Friedman: Coyotes prepared to give Domi a fresh start, expect him to be traded by draft

Evergreen

I would love to have Domi on the Flyers. But I don’t want to part with what it would likely take to get him.

Do the Coyotes want help now? Or would they be looking for prospects?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
.......ahh no lol. Nice troll job.

Domi however would look good with McDavid. Counter Offer.

Benning, 2nd Round 18(30-35 range), Caggiulla

Cap Relief.

And, naw you're jsut a homer. Arizona wouldn't move Domi for that garbage quantity over quality proposal. My proposal is closer to what it would take than yours.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I won't pretend to be an expert on Max Domi, but based on his boxcars trading him for a 'fresh start' seems like it would be beyond stupid.

The Yotes have a pretty solid top 6 player here.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
If they are low on Domi and want to give him a fresh start, what exactly would they be demanding?
I don't know of course but the comments from AZ are that they want a substantial return, not at all what "giving him a fresh start" implies.

No ties to either team and don't like or respect either GM but my feeling is AZ would only move Domi for something fairly significant. From what I've seen he's a risk to come close to where he was drafted and the prediction of the player he was to be early on.

So my comment was meant to say what I think it would take to get him would require a payment that would make Domi anything but a low risk acquisition.

I brought this up a while back but RNH to Wpg. in a package built around one or more of their wingers makes some sense. Cap considerations have to factor in but the Jets have an abundance of wingers and a lot are better now and will be in the future than Domi. My opinion of course.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
1) you can predict the future? Domi had 52 points as a rookie...

2) $$ always plays a role and this would be huge cap relief for Edmonton. Nuge isn't really worth the 6 AAV when you have McD and Draisaitl as your top 2 centers already.

I agree Arizona would have to add a small piece like a 2nd or B prospect but nothing major like you are implying.
You can evaluate and make predictions based on a lot of things, what you see, what you have seen and what you hear. Very comfortable in my views on these players.

You're assuming Edmonton will welcome a reduction in cap dollars enough they accept a far less of a player, I don't. If Edmonton decides to make RNH available primarily for that reason they will receive much stronger offers.

Arizona would need to add a significant piece to even have Edmonton consider this, even with their GM.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Rookie season: 0.64ppg
Sophomore season: 0.64ppg
Junior season: 0.45ppg

He's been playing center (for some insane reason)for a brand new coaching staff (who's been terrible) of the worst team in the NHL (by about a mile), with Zac Rinaldo and Toby Rieder as his wingers. Of course his production dropped 19%.

Tocchet should've never left Pittsburgh, lol. He'll get canned by next season sometime. He's just not head coach material.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Friedman says too much
Doubt Chayka would trade him at a low point. He will still be a Coyote after deadline.
Deadline deals rarely see struggling young players move, the teams shopping want guys who will help them. The draft though, is a different story. I could see Edmonton having big interest in Domi at the draft. Not sure if there is a deal to be had between the two teams, I guess it all depends on what Arizona wants for him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
1) you can predict the future? Domi had 52 points as a rookie...

2) $$ always plays a role and this would be huge cap relief for Edmonton. Nuge isn't really worth the 6 AAV when you have McD and Draisaitl as your top 2 centers already.

I agree Arizona would have to add a small piece like a 2nd or B prospect but nothing major like you are implying.

Nuge is needed because McLellan likes to play Draisaitl at RW as well. When he is playing wing, our 2nd line C can't be Ryan Strome. Honestly, I don't know if I see Chayka being interested in Nuge for Domi anyway.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Nuge is needed because McLellan likes to play Draisaitl at RW as well. When he is playing wing, our 2nd line C can't be Ryan Strome. Honestly, I don't know if I see Chayka being interested in Nuge for Domi anyway.

Domi for nuge is strome for eberle 2.0

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I thought Tie was becoming buddies with Barroway.....

I feel there is more to this story than is being reported. I hope this isn't the Coyotes just not wanting to deal with Tie anymore. Its a weird dynamic because to the best of my understanding, Chayka got introduced to the Coyotes through Tie, who had hired Chayka as a private consultant when Max was in London.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I wouldn't go that far. Strome is useless when not scoring. At least Domi can play physical. But I have no interest in Domi if the cost is Nuge.

Exactly. Domi's a better all around player but the value chasm is not worth giving up RNH for just domi. If hammer is in the package then it's interesting.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Remember folks... this is Chayka and the Coyotes. It's likely that Domi wants out. (see Louis Domingue, John Scott, and multiple others' debacles).

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Rookie season: 0.64ppg
Sophomore season: 0.64ppg
Junior season: 0.45ppg

He's been playing center (for some insane reason)for a brand new coaching staff (who's been terrible) of the worst team in the NHL (by about a mile), with Zac Rinaldo and Toby Rieder as his wingers. Of course his production dropped 19%.

Not trying to be a hard a$$ but what do his primary point numbers for those 3 years look like?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
He's way too good to waste his career in the desert. Chaya will trade him for a player that they don't have to pay like all the other guys they have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad