Player Discussion Corey Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The entire core pushed for Carlyle.

That's not really what I read. I just saw that Murray spoke to several of the players about it before it happened. I wouldn't call that "pushing for him". The only that gave me the impression that he may have pushed for Carlyle was Kesler.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What is wrong with Corey Perry?

Fans ask it. Analysts. His coach. And another person he knows better than anyone else.

Himself.

“You’re only human if you don’t, right?†Perry said Wednesday. “You don’t obviously talk to yourself. But you know what’s going on. You’re just trying to figure out how to get back to what you were.

Finally Stephens weighs in.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That's actually a pretty decent read too. I'm interested to see how the lines play out and if there will be changes or if Kesler taking a maintenance day was the reason behind the changes.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
That's actually a pretty decent read too. I'm interested to see how the lines play out and if there will be changes or if Kesler taking a maintenance day was the reason behind the changes.

that's actually one of the more frustrating things about Stephens. He's actually a very good writer. Just no passion for the Ducks. I hate baseball, but I imagine if (or maybe he already does?) he covered the Dodgers, he'd be one of the best for MLB writers.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
2 goals and a assist today against the Sabres hoping that this is a a sign of good things to come but for some reason I don't think it will be.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
A broken clock is right 2 times a day, let's see if it's broken or he just needed to replace the batteries.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm happy for Perry he needed that game. Hopefully it leads to better things to come.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
And I came so close to projecting a Perry hattrick. It was in a random projection thread early in the season, where I had Perry pegged for a hattrick in this very game. His first 2 goal game of the season, so I wasn't far off. Of course, I can't find the thread now :D

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
FB_IMG_1487654412996.jpg

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I honestly think perry is playing like **** on purpose. I think he wants out.. Maybe because of Carlyle

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I honestly think perry is playing like **** on purpose. I think he wants out.. Maybe because of Carlyle

If the 2016-17 Corey Perry is what we have to look forward to for the next 4 years, then I'll be happy to drive Corey to the airport (even LAX if that is his preference :)). He's afraid to go to the crease, he skates like he's carrying a bigger piano than before and even his world-class hands have deserted him this year.

However, I don't imagine many teams want this year's Perry at $8.6M per season for four more years either. I only hope that he has some nagging injury or some off ice issues that have been a distraction for him this season. :(

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
At the current point I'd love to get him out. Perry for Landeskog :P

Why would Colorado do that?

What the hell happned to Corey Perry idk. He needs to play 0.5 GPG pace the rest of the season to even get to the 20 goal mark.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Maybe I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, but would this be such a bad result for us? We'd get a huge chunk of money off the payroll, while making the team younger/faster in the process...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
When you're meant to be the teams best goal scorer and Ryan Getzlaf who doesn't even shoot the puck when he has a clear breakaway has as many goals as you there is a huge issue.

Perrys season continues to baffle me. I don't buy it's just a matter of him declining there's more to it than that.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Perrys season continues to baffle me. I don't buy it's just a matter of him declining there's more to it than that.

That's what I've been saying... it's obviously in his head pretty heavy now, but there's something else going on, too. Something that triggered this.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
When you're meant to be the teams best goal scorer and Ryan Getzlaf who doesn't even shoot the puck when he has a clear breakaway has as many goals as you there is a huge issue.

I'm convinced that Perry is pulling off the ultimate troll move by letting his brother Adam play in his place. He just didn't realize it would go this far without anyone noticing. It's the only explanation.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
If Perry doesn't heat up soon this team is out in the first round. This team isn't scoring enough to go deep, and Perry is supposed to be a leader in this regard.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
If Perry doesn't heat up soon this team is out in the first round. This team isn't scoring enough to go deep, and Perry is supposed to be a leader in this regard.

Even if he heats up, depending on the matchup unless we make a move we are out in the first round imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad