Klimek, Hoch, Pohludka

I feel like the top six plus Sikora are locks. The other nine are competing for the remaining spots, but I think Danicek, Poletin, Kral, Vaculik and Kos (if fully healthy and back to where he used to be) should be there too.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I'm probably forgetting someone who's joining the team late, but with Titlbach out of the playoffs, I'm thinking the forward lineup may be something like this?

Titlbach-Benak-Jecho
Lisler-Curran-Klima
Danicek-Sikora-Poletin
Kral-Vaculik-Kos
Hes, Klimek, Hoch, Pohludka

I feel like the top six plus Sikora are locks. The other nine are competing for the remaining spots, but I think Danicek, Poletin, Kral, Vaculik and Kos (if fully healthy and back to where he used to be) should be there too.
It was a great luxury to have a player like Kos in the fourth line. The only thing that can keep him so low in the lineup is that he hasn't played that long. Otherwise, he should definitely be higher in the lineup, he is a very valuable player that every coach wants to have in the lineup.
Sikora is definitely a lock in the lineup, he played in Třinec with the men and quickly became a fan favorite. In a way, he's a similar type of player to Kos.
I don't know Vaculík, only from the highlights, but if he was as agile a skater as in those videos, the possible line of Kos, Sikora, Vaculík would without a doubt be the most skating line of any czech team that I remember.

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
It was a great luxury to have a player like Kos in the fourth line. The only thing that can keep him so low in the lineup is that he hasn't played that long. Otherwise, he should definitely be higher in the lineup, he is a very valuable player that every coach wants to have in the lineup.
Sikora is definitely a lock in the lineup, he played in Třinec with the men and quickly became a fan favorite. In a way, he's a similar type of player to Kos.
I don't know Vaculík, only from the highlights, but if he was as agile a skater as in those videos, the possible line of Kos, Sikora, Vaculík would without a doubt be the most skating line of any czech team that I remember.
Agreed. The only reason I put Kos this low is that he was injured for so long. I'd definitely like him on the second line instead of Klima too.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed. The only reason I put Kos this low is that he was injured for so long. I'd definitely like him on the second line instead of Klima too.
To both your posts

I love the looks of that. That is a very solid top 6 that should be competitive. I'm not saying USNDTP good but it should be able to hold it's own.

To the second point.. Kos is amazing and been out. My dream is that he is in the bottom 6 and works his way up the lineup just like Stancl did at the U20's! Of course, he may be completely off his game too and not even make the team. It's a very intriguing name to see in bottom 6.

Funny as we all seem to agree Titlbach should be on line 1 while also all agreeing he is not getting drafted and bombed this year in the CHL. Shows how good Benak is!

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
To both your posts

I love the looks of that. That is a very solid top 6 that should be competitive. I'm not saying USNDTP good but it should be able to hold it's own.

To the second point.. Kos is amazing and been out. My dream is that he is in the bottom 6 and works his way up the lineup just like Stancl did at the U20's! Of course, he may be completely off his game too and not even make the team. It's a very intriguing name to see in bottom 6.

Funny as we all seem to agree Titlbach should be on line 1 while also all agreeing he is not getting drafted and bombed this year in the CHL. Shows how good Benak is!
To your last point – never change a winning team, I guess, right? They’ve been good together whenever they played together (which was pretty much always) and I like the idea of Jecho on their wing too.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
To your last point – never change a winning team, I guess, right? They’ve been good together whenever they played together (which was pretty much always) and I like the idea of Jecho on their wing too.
To me, jecho is Sapo 2.0. this hard working pain in the ass. A classic minute eater that coaches trust. He won't win a scoring title. He's not generational. But he does have NHL tools that translate very well.

So I could see titlbach outscoring him, not getting drafted and becoming a pro in Europe. And jecho not getting many points, drafted in top 64 and having an NHL career.

Size plus IQ plus good work ethic. But I'm pretty sure he has shit skating.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
So the result is not much, a loss in SO.. But it can only be better. Our favorites Sikora and Kos did not play.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And the team looks kinda I dont know .. where are all those intersting guys? I can see only few of them surrounded by a buncho of no name average guys from depths of out U20 league

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Ouch that is actually terrible I am sorry. We cant lose to Latvia not even in a friendly damn
And what is your problem? With a slight sigh that the result is not very good? Do you see any major, or perhaps even overwhelming criticism? Did you sleep badly??

And the team looks kinda I dont know .. where are all those intersting guys? I can see only few of them surrounded by a buncho of no name average guys from depths of out U20 league
These no name guys played the HGC final with Canada, who came with an A team. Are you having a personality crisis?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad