Friedman: Coyotes prepared to give Domi a fresh start, expect him to be traded by draft

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
:coyotesRyan Nugent Hopkins

:edmonton Max Domi

Definitely not, but if you want to get creative with the add, how about a flip of firsts IF the Yotes don’t get Dahlin? Say the Yotes are picking 3rd/4th and the Oil are in the 7-9th range. For me this only happens if Zadina is available with the pick.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Come to Pittsburgh. Mario and your dad hang out at games and play golf together in the off season anyway, might aswell bring Tie Domis son to Pittsburgh.

Crosby, Malkin or Kessel you can play with.

Lemieux and Tie can go talk and watch sports in 1 room, Max and Crosby can go to the other room and play blocks.

Reactions: ColeJ

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah but what can they really offer? Montreal should not be trading their top picks.

They are a rival of the Leafs, so if they want to trade more assets for another undersized winger, so be it.

Maybe he can try being a center like Drouin

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
RNH + 2nd (30 to 38)
For
Strome + Domi

Or

RNH + Klefbom + Benson + 2019 1st + 2018 2nd + Caleb Jones + Cond. 2020 1st if OEL resigns if he doesnt its a 2nd
For
OEL+ Domi+ Strome

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
They are a rival of the Leafs, so if they want to trade more assets for another undersized winger, so be it.

Maybe he can try being a center like Drouin
I admit I fully support them smurfing it up and trading their Dahlin pick for him, but it seems like too much to wish for.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I admit I fully support them smurfing it up and trading their Dahlin pick for him, but it seems like too much to wish for.

Didn’t even think of that.

I now want the Habs to trade their 1st for Domi, and the Yotes win the lottery with it

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Come to Pittsburgh. Mario and your dad hang out at games and play golf together in the off season anyway, might aswell bring Tie Domis son to Pittsburgh.

Crosby, Malkin or Kessel you can play with.

Lemieux and Tie can go talk and watch sports in 1 room, Max and Crosby can go to the other room and play blocks.
I think Pitt should be all over this. I’m sure he’d find his way out of the slump on a line with Sid or Malkin. And he’s super cheap $$ wise right now which is what we need.

It’s been discussed before and Arizona fans weren’t sure what to ask as a price because they didn’t really want to trade him.

We don’t really have a comparable player for a 1 for 1 swap though. Arizona still needs a goalie of the future right?

Jarry+Sheary for Domi get it done?

Pitt can run with Murray and DeSmith. Gus could alsways be called up and is doing pretty well right now.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think Pitt should be all over this. I’m sure he’d find his way out of the slump on a line with Sid or Malkin. And he’s super cheap $$ wise right now which is what we need.

It’s been discussed before and Arizona fans weren’t sure what to ask as a price because they didn’t really want to trade him.

We don’t really have a comparable player for a 1 for 1 swap though. Arizona still needs a goalie of the future right?

Jarry+Sheary for Domi get it done?

Pitt can run with Murray and DeSmith. Gus could alsways be called up and is doing pretty well right now.

Rather deal Gus, we need Jarry for when MM gets injured again. I dunno how to gauge Domi's value tbh.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Rather deal Gus, we need Jarry for when MM gets injured again. I dunno how to gauge Domi's value tbh.
I was going to include Gus but figured Arizona would want a more established goalie. You’re right it is tough to gauge Domi’s value

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Oilers fans will hate me for this but lets say the Oilers are picking in the 6th to 9th range

RNH and Oilers first rounder for
Max Domi and Dylan Strome

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I don’t think he needs a fresh start. Young players can have a down year. Progress isn’t always linear but he is still a good young top six player. Didn’t he have great chemistry with Horvat? I’m sure Vancouver could put something together.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What the hell does that mean?

Pretty straight forward....the team recognizes he needs a fresh starter and are willing help facilitate that via trade. Under the right coach, team and organization I think Domi will do well. I’m happy for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->