Crosby leapfrogs Lemieux in all-time playoff points

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Not that close indeed. Howe was in the League's Top 5 scorers for twenty straight years. Crosby, nothing of the sort. Howe beat his next closest competitor in points by 28% in 1952-53. Crosby, nothing of the sort. Howe was only thwarted by arguably the greatest dynasty of all time. Crosby, nothing of the sort. Howe was one of the best two-way players of his era. Crosby, nothing of the sort. Howe was League's MVP whopping six times. Crosby, nothing of the sort. Howe would whoop Crosby's ass in the very first shift, and in the second shift Crosby leaves the game with a concussion. Howe was much better in hockey than Crosby.

In fact, I am not certain Crosby already passed Jagr and Hull before taking on the Big Four.

-In a 6 team league, LOL

-Against All Canadian players, LOL

-Its time for a Matt Murray thread. Best playoff goalie of all time at this point. Undefeated in the playoffs

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
And that's Crosby's luck. He doesn't have to face first ballot Hall of Fame defensemen and goalies 24 times a season. If you think he would last a season in the 50s, you don't have a clue.

First ballot hall of famers From that era.

Crosby would skate circles around everyone. Now it's not their fault that Hockey players today are much better than they were back then. The average 4th liner would wreck top competition from the 50s. That's just how it is.

Reactions: jbobell98

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
at that time all the world's best players were Canadian. Bobrov was not there yet.

-Its funny you should say that. Since the USSR crushed Canada in the Olympics and other major competitions. From 1952 to 2002, an even 50 years, Canada didnt win 1 Olympic Gold Medal

- If anyone wants a laugh at 1950's hockey and Gordie Howe, you can watch the video below

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
First ballot hall of famers From that era.

Crosby would skate circles around everyone. Now it's not their fault that Hockey players today are much better than they were back then. The average 4th liner would wreck top competition from the 50s. That's just how it is.

-1950's hockey is a joke. And I dont care how crappy the equipment was. The sport was a joke back then.

Reactions: NeedleInTheHay

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Really? Give him the wooden stick and 1000 lbs. equipment, with no helmet, make him play with the red line against two handers from the likes of Lindsay and Richard, and he wouldn't last a season.

Are you really gonna go with the time machine argument? Obviously players would be different depending on what era they grew up in. I don't see any reason why Crosby wouldn't succeed with a wooden stick or no red line; he does most of his damage in front of the net and along the boards. Really dumb take.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Are you really gonna go with the time machine argument? Obviously players would be different depending on what era they grew up in. I don't see any reason why Crosby wouldn't succeed with a wooden stick or no red line; he does most of his damage in front of the net and along the boards. Really dumb take.
I'm not the one who brought this argument. Look at the thread. Claiming Crosby was better than Howe is a dumb take from Penguins fanboys.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
The only joke here is you. I'm not gonna dignify the post above with a response. Anyone with a superficial knowledge of history knows just WHY Canada didn't win Olympic gold in those years.

-Do tell? Wayne Gretzky played in the World Championships. Canada lost to USSR. Heck, USSR went undefeated. 6 of the Top 9 scorers in the entire tournament were USSR in 82. Diffrence of opinion when one country of complete dominance averages 7 goals per game.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
-Do tell? Wayne Gretzky played in the World Championships. Canada lost to USSR. Heck, USSR went undefeated. 6 of the Top 9 scorers in the entire tournament were USSR in 82. Diffrence of opinion when one country of complete dominance averages 7 goals per game.
He didn't play in the Olympics until 1998. USSR won only two best-on-best tournaments, in 79 and 81. But I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about Howe's era. Not one person outside of NHL was on his level. Not one.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Really? Give him the wooden stick and 1000 lbs. equipment, with no helmet, make him play with the red line against two handers from the likes of Lindsay and Richard, and he wouldn't last a season.
Is Crosby required to train less too and fit that time in between his 2nd job?

Reactions: PensandCaps

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Playoff points since 05-06 :bow:
upload_2018-4-18_23-54-1.png

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
And vice versa. Two-minute shifts, no helmets, heavy equipment, and jailhouse style violence? Crosby would be out on a stretcher in Game 1.

"Common sense" my ass. Luckily for you, you are not on the History of Hockey page. You would be laughed out of the building.
The History of Hockey forum: "where players of the past are always better than the ones today."

Very knowledgeable posters there, but not the ideal destination if you're interested in objectivity, or yes, common sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad