Crosby is starting to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Canuck21t said:
SUPERFAN-1 said:
Yeah sure, put words into my mouth. I have NEVER put down Ovechkin's talent, NEVER. Unlike your biased views against Canadians, I recognize Ovechkin's talent and if I could vote for who would get the Calder trophy, I would definitly vote for Ovechkin. But IMHO, I believe that in the long run, Crosby will be the better player. Is that such a crime? Can't I have my own opinion based on what I've seen? If there's one player who I think might be better than Crosby, it is Malkin.

Also, you're getting on my nerve when you accuse Canadians for being ignorant. YOU are the proof that Euros can be pretty ignorant and intolerant. Sure we can be arrogant sometime but jeez, you're the one who say stuff like "It is a faster game without all the clutching and grabbing and other such interference." No more will I be misled by believing that the European leagues are a more fluid and entertaining game. Thanks to the lockout, I've seen the Euro game and sorry to say this but it's darn BORING and there's much more clutching and grabbing in Europe. I think even Ovechkin prefers the fast pace of the North American game.

Also it's bigger ice meaning more time to think of plays etc unlike the NA ice where it's smaller, faster paced (because it's smaller), and some arena's with no middle line so it's gone from faster pace to even more faster paced because of that 1 line missing.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Russia has been rolling all 4 lines as well. Ovechkin didn't see any PK time and let's say half of the PP time. The thing is that team Russia this year is better and more balanced than team Canada because all 4 lines have been equally producing (every forward on team Russia has scored at least one goal!) and there was no need (yet) for AO and Malkin to step it up because TEAM Russia was winning with ease. Unlike team Canada where one line has to do all the scoring. If the situation was different I'm sure Malkin line could produce more.

You guys can take the leading scorer award and I'll take the gold medal... :D

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Outside that crosby line Carter was starting to find the net, Shanahan was scoring, etc but line 1 has carried us all tourney.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
kovyfalcon27 said:
I'll second that, furthermore what is the point of trying to convince someone you don't even know to like who you like?? You are never going to convince someone who is a Caps fan or who is Russian that Crosby is better, just as you are never going to convince a Pens fan or someone Canadian that Ovechkin is better. Why not just like who you like, root for them and let other people do the same.

Actually canadian hockey fans seem to prefer AO over crosby.

espo*

TORRUS said:
Russia has been rolling all 4 lines as well. Ovechkin didn't see any PK time and let's say half of the PP time. The thing is that team Russia this year is better and more balanced than team Canada because all 4 lines have been equally producing (every forward on team Russia has scored at least one goal!) and there was no need (yet) for AO and Malkin to step it up because TEAM Russia was winning with ease. Unlike team Canada where one line has to do all the scoring. If the situation was different I'm sure Malkin line could produce more.

I've heard that before plenty the last ten years.

you don't have any gold medal yet.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Such silliness... :D I'm not going to point fingers, but someone said that Ovechkin is going to score over 200 points??? wow. Now, I love Ovechkin. I love his game and his personality so much that I even have a Dinamo Moscow #32 jersey and I root for Caps when they're not playing my Rangers. But to say that???

While I'm big fan of Big O, I also recognize and respect Crosby skills, and I actually believe that by the end of their equally illustrious careers, Crosby will have more points but will score less goals. I just hate ****ing Pittsburgh for picking 1 and 2 for 3 years in the row. What the ****?! This emotional outburst is just a longing for justice in NHL.

ShadowFax

Mar 10, 2004
Nemchinov13 said:
Such silliness... :D I'm not going to point fingers, but someone said that Ovechkin is going to score over 200 points??? wow. Now, I love Ovechkin. I love his game and his personality so much that I even have a Dinamo Moscow #32 jersey and I root for Caps when they're not playing my Rangers. But to say that???

While I'm big fan of Big O, I also recognize and respect Crosby skills, and I actually believe that by the end of their equally illustrious careers, Crosby will have more points but will score less goals. I just hate ****ing Pittsburgh for picking 1 and 2 for 3 years in the row. What the ****?! This emotional outburst is just a longing for justice in NHL.

Hate and jealousy is a path to the dark side.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
ShadowFax said:
Hate and jealousy is a path to the dark side.
Hey now. I'm certainly jealous of MA Fleury, Crosby and Malkin taken by Pittsburgh in back-to-back-to-back drafts. But it SEEMS so unfair for Pittsburgh to have taken those studs. Forget about New York. Why couldn't, say, Chicago nab one of those? I would love for Chicago to have either one of those young stars (seeing the poor state that the Original Six team is in and not to mention the good that it would bring for the game of hockey). Chicago made playoffs, like, once in the last 7 years... That's where I see the injustice. But, as one wise man put it, life is not fair.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Nemchinov13 said:
Hey now. I'm certainly jealous of MA Fleury, Crosby and Malkin taken by Pittsburgh in back-to-back-to-back drafts. But it SEEMS so unfair for Pittsburgh to have taken those studs. Forget about New York. Why couldn't, say, Chicago nab one of those? I would love for Chicago to have either one of those young stars (seeing the poor state that the Original Six team is in and not to mention the good that it would bring for the game of hockey). Chicago made playoffs, like, once in the last 7 years... That's where I see the injustice. But, as one wise man put it, life is not fair.

Actually, the Pens were positioned to draft 1st only once out of those three draft years. The Pens were going to pick third the year they took Fleury and traded up to draft him at no. 1. Washington and Chicago hadn't begun their rebuilding cycles yet, and drafted at 18 and 14 respectively. The next year, Chicago drafted 3rd and the Caps went 1st with AO. 2005 was a lottery where all teams had the potential to get the 1st overall pick. I don't see how you can accuse the Pens of tanking a season they didn't play.

What has killed Chicago more than anything is not drafting well, not to mention severly alienating their fanbase with their absolutely moronic personel moves and pricing of tickets. The Pens have had little, if anything, to do with it.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
TORRUS said:

Just curious, when was the last time that happened?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
TORRUS said:

Well, I didn't expect Canada to win it all this year and I still don't. To me, seeing Crosby doing so well is to me a successful tournament already. It's not just the points, it's also his game that is so fun to watch.

As for Russia, you are right to be so hopeful. Canada in many tournaments past didn't have a leading scorer but managed to win Gold so yeah, Russia may have a better team afterall. Canada is getting more balanced though; Richards and Carter are doing pretty ok these past games.

hpheikki

Jan 5, 2006
TORRUS said:

and by gold medal you mean positions 5-8? :dunno:

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
ChitownExile said:
Actually, the Pens were positioned to draft 1st only once out of those three draft years. The Pens were going to pick third the year they took Fleury and traded up to draft him at no. 1. Washington and Chicago hadn't begun their rebuilding cycles yet, and drafted at 18 and 14 respectively. The next year, Chicago drafted 3rd and the Caps went 1st with AO. 2005 was a lottery where all teams had the potential to get the 1st overall pick. I don't see how you can accuse the Pens of tanking a season they didn't play.

What has killed Chicago more than anything is not drafting well, not to mention severly alienating their fanbase with their absolutely moronic personel moves and pricing of tickets. The Pens have had little, if anything, to do with it.
I didn't know that Pens traded up to select Fleury... I just went with Chicago as an example. Columbus would've been a better example in my argument, if it can be called an argument. Anyways, the way that Pens stocked up their organization, they seem to be ready to be a dynasty in a few years.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Damn, malkin is great both offensively and defensively. I stand by my prediction that in the coming years crosby will be the second best player on the penguins behind malkin.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Nemchinov13 said:
I didn't know that Pens traded up to select Fleury... I just went with Chicago as an example. Columbus would've been a better example in my argument, if it can be called an argument. Anyways, the way that Pens stocked up their organization, they seem to be ready to be a dynasty in a few years.

Few people realize they did. Hell, I had trouble remembering they were originally slated to draft 3rd-- I had to look it up to be sure. That was 3 years ago, which feels like forever on these boards.

I think Washington has the potential to be excellent as well, which bodes well for our rivalry. Columbus too will be good in the near future. What the Pens have over them (which is partially countered by our former GM's ineptitude at rebuilding and questionable moves) is that we started earlier than any of them except for the expansion teams. And those sometimes take a while to get on solid footing -- see the Capitals for further proof.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The_Eck said:
Damn, malkin is great both offensively and defensively. I stand by my prediction that in the coming years crosby will be the second best player on the penguins behind malkin.
Great attitude too...

He has said things along the lines of "if I get to play with Crosby, the pleasure is solely on my side". etc.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
hpheikki said:
and by gold medal you mean positions 5-8? :dunno:

Damn you're smart. And funny as well. And you pwned me...

It's easy to be the general after the battle, ha? :shakehead

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
mattihp said:
Great attitude too...

He has said things along the lines of "if I get to play with Crosby, the pleasure is solely on my side". etc.

I think that both are going to absolutely love having the other on the team. Both are fierce competitors who hate losing and each makes winning much more likey. Individually how can each not love playing the PP together . . . that has to be the equivilent of hockey Nirvana for each of them . . . and finally having both on the team creates hockey hell for opposing coaches in matching up lines. Choose your poison. Let one go wild with your checking line on the other or dilute your top checking line. Either way, what is not to absolutely love with having the other on the team centering a second top line? They each have to be absolutely drooling at the idea.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Jaded-Fan said:
I think that both are going to absolutely love having the other on the team. Both are fierce competitors who hate losing and each makes winning much more likey. Individually how can each not love playing the PP together . . . that has to be the equivilent of hockey Nirvana for each of them . . . and finally having both on the team creates hockey hell for opposing coaches in matching up lines. Choose your poison. Let one go wild with your checking line on the other or dilute your top checking line. Either way, what is not to absolutely love with having the other on the team centering a second top line? They each have to be absolutely drooling at the idea.

I think their relationship is gonna be like Heatley/Kovalcuk in Atlanta.Skill wise, Its like the Wings were with Yzerman and Fedorov. Except Crosby and Malkin will probably be better.

Vitkovice*

Zack Attack said:
Forsberg can't stay healthy, and Jagr shows up once every 5 years.

Crosby is God.

I suggest you do a little research and find that between 94 and 2001, Jagr was showing up pretty often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad