Value of: Corey Perry at $5 Million

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't know, I wouldn't mind taking Lucic if it meant we got Dahlin...

Maybe but the Oilers would be lottery protecting that 1st in such a scenario so it'd probably be next year's 1st with their penchant for hitting the lotto. lol

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Ducks need to do something significant to shake up the team chemistry after this season. Of the Big three 30+ year old core players, Perry makes the most sense to move.

Hypothetically:

Corey Perry waives his no move clause and the Ducks are willing to retain $3.625 per.

18-19: $5 Million
19-20: $5 Million
20-21: $5 Million

You get a slow gritty soon to be 33 year old 50 point former Hart trophy winner on contract for three seasons at a $5 million cap hit.

Offers?
3rd rounder?
Honestly, even at $5 mil he probably only has neutral value

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
3rd rounder?
Honestly, even at $5 mil he probably only has neutral value

A 49 point player in 71 games at 5 million for the next three years is going to have positive value. If the Ducks offered the Sharks Corey Perry at 5 million, I'd definitely have interest in him depending on their asking price. I'd pay significantly more than a 3rd round pick for what Perry is now before any likely rebound he'd have on a new team.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
A 49 point player in 71 games at 5 million for the next three years is going to have positive value. If the Ducks offered the Sharks Corey Perry at 5 million, I'd definitely have interest in him depending on their asking price. I'd pay significantly more than a 3rd round pick for what Perry is now before any likely rebound he'd have on a new team.
My bad. I thought he had 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad