Value of: Could Toronto acquire one of the following dman?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
the pens just won the cup with a top 4 of

Dumolin - Hainsey
Maata - Schultz

the leafs group right now would be

Gardiner-Zaitsev
Rielly - Hainsey

If Matthews/Nylander/Marner take the next step, they might not need anyone. let the kids develop. trading one of the big 3 would be beyond stupid. Chicago built around Toews,Kane,Keith and Pittsburgh has Crosby,Malkin,Kessel. Toronto can afford 3 talented forwards

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Can someone tell me why HF is convinced if the Leafs do not go all in this year they never win a cup? Is there something wrong with going into the year as the roster is now?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Calgary wouldn't do that

yeahn why would they when a gaudreau-monahan-marner line could easily be the best line in the league. looks like they got that RW slot stacked with talent.

kinda pointless because the leafs would never offer marner up for a 19min/night 2nd pairing dman

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Parayko would no doubt cost us one of our big 3. Same would go for Ghost and Provorov (which I did not list).

Bouwmeester would interest me as he's a great shutdown dman and minute muncher. Depending on the cost of course.

It would coat you the big one to get Parayko. Leaf fans will laugh and say no way....fair enough, but you guys keep asking aboht him. The price will not change.

As for Boumeester. Its tricky, as of now..it would require an OP to make it worth the Blues while. Now lets say Edmundson makes Boumeester available, well then he wouldn't be too pricy.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Can someone tell me why HF is convinced if the Leafs do not go all in this year they never win a cup? Is there something wrong with going into the year as the roster is now?

the same logic doesnt apply to the leafs as LAK/CHI/WAS/PIT

apparently our cup window closes when the big 3 get paid. obviously the leafs management arent competent enough to surround them with enough talent with only 50m to spend after those guys get paid

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
It would coat you the big one to get Parayko. Leaf fans will laugh and say no way....fair enough, but you guys keep asking aboht him. The price will not change.

As for Boumeester. Its tricky, as of now..it would require an OP to make it worth the Blues while. Now lets say Edmundson makes Boumeester available, well then he wouldn't be too pricy.

count this leafs fan as laughing and saying no way. #1C are just as hard to get as #1D. I personally doubt the leafs would move Matthews for ANYONE in the league not named Mcdavid. yup, not doughty, not pietrangelo, not anyone. I'll give a maybe to Karlsson because he is just that good, but moving a 19 year old for a 26 year old is probably a no go as well.

personally i think the leafs wouldnt be willing to make a fair offer on boumeester. he is a shell of the guy who played in florida.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
For Parayko, the cost is Matthews and I understand when Leafs fans balk.

Bouwmeester isn't dissimilar to Ryan Reaves. He fills a role and isn't going to be traded unless there's an overpayment.

The Blues have some young LHD prospects coming up soon (maybe even this year). J Bo could be a name to be looked at a year from now.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
count this leafs fan as laughing and saying no way. #1C are just as hard to get as #1D. I personally doubt the leafs would move Matthews for ANYONE in the league not named Mcdavid. yup, not doughty, not pietrangelo, not anyone. I'll give a maybe to Karlsson because he is just that good, but moving a 19 year old for a 26 year old is probably a no go as well.

personally i think the leafs wouldnt be willing to make a fair offer on boumeester. he is a shell of the guy who played in florida.
Then collectively stop asking for Parayko. We're not making threads asking for Matthews. I absolutely understand why no one would trade him. I would be same way.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Good news, our GM isn't dealing with team's fans

Nope, but the entire purpose of this forum is for fans to interact with one another about possible trades or acquisitions so it will continue that way despite your comment.

On topic: Ellis would cost way too much. Acquiring him isn't realistic.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Any of the bold ones should he available for pkgs of 1st/Kap/Brown/Liljegren/Dermott/Bracco/etc

If you completely ignore were the other teams are and what they are trying to do... sure, maybe.

Brodin, Dumba, Ellis and Ekholm are not being traded for futures. Contending teams dont trade top 4 dmen for futures.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I'm predicting one of JVR/Bozak get traded for a 1st or 2 2nds. Then it is flipped with our own 2018 1st for Tanev.

2018 1st Toronto, 2018 1st (other team) for Tanev.

---Rielly-Tanev
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

2 late first aren't getting you Tanev...

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Thank you for all the responses :)

As much as I'd like a young up and coming dman like many in the list I think the leafs would go after an experienced top 3 dman on a short term contract, I.e Bouwmeester.

For him I'd offer a package of Bracco + Carrick + 2nd

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Matthews/Nylander/Marner - Untouchable according to Leaf fans.

If your trying to add to your current D without trading Gardiner or Rielly, both are not an option.

I see nothing the Leafs have on their roster or prospects or any combo that could return Trouba.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
People in this thread are out of their minds if they believe Toronto needs to be extorted to obtain a top 4 defenceman. The Leafs already have shot down the myth that their defence is as bad as some want to believe ( See playoffs versus Capitals). LA with great defenceman didn't make the playoffs. Neither did Winnipeg (Trouba, Buff), Carolina (Slavic, Pesci, Hanifin, Falk), Philadelphia (Ghost, Provorov), etc. I think Toronto will be just fine going into the season with what they have. If someone reasonable becomes available, I'm sure it will not cost them top line talent as some here hope.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yeah, Doughty's a two year "placeholder"...

If the Leafs trade for Doughty, it's going to cost them Marner+, and Doughty will be their number one. Period.

He would be at the very peak age for defensemen, and coming into Toronto right when Matthews and co. are entering their prime. You couldn't ask for a better situation for Toronto. Doughty is a proven winner and will undoubtedly push Toronto over the top.

It will cost the Leafs, not only in the trade itself, but to re-sign Doughty at his rumored 11-12 million AAV. But it's likely worth it if he wins them a Cup.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
What are you expecting for him then??

Vancouver fans are expecting the world.

Galchenyuk + isn't enough for tanev. Not that I would pay that for tanev but goes to show every teams fanbase have some fickle ones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad