Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
FSR 2.1 has also been added to the console version and it looks like a nice boost to image quality.
should be clarified that it's updated for 9th gen consoles since I don't think 8th gen has FSR capability. I believe the 8th gen consoles have basically been abandoned by CDPR at this point as there isn't much more they can do to optimize it.

I plan to finally play this game soon but on PC. I'm pretty amazed at how terribly optimized it is though. I gave it a 30 minute test run last week, and at native 1440p with no DLSS and Ultra RT it somehow only runs between 25 and 40 FPS with a 3080ti, 13600k, and DDR5 5600mhz ram. Realistically, I'll probably run it at 1440p with RT Ulta with performance DLSS which will push it up to 80 to 110 FPS. Amazed they thought they could somehow get this to ruin on base X-Box One and PS4. Like, I'm running it on tech basically released 1 to 2 years after the game and it still has performance issues without DLSS at 1440p.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
As if it wasn't obvious before, the previous gen versions should've been abandoned and the current gen versions released early this year when the next gen patch came out. CD teaching a masterclass on damaging their brand

Reactions: Beau Knows

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
should be clarified that it's updated for 9th gen consoles since I don't think 8th gen has FSR capability. I believe the 8th gen consoles have basically been abandoned by CDPR at this point as there isn't much more they can do to optimize it.

I plan to finally play this game soon but on PC. I'm pretty amazed at how terribly optimized it is though. I gave it a 30 minute test run last week, and at native 1440p with no DLSS and Ultra RT it somehow only runs between 25 and 40 FPS with a 3080ti, 13600k, and DDR5 5600mhz ram. Realistically, I'll probably run it at 1440p with RT Ulta with performance DLSS which will push it up to 80 to 110 FPS. Amazed they thought they could somehow get this to ruin on base X-Box One and PS4. Like, I'm running it on tech basically released 1 to 2 years after the game and it still has performance issues without DLSS at 1440p.
Yes, CDPR had previously announced there will be no further updates to the last gen version (which probably shouldn't have existed).

I don't think the game is particularly unoptimized, these high end RT games are just very demanding. I just booted up Lego Builder's Journey on my PC (5900x, 3080) at native 1440p max settings and I am getting 30-40 FPS.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Saw this was on sale for $29.99 ... figured that was good enough to give it a shot.

As someone who never got caught up in the initial marketing campaign around the game I thought it was decent. I get being upset with broken promises but if you didn't view the game through that lense it was enjoyable.

Reactions: MAHJ71

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
Just installed the game and created my chraracter.

V is a turquoise haired Nomad with this build:
Body: 3
Intelligence: 4
Reflexes: 6
Technical Ability: 6
Cool: 3

Any tips for someone who play the game for the 1st time?

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Just installed the game and created my chraracter.

V is a turquoise haired Nomad with this build:
Body: 3
Intelligence: 4
Reflexes: 6
Technical Ability: 6
Cool: 3

Any tips for someone who play the game for the 1st time?

Do you have any idea of a specific class you're aiming to play as, or just trying to explore the game and level up in a more organic fashion? Seems like, based on where you've put your points, you're interested in gun skills as well as crafting.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I had a "should I focus on guns or programs?" moment and chose the latter, it's not hard to get alot of RAM and fry a room. Looking back, I did the same thing in the KotOR games and lightning, so maybe that's just me.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
Do you have any idea of a specific class you're aiming to play as, or just trying to explore the game and level up in a more organic fashion? Seems like, based on where you've put your points, you're interested in gun skills as well as crafting.
If I compare my playing style in the Fallout series, I'm leaning on gun fights, a little sneak, no melee. I lockpick more than I hack, but I do both. I'm not really into crafting but I do it for bullets and repair armor/guns.

Last edited:

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
If I compare my playing style in the Fallout series, I'm leaning on gun fights, a little sneak, no melee. I lockpick more than I hack, but Ido both. I'm not really into crafting but I do it for bullets and repair armor/guns.

You definitely have your points allocated correctly if you want to have improved pistols, sub machineguns and rifles. Though you'll want to take a look at the Antihalation Tree (under Body) if you want to improve shotguns and heavy machine guns specifically.

If you want to sneak, you'll definitely want to invest into the Cool Tree. You don't need to invest tons of perk/attribute points in that tree to have a decent base stealth ability if that's all you're looking for.

I'd also recommend searching some videos or guides on character creation and customization. There's a lot of opportunity in this game for some very cool builds and some guides do a good job of explaining perks in more detail and how they work with one another.

• Love
Reactions: SimGrindcore

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I had a "should I focus on guns or programs?" moment and chose the latter, it's not hard to get alot of RAM and fry a room. Looking back, I did the same thing in the KotOR games and lightning, so maybe that's just me.
Spreading it over hacking and body, gives you a chance to put down multiple enemies before you sneak in with a sword while invisible and take down the rest. I also recommend watching Youtube for Legendary Gear locations and Legendary weapons. If you use weapons, go for Smart weapons and just go for weapons where you can shoot bullets that automatically go for the head.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I played it near launch on PC and it was fine. shouldnt have launched on last gen though for sure.

Definitely one of the most buggy games ive played though but nothing that hurt the experience like cutscenes breaking or whatever (although I know that did happen to people).
I mean there's no excusing the sorry state the game released in but I agree it was nothing crazy game breaking. I picked up a ps4 copy at Walmart for under half odf around release as a resold return copy. Got all the way to the end but wanted to clear all side content before the endgame and just burned out. The game was playable, there were just times I had to restart it when the bugs were piling up and it did crash a few times.

Gonna do a full playthrough on PC eventually.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I mean there's no excusing the sorry state the game released in but I agree it was nothing crazy game breaking. I picked up a ps4 copy at Walmart for under half odf around release as a resold return copy. Got all the way to the end but wanted to clear all side content before the endgame and just burned out. The game was playable, there were just times I had to restart it when the bugs were piling up and it did crash a few times.

Gonna do a full playthrough on PC eventually.
I think the biggest thing that ruined it for a lot of peopole is the horrendous LOD pop-in for NPCs and Cars. I suspect this was caused by the slow hard-drive because i played most of the game on one and had these a lot. Then switched to SSD and its drastically reduced.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think the biggest thing that ruined it for a lot of peopole is the horrendous LOD pop-in for NPCs and Cars. I suspect this was caused by the slow hard-drive because i played most of the game on one and had these a lot. Then switched to SSD and its drastically reduced.
Yeah pop in never got better. At least not on PS4. I picked the game up on EGS for like 20 bucks with a coupon so I still haven't paid full price for the game. It's definitely a lot better on PC. But the game was still playable enough for me to get to the endgame.

If it was something like say, Call of Duty and there was constant input delay across the board for everyone, that to me would be something you could call an unplayable state.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yes.

You will not be alright after finishing it. And you'll want to get the main character's jacket and one character's shotgun in the game afterwards.

Compared to GTA, it is. :laugh:
It’s not just the physics giving me trouble, it’s the camera angles. I blow by turns and locations all the time

Reactions: Bocephus86

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It looks really good, but still not quite "I'm now convinced to spend $1600 on a video card" good. :laugh:

Also, it's amusing how they're showing off sub-30 framerates being boosted to 130 via frame generation when most PC gamers would consider the still sub-30fps input lag to be completely unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad