Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
They rushed out the game unto the market so they has to cut corners. Not having to animate a character in 3rd person and using 1st person instead happened because of that.
Or it’s just better in first person with all the shooting you do.

You also are supposed to be seeing everything from V’s perspective. The Keanu stuff would be real weird with 3rd person. Actually most of the story stuff would, IMO.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
From Wikipedia: "The first-person perspective was chosen to immerse players more than what third-person would allow. Cutscenes and gameplay were both made in first-person to seamlessly blend together."

In other words, it was a design decision early on for the sake of immersion. That's probably not just because it's a shooter but also because there's hacking, visual mods and "braindances."

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I can see the merit of that argument but TW3 was plenty immersive in third person. But that was stylistically different because Geralt isn't the same blank slate as V. He's the central character and the player is dictating his story.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I finished the anime last night. I'm not okay...

Got back in the games after a few months absence. Still at the same point, last mission left, a meeting with Johnny and some gigs left. And the anime made me look if there's some things I need to have for the final mission, only to find out that the endings are...not the happiest. :(

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm excited because the problems and shortcomings in the original game were indicative of time crunch and not that CDPR lost their mojo. If they take their time it will be an epic game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

They also released an official music video of THAT song on both the game's YT channel and on Netflix's channel. If you haven't watched the show, the video is very spoilery.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm excited because the problems and shortcomings in the original game were indicative of time crunch and not that CDPR lost their mojo. If they take their time it will be an epic game.
They had a time crunch AND delayed the game a bunch of times?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not as excited for the sequel but hoping they take their time with it. If it's not a bust at launch, I'll get it

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Unfortunately it will take a while because they will be working on The Witcher first but I'm pretty excited for a second Cyberpunk game. Technologically it should be another generation defining title using Unreal Engine 5 and the game itself should be another fun time although I'm no longer expecting a deep RPG from CDPR.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I heard the new Intel card runs this in raytracing mode like a dream for $300. It might be my next card.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012

They also released an official music video of THAT song on both the game's YT channel and on Netflix's channel. If you haven't watched the show, the video is very spoilery.

-> Driving around in CP77
-> Hear I Really Want to Stay at Your House on the radio
-> Try not to cry
-> Cry a lot

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71 and Jussi

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Finally finished this game a few days ago. I tried to play it right after launch but then lost interest with all the bugs. Figured I’d give it another try when the next gen update came out but didn’t get around to it till a month or so ago when my backlog of games ran out.

I’m glad I gave it a chance. I actually really enjoyed the game + story. You just need to get through act 1 and then the game really opens up. Did all the side quests and gigs and stuff too. There were some fun missions.

Went with the “star” ending. I cheated and watched how all the endings went before making my choice.

I’ll probably pick up the DLC when it’s out, and would play a sequel too.

Reactions: Jovavic

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's been two years and I keep putting off this game. First, it was the state of the game at launch and wanting to wait until I upgraded my PC. Next, I decided that I might as well wait for the next-gen update. Now, I'm waiting for the update that adds enhanced ray tracing. At this rate, I might end up waiting for the 10-year anniversary Definitive Edition. :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They botched this game so hard I’ll never play it just out of principle. Can’t support that company with my $$$

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
They botched this game so hard I’ll never play it just out of principle. Can’t support that company with my $$$
I played it near launch on PC and it was fine. shouldnt have launched on last gen though for sure.

Definitely one of the most buggy games ive played though but nothing that hurt the experience like cutscenes breaking or whatever (although I know that did happen to people).

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I dont know if there was an fsr 2.0 update already but Cyberpunk recently got an fsr 2.1 update and its a huge upgrade in performance. Very similar to native 1080p resolution and took me from 45 fps to 60-70 fps on a GTX 1080. Should get you comfortably in that gsync range if you're on low end hardware.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I dont know if there was an fsr 2.0 update already but Cyberpunk recently got an fsr 2.1 update and its a huge upgrade in performance. Very similar to native 1080p resolution and took me from 45 fps to 60-70 fps on a GTX 1080. Should get you comfortably in that gsync range if you're on low end hardware.
...or if you're on moderately high end hardware and simply want ray tracing. What you described is what a 3070 gets with it enabled. Ray tracing, your ticket to making it feel like you have low end hardware again. :puppy:

Reactions: aleshemsky83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad