Value of: Could Toronto acquire one of the following dman?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
How about Holden and a 2nd for JVR? Holden put up 34 points last, which was good enough for 45th overall among defenseman. He is not a top pairing guy, but he is fine on the middle pair. His contract is great this year as well, which would help with Toronto's cap.

Underwhelming....i would pass.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Canes want a first line center, you got any? Otherwise dont call back.

There are no 1st line centers avalible ever. It's the hardest piece to get. You'll never get one from any team so if Faulk was to be avalible you better lower your standards a touch.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
There are no 1st line centers avalible ever. It's the hardest piece to get. You'll never get one from any team so if Faulk was to be avalible you better lower your standards a touch.
#1 D is harder to get. At least with a #1C you stand a pretty good chance of landing one if you get a high draft pick. With a #1D you generally have to hit a home run farther down in the draft which isn’t nearly as reliable.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
#1 D is harder to get. At least with a #1C you stand a pretty good chance of landing one if you get a high draft pick. With a #1D you generally have to hit a home run farther down in the draft which isn’t nearly as reliable.

That's fair but I can't see one team offering up a 1C for Faulk. Maybe a top line winger or 2nd line center but not a chance he returns a 1C

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
That's fair but I can't see one team offering up a 1C for Faulk. Maybe a top line winger or 2nd line center but not a chance he returns a 1C

Carolina isn’t trying to move him so they don’t really care what other teams are willing to offer, all they care about is what they’d need in return to make their team better after accounting for the hole created by trading Faulk.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Carolina isn’t trying to move him so they don’t really care what other teams are willing to offer, all they care about is what they’d need in return to make their team better after accounting for the hole created by trading Faulk.

Wasn't he on the block leading up to trade deadline this year? It was out there as a rumour

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
I think the leafs wait and see what they have in Dermott and the Swedes before we trade give up and Matthews for Tanev

Dermott seems pretty decent tbh

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Canucks counter with

Tanev

For

Kapenen
Liljegren
2018 1st

And then it goes from there

:laugh: What goes, the rest of the joke?

Tanev is a good defender who would fit with Toronto, but he's not a superstar and he's not getting two former 1st picks at 20 and younger plus an additional 1st pick.

Don't be ridiculous.

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto
Yes, Toronto could get one of those defensemen, and they wouldn't have to give up one of their big three forwards to do it.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Canucks counter with

Tanev

For

Kapenen
Liljegren
2018 1st

And then it goes from there

Lol. this is not even close. I wouldn't trade anyone of Kapanen, Liljegren and definitely not the 1st for Tanev, let alone all three.....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We have a ton of assets including 1sts and Liljegren. If the right deal comes up, we may not say no.

Could not do 20 pp, expect this was not yet raised...

Rangers will move Holden and attempt to move Staal, who has NMC, and must approve waive
they also have LDs Skjei, Smith and Graves + behind McDonagh, who could conceivably go for MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT, not less.

McD is on sweetheart 4.7 per for another 2 yrs

JVR would have little interest for us.

1sts and Liljegren
more 1sts and Kadri
something around Nylander

would prefer Leafs get ball rolling, feel free to include Holden/Staal or not, yes, we will pay within reason to have you take Staal.

will review dif packages you come up with once I catch up on work early nxt wk
thanks

People in this thread are out of their minds if they believe Toronto needs to be extorted to obtain a top 4 defenceman. The Leafs already have shot down the myth that their defence is as bad as some want to believe ( See playoffs versus Capitals). LA with great defenceman didn't make the playoffs. Neither did Winnipeg (Trouba, Buff), Carolina (Slavic, Pesci, Hanifin, Falk), Philadelphia (Ghost, Provorov), etc. I think Toronto will be just fine going into the season with what they have. If someone reasonable becomes available, I'm sure it will not cost them top line talent as some here hope.

I don't begrudge you that, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, you don't wanna overpay.

That said, that want yields to
you get what you pay for
and
supply and demand

or no deal.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Bracco/Leivo
Carrick
2nd in 2018
4th in 2019

For

Tanev

That is a bad, bad offer for a very good defenseman. Bracco, Leivo and Carrick will never be anything more than bit players in the NHL. They have waiver-wire value.

I agree with the Kapanen, Liljegren and a 1st valuation. I could potentially see Tanev go for one piece less than that, depending on how Benning views Kapanen/Liljegren (whichever one is involved). But realistically, there's a good chance at least one of those players is a bust, and the others might only end up role players. Look at the Ryan Smyth trade for O'Marra, Nilsson and a 1st. All of the players ended up not making an impact. Magic beans and all that.

Point is, unless a GM is desperate for a trade, I don't see them giving away solid NHL contributors for a couple above average prospects.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
And if so...for what?

Montour
Manson
Vatanen
Hamilton
Giordano
Hanifan
Faulk
Pesce
Seabrook
Brodin
Dumba
Ellis
Ekholm
Bouwmeester
Parayko
Stralman
Tanev
Trouba

Gio and Hamilton are a no. Flames acquire Hamilton and Hamonic to strengthen the top 4. Trading one away makes no sense.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Could not do 20 pp, expect this was not yet raised...

Rangers will move Holden and attempt to move Staal, who has NMC, and must approve waive
they also have LDs Skjei, Smith and Graves + behind McDonagh, who could conceivably go for MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT, not less.

McD is on sweetheart 4.7 per for another 2 yrs

JVR would have little interest for us.

1sts and Liljegren
more 1sts and Kadri
something around Nylander

would prefer Leafs get ball rolling, feel free to include Holden/Staal or not, yes, we will pay within reason to have you take Staal.

will review dif packages you come up with once I catch up on work early nxt wk
thanks

I don't begrudge you that, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, you don't wanna overpay.

That said, that want yields to
you get what you pay for
and
supply and demand

or no deal.

Holden is a bottom pair D...not needed.

Staal? Lol...ya right.

We can't afford what you want for McD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad