Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm not too familiar with API's so I jumped to conclusions with Binance, but why in the heck would ANYONE trust a 3rd party software with so much money?
In absolute laymen terms, it is what allows different entities to communicate. The API is how the bot receives the data needed to execute trades. API's are what coinmarketcap uses to constantly generate a price. It uses the API of each exchange, pulls the data its website and then takes an average of those prices to give you the data you see.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
listing.jpg

ABANDON SHIP! ABANDON SHIP!!!
I think this is a LITTLE bit ridiculous. But yes. At this point, there is definitely reason to have some concerns. I don't doubt the legitimacy of the project and I think anyone calling it a scam is absolutely foolish. However, one can't help be a bit concerned about how incompetent their PR team is proving to be.

Reactions: What the Faulk

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think this is a LITTLE bit ridiculous. But yes. At this point, there is definitely reason to have some concerns. I don't doubt the legitimacy of the project and I think anyone calling it a scam is absolutely foolish. However, one can't help be a bit concerned about how incompetent their PR team is proving to be.
Haha, i was definitely just over exaggerating with the picture ;)

Reactions: Gardner McKay

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm not too familiar with API's so I jumped to conclusions with Binance, but why in the heck would ANYONE trust a 3rd party software with so much money?

Bots. Tons of money to be made using bots and the only way to use them on an exchange is through an API.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Just another reason why BTC should be dropped ASAP in favour of better tech, and exchanges/coinbase should be doing everything they can to move away from BTC.

If people think January/February were bad realize that the same account still holds $1.5bn that they could tank the market with.

Again, the sooner that the rest of the market can move away from Bitcoin the better.

Mt. Gox the gift that keeps on giving, yeah? I wasn't around for when it first happened but it seems to have left a lasting impression.

void

Jan 5, 2006
So....pretty much GOOD? Screw the people who set up those bots to try and manipulate the market.

Eh, hard to really blame people for wanting to take advantage of an unregulated market but I agree that it's nice to see them get screwed for once. Unfortunately, bots aren't the only use for APIs. Lots of TA and price tracking websites also ask for exchange APIs.

I wonder how Binance will end up dealing with this. Most people reported that their alts got sold for BTC but I don't think I read anything about funds being withdrawn from their accounts.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Just another reason why BTC should be dropped ASAP in favour of better tech, and exchanges/coinbase should be doing everything they can to move away from BTC.

If people think January/February were bad realize that the same account still holds $1.5bn that they could tank the market with.

Again, the sooner that the rest of the market can move away from Bitcoin the better.

Mt. Gox the gift that keeps on giving, yeah? I wasn't around for when it first happened but it seems to have left a lasting impression.
Yeah, Bitcoins dark past is seriously haunting the whole cryptoverse, I'm wanting to invest in new projects but I'm wary. I hope there's a silver lining to all of this

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
wild west

not sure why some wtc holders feel the concern sentiment in here = an attack on them

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Funnily enough I've been following a guy charting this and it's been bang on so far.

Predicted a low of $8750 and strong bounce from there. We'll see.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Tonight's John Oliver was on crypto and it was pretty fair. I was worried he'd focus entirely on scams to portray everything in a bad light, but it wasn't that bad.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Tonight's John Oliver was on crypto and it was pretty fair. I was worried he'd focus entirely on scams to portray everything in a bad light, but it wasn't that bad.

was a pretty interesting show. The pump and dump groups is a pretty smart way to join the market and get gains for someone late in the game as the market isn't regulated.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This is brutal...

Funnily enough I've been following a guy charting this and it's been bang on so far.

Predicted a low of $8750 and strong bounce from there. We'll see.

I hope. Although I do have my doubts. I know this may sound weird and be borderline nonsensical but I don't think this is something that we are going to "bounce" our way out of.

The problem is stemming from growing pains (more SEC regulations, lack of FIAT to crypto options, exchanges opening and closing registrations daily) as well as old skeletons coming back to haunt the sector (Mt. Gox). I still don't doubt that we will see a nice recovery. I just think it could be later than we are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if we continued to bounce between 350 - 450 billion for a while. After that a nice steady run up to the 500's range and then it takes off.

And just because its been a while since I have said it... These are my opinions only and not meant to be taken or used as trading advice.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Do you guys know anything about New York Coin? I've never heard of it and my dad just texted me about it, which usually means it's not worth anything since he doesn't understand computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->