Crosby is starting to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
octopi said:
I think their relationship is gonna be like Heatley/Kovalcuk in Atlanta.Skill wise, Its like the Wings were with Yzerman and Fedorov. Except Crosby and Malkin will probably be better.

Also Ovechkin is friends with both Crosby and Malkin (mostly Malkin...known him alot longer and they are teammates), so maybe Ovechkin will become a UFA later and sign with Pens ;) nah but Pens/Caps games are gonna be super fun to watch with those 3 on the ice. I still remember when Ovechkin is like "omg Malkin you need to come over here" :biglaugh:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
66-87-29 said:
Also Ovechkin is friends with both Crosby and Malkin (mostly Malkin...known him alot longer and they are teammates), so maybe Ovechkin will become a UFA later and sign with Pens ;) nah but Pens/Caps games are gonna be super fun to watch with those 3 on the ice. I still remember when Ovechkin is like "omg Malkin you need to come over here" :biglaugh:

I think Ovechkin is friends with everyone( One of those happy people you just feel like slapping some days)Now if only Ovechkin would talk some sense into Igor Grigorenko. :cry:

hpheikki

Jan 5, 2006
Jaded-Fan said:
It falls somewhere between 'Homer' and 'another useless post.' Damn, I sort of teared up writing that. I miss Route66.
:biglaugh: You just made my day.

KariyaIsGod*

SUPERFAN-1 said:
Canuck21t said:
Fact you hypocrite since you my opinion was not enough to spout how good Ovechkin is and will be. Do a little research on the Russian team and see how good Ovechkin and his line mates are doing. Your total one-sided reasoning belies what is going on in the real world. Ovechkin with good players (per his stats this past season) would approach 80-90 goals and 200 points. No way could Crosby get those kinds of numbers even if he played with Wayne and Mario. Reason he is not a goal scorer and with both of them he would be an after thought and hardly have the puck. Also based on this season if he played with both of those players Ovechkin would score with ease.

But I will give you this if he played with the likes of Jagar and a solid left wing, he would be very effective since he needs finishers to excel. That is not a rub against Crosby just the truth But to compare Crosby to the powerhouse called Ovechkin leaves one to ponder whether or not you can judge talent. Just because he and you are Canadian does not mean a thing. Get out into the world and see what there and you will find Canadian is not be all and end all.

Both players will have excellent careers and be major parts to their teams success, but Ovechkin will be the most dominate for 15 to 20 years. I do not sell Crosby short like his fans do of Ovechkin and that is why I champion him so forcefully. Tired of hearing and or reading how great Crosby and the put down of Ovechkin talent. What will you all say when Ovechkin wins both the Calder and Pearson awards? Bet Crosby fans will say we were robed.

Ovechkin will score 200 points...

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Only one player ever has and to compare Ovechkin to Gretzky is silly because AO is not even in Wayne's league and probably never will be.

The fact is, Crosby already puts up numbers that are pretty equal to AO's but he's also 2 years younger. Crosby will take over as he grows up a bit.

You are an Ovechkin homer. That's fine. Love him all you want. Why not keep your expectations in the realm of possibility though?

Steve Latin*

Why are wealthmanager and SUPERFAN-1 never in the same threads?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Dark Metamorphosis said:
we want to see the ultimate battle of wits.

Stockwizard vs. Foppa_Rules

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ______________________

Wealthmanager vs. SUPERFAN-1

BIGTRAIN*

DrMoses said:
SUPERFAN-1 said:
Ovechkin will score 200 points...

Only one player ever has and to compare Ovechkin to Gretzky is silly because AO is not even in Wayne's league and probably never will be.

The fact is, Crosby already puts up numbers that are pretty equal to AO's but he's also 2 years younger. Crosby will take over as he grows up a bit.

You are an Ovechkin homer. That's fine. Love him all you want. Why not keep your expectations in the realm of possibility though?

First stop the younger crap. They both play in the NHL I believe and I have never seen a handicap in the NHL because of age. That argument is TOTALLY SURPURFULLESS and shows weakness in your opinion.

Another thing, when you posters were informed in 2004 his draft year that he would get 50 goals and 100 points you call that poster a dreamer and that he had no hockey sense. Well guess most posters that ridiculed him or he was totally wrong. Was there ever an apology forthcoming to that individual? Hell no because you all real quick to denigrate someone but when it is shown that they were wrong it stays in limbo. So when you state that Ovechkin cannot do something, unless you are god, it means nothing. So my son, on what basis do you categorically say that it will not happen or cannot happen? Waiting for that answer because there is none.

The thing that makes Ovechkins numbers better, besides the scored more is he had very little help from his teammates. It was unheard of for a rookie or any other player to account for almost 30% of his team’s points as Ovechkin did while Jagar was a distant second. Where was the great and all-powerful Crosby nowhere to be found. Also when you stated that Wayne was the only player to score 200 or more points you were dead wrong. Mario did it also, so learn your facts before spouting incorrect information and passing it off as gospel.

You call me a homer, but what are all the Crosby and Malkin supporter? They have anointed both of these players superior to Ovechkin. One has not played one day in the NHL and the other was behind him. As it stands right now, Ovechkin is superior to both since he will be the rookie of the year and most likely the Pearson award winner (the player’s choice of the most valuable player.

So just because I can see the greatness because my head is not up someone’s butt, does not make me a homer but someone that can judge talent. Like I said before I saw Wayne before he came to the NHL and knew he would be special. His talent and that of Ovechkin just ooze from every pour in their bodies. These are two great players that will not be forgotten by the hockey world. And I do believe that when Ovechkin’s career is finished he will be in the same company as Wayne and Mario, and if you do not agree does not make you or me wrong because only time will tell.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
SUPERFAN-1 said:
DrMoses said:
First stop the younger crap. They both play in the NHL I believe and I have never seen a handicap in the NHL because of age. That argument is TOTALLY SURPURFULLESS and shows weakness in your opinion.

Another thing, when you posters were informed in 2004 his draft year that he would get 50 goals and 100 points you call that poster a dreamer and that he had no hockey sense. Well guess most posters that ridiculed him or he was totally wrong. Was there ever an apology forthcoming to that individual? Hell no because you all real quick to denigrate someone but when it is shown that they were wrong it stays in limbo. So when you state that Ovechkin cannot do something, unless you are god, it means nothing. So my son, on what basis do you categorically say that it will not happen or cannot happen? Waiting for that answer because there is none.

The thing that makes Ovechkins numbers better, besides the scored more is he had very little help from his teammates. It was unheard of for a rookie or any other player to account for almost 30% of his team’s points as Ovechkin did while Jagar was a distant second. Where was the great and all-powerful Crosby nowhere to be found. Also when you stated that Wayne was the only player to score 200 or more points you were dead wrong. Mario did it also, so learn your facts before spouting incorrect information and passing it off as gospel.

You call me a homer, but what are all the Crosby and Malkin supporter? They have anointed both of these players superior to Ovechkin. One has not played one day in the NHL and the other was behind him. As it stands right now, Ovechkin is superior to both since he will be the rookie of the year and most likely the Pearson award winner (the player’s choice of the most valuable player.

So just because I can see the greatness because my head is not up someone’s butt, does not make me a homer but someone that can judge talent. Like I said before I saw Wayne before he came to the NHL and knew he would be special. His talent and that of Ovechkin just ooze from every pour in their bodies. These are two great players that will not be forgotten by the hockey world. And I do believe that when Ovechkin’s career is finished he will be in the same company as Wayne and Mario, and if you do not agree does not make you or me wrong because only time will tell.
No it makes you wrong, in order to be in the group of Mario and Wayne you need to have vision that very few players have ever had. Ovechkin's vision is no better then Bure or Fedorov's. Crosby has that vision.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
I'm new here, but you people seem to see everything so black and white. Both are good players and have a great future if everything goes well. They are fun to watch, they bring just this new kind of excitement to the game. I like them both.

Well, maybe you just enjoy this ****. Which one is going to be better..blaablaablaa.

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
SUPERFAN-1 said:
DrMoses said:

Mario's best season 1988-89 76 85 114 199 not quite 200 but im glad you got the facts right...
Maybe if were talking about the Q 1983-84 70 133 149 282...

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
SUPERFAN-1 said:

Congratulations. HFboards has 23,505 members and you are the best one.

Clarence Beeks

May 4, 2006
In the Deep South
Le Golie said:
Congratulations. HFboards has 23,505 members and you are the best one.

If that guy is the best of the 23,505 then you must be the most dimwitted. Can't exactly call someone the best out of 23,505 if they can't even get the facts right within the body of their argument. Nice try with the Lemieux stats though, jack***. :clap:

Sammy*

SUPERFAN-1 said:
Canuck21t said:
Ovechkin with good players (per his stats this past season) would approach 80-90 goals and 200 points. No way could Crosby get those kinds of numbers even if he played with Wayne and Mario. Reason he is not a goal scorer and with both of them he would be an after thought and hardly have the puck. Also based on this season if he played with both of those players Ovechkin would score with ease.

But to compare Crosby to the powerhouse called Ovechkin leaves one to ponder whether or not you can judge talent.
Both players will have excellent careers and be major parts to their teams success, but Ovechkin will be the most dominate for 15 to 20 years. .

Post of the Year

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jason MacIsaac said:
SUPERFAN-1 said:
No it makes you wrong, in order to be in the group of Mario and Wayne you need to have vision that very few players have ever had. Ovechkin's vision is no better then Bure or Fedorov's. Crosby has that vision.

Ovechkin has better vision than Bure ever had. That remark is a joke. Ovechkin had more assists his rookie year playing with scrubs than Bure's highest season total (50) which was during 92/93 on team with 6 70 pts getters, 4 30 goal scorers, and 9 20 goal scorers. He only surpassed 40 twice. It's not even close. Ovechkin's playmaking ability can be ridiculously underrated.

What's interesting about this debate is the fact that Crosby's superior vision is the main reason he kept the point race relatively tight. You can make the argument that vision is something exclusive to physical maturity and that age will play less of a role in Crosby's development as it will Ovechkin's. Or maybe it won't.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
SUPERFAN-1 said:
DrMoses said:

You know that the Penguins have scores as a whole 7 more goals than the Capitals in the entire season? Not exactly statistically worthy of notice. Crosby was as much important in the points production of the Penguins that Ovechkin was in Washington, big names or not... 102-106, 4 points difference, same kind of offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad