Friedman: Coyotes prepared to give Domi a fresh start, expect him to be traded by draft

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Friedman says too much
Doubt Chayka would trade him at a low point. He will still be a Coyote after deadline.

Reactions: RABBIT

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not sure how a GM is going to get a high price for someone who has 4 G this year. Hes either going to have to sell low on him or wait it out, imo.

Reactions: MakoSlade

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
2. Max Domi scored his fourth of the year to open Arizona’s stunning 6–1 victory over Chicago on Monday night. It has been a hard year for the talented forward. The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start, pending a fair offer. If it doesn’t come before the deadline, expect it at the draft. I do think Montreal will took a look, but I don’t know if that’s going anywhere.[\QUOTE]

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Funny that this guy has 13 goals in his last 100+ NHL games as a scoring forward and people are still discussing the type “haul” the Yotes should receive here.
It’ll probably be a 3/4 D who is in similar position, rather not living up to the hype or buried by depth but not good enough to become more than depth on a contender.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
He might be a bit too old or not have quite enough term on his deal, but it would be cool to see something around Nugent-Hopkins. Domi and McDavid have good chemistry, and Draisaitl can go back to center.

Domi replaces Maroon @ LW, Draisaitl replaces Hopkins @ C, and Oilers now need a RW instead of LW after Maroon leaves.

Arizona probably trades Strome now, with Stepan Hopkins Dvorak down the middle. Trading Strome was a big possibility before anyways.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd take a shot at Domi if I were the Leafs, the kid had a 52 point season at 20 years old and he's only 22 now so there is talent there but he is dying in Arizona.

You bring him to Toronto you can roll

Hyman Matthews Nylander

Domi Kadri Marner

Marleau ? Brown

you fill that 3rd line C spot in free agency and you are good that could be an even better top 9 than we have now if Marner and Domi can recapture the chemistry they had in London

Reactions: voyageur

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'll presume you're serious. RNH is a much much much better player than Domi. Right now and going forward.

1) you can predict the future? Domi had 52 points as a rookie...

2) $$ always plays a role and this would be huge cap relief for Edmonton. Nuge isn't really worth the 6 AAV when you have McD and Draisaitl as your top 2 centers already.

I agree Arizona would have to add a small piece like a 2nd or B prospect but nothing major like you are implying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->