U18: Czech U18 team 2024

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Jiri Klima a late scratch for Shawinigan tonight. I hope he's okay but he's not playing despite featuring on the initial lineup card.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jiri Klima a late scratch for Shawinigan tonight. I hope he's okay but he's not playing despite featuring on the initial lineup card.
I don't like the sound of this at all.. either he's hurt or he sucks.lol Not seeing a good scenario.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't like the sound of this at all.. either he's hurt or he sucks.lol Not seeing a good scenario.
Must be something health related. To my knowledge, no official explanation given by the club besides Klima being listed as sick/injured in the game report. The announcers mentioned the late scratch but didn't appear to know the reason. Nothing in post game interviews either unless I missed it. Almost 100% sure it's not performance related. Could be disciplinary but highly unlikely. He started all three games of the series on the topline. Those lines were shaken up ingame as Shawinigan was losing but Klima played big minutes in all games. He had a couple of very bad giveaways in game 3 I think but on one of these occasions he actually miraculously recovered the puck himself and I don't think this had anything to do with that late scratch. On the initial lineup card he was listed on the topline alongside Elie and Forget. He started all three games with Jordan Forget, Shawinigan only swapped their top6 Centers (Roy and Elie) once.

I added the initial lineup card to the post. Natan Ethier, #78, the 19th player listed on the 5th line, ended up playing on the 3rd line with Reece Peitzsche, #77, joining Forget and Elie on the topline.

Hope Klima is fine and it was just a minor tweak or sickness. If healthy, he could be joining Czech WJC18 camp now because Shawinigan's season is over.

Bild_2024-04-04_080857269.png

Last edited:
Reactions: czech and Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Must be something health related. To my knowledge, no official explanation given by the club besides Klima being listed as sick/injured in the game report. The announcers mentioned the late scratch but didn't appear to know the reason. Nothing in post game interviews either unless I missed it. Almost 100% sure it's not performance related. Could be disciplinary but highly unlikely. He started all three games of the series on the topline. Those lines were shaken up ingame as Shawinigan was losing but Klima played big minutes in all games. He had a couple of very bad giveaways in game 3 I think but on one of these occasions he actually miraculously recovered the puck himself and I don't think this had anything to do with that late scratch. On the initial lineup card he was listed on the topline alongside Elie and Forget. He started all three games with Jordan Forget, Shawinigan only swapped their top6 Centers (Roy and Elie) once.

I added the initial lineup card to the post. Natan Ethier, #78, the 19th player listed on the 5th line, ended up playing on the 3rd line with Reece Peitzsche, #77, joining Forget and Elie on the topline.

Hope Klima is fine and it was just a minor tweak or sickness. If healthy, he could be joining Czech WJC18 camp now because Shawinigan's season is over.

View attachment 845824
Awful thought but his name is Klima and you mentioned disciplinary issues. They're not related but it did cross my mind. Hope we don't have another Czech with disciplinary issues on our hands.

I'll go with minor tweak and hope he's fine.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Awful thought but his name is Klima and you mentioned disciplinary issues. They're not related but it did cross my mind. Hope we don't have another Czech with disciplinary issues on our hands.

I'll go with minor tweak and hope he's fine.
Yeah. Most likely something bothering him forcing them to take him out of the lineup after warmup. We'll see. Hopefully it's minor.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Zielinski has already been eliminated with his team, Fibigr is one match away from elimination. For the Czech team, these two players would be a great boost, in the absence of Jiříček and Svozil..

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Zielinski has already been eliminated with his team, Fibigr is one match away from elimination. For the Czech team, these two players would be a great boost, in the absence of Jiříček and Svozil..
Is Zielinski eligible?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Some good names here.. I assume we have a goalie that can fill in for Milota as we always seem to have a good goalie?

Also, the Dorost finals are starting for Boleslav and Pardubice.. who is on those teams that could play for U18? Rosters link.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
FWIW - despite Novotny and Jiricek (and the weird Svozil thing)... this team is coming along nicely.

Fibigr and Galvas is a beautiful start to a D core.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Sikora has whooping cough. I doubt he'll be fine and play. If Kos doesn't play either, it's another big drain on the team in terms of the energy these players have been bringing to the team. Great skaters and hard-working players, and both of them are also very good at hockey. So, on the one hand, the situation in the CHL is developing at least partially well, but on the other hand, there are losses in the team that we cannot completely replace, although if we take into account the players who are a year younger, the team could still be very good.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Sikora has whooping cough. I doubt he'll be fine and play. If Kos doesn't play either, it's another big drain on the team in terms of the energy these players have been bringing to the team. Great skaters and hard-working players, and both of them are also very good at hockey. So, on the one hand, the situation in the CHL is developing at least partially well, but on the other hand, there are losses in the team that we cannot completely replace, although if we take into account the players who are a year younger, the team could still be very good.
I am at the point where I am like "another loss? Whatever" :D it's just such a common curse in the last few years where half of our key players some gets injured/can't play right before the big tourney.

Kos is injured. Sikora will be another big loss.

It is what it is. From a potential final run will be probably a lucky semifinal at best. But what can you do. We have to hope we can see all those guys together at some WJC or senior WCH/OG in the future

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
A while ago I seriously doubted that Sikora and Kos would be available. Of course, it is debatable what form Kos will be in after such a long absence, but he is a very important player for the team. And Sikora too, great news:thumbu:
Who’s still missing because of playoffs aside from Titlbach now?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Don't know about Samuel Drancak but Jakub Milota would be a big loss for Czechia. Expecting Cape Breton vs Chicoutimi to be a tight checking, maybe also a close series. So even if Cape Breton loses, Milota's arrival may very well be delayed.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
In addition to Titlbach, Drančák (I'm also not sure if that's a big weakness) and Milota (that's definitely a big weakness), Hlinský, who was the captain at HGC, but he plays in Europe, is also missing. Fibigr is also missing from the selection, which of course would be a big reinforcement, but he will hopefully play, he played the last game in the CHL and his team was eliminated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad