Value of: Corey Perry at $5 Million

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I wouldn’t mind putting him on Benn and Seguin’s RW. Let’s us move Radulov down to the 2nd line.

I’m way off with knowing value though, so I won’t speculate.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Corey Perry with 1.625 mil retained (7 mil cap hit for 3 years) for Matt Moulson with 50% retained (2.5mil for 1 year) and the rights to Hudson Fasching

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I can't help thinking that while the Ducks will explore all options, most likely Perry is with the ducks for another year. I think Perry is much more trade-able (and any retention easier to accept) with only two years left on his contract. Also, while I have no idea how to do the math, my guess is the buyout becomes more attractive. The ducks are better off overpaying him for one more year - it is not like his production has fallen off. I would also point out that part of the reason for the drop off in scoring is he no longer gets first team power play minutes.

Also, after next year, the Ducks can approach Perry and let him know that he's not going to be protected in the expansion draft (i.e., either he waives NMC or is bought out). My guess is that makes him more amenable to being traded.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Corey Perry with 1.625 mil retained (7 mil cap hit for 3 years) for Matt Moulson with 50% retained (2.5mil for 1 year) and the rights to Hudson Fasching
If Anaheim is purely looking to dump Perry, then this would be a no brainer for Anaheim I would think.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
This is a guy with a full NMC. There's not going to be any 'dumping' of him anywhere he doesn't want to go.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

I like it as a pure cap dump, but also think the Ducks can get a real asset or two if they retain more salary.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Could be a JVR replacement if the price isn't too high. 3 years term is better for the Leafs than the 6 years JVR will get.
He'd be a waste of cap space for us. Take your chances with better, younger and cheaper players like Johnsson and Kapanen.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Noone wants that slow P.O.S.
Except some NHL teams executives, but what do they know, right? It was reported by Friedman(?) that there is interest, because he obviously is struggling. However, I say there is 1% chance he is moved, as his huge contract and NMC makes it very very difficult. While teams are at least somewhat interested, they will not break the bank for him anymore.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Except some NHL teams executives, but what do they know, right? It was reported by Friedman(?) that there is interest, because he obviously is struggling. However, I say there is 1% chance he is moved, as his huge contract and NMC makes it very very difficult. While teams are at least somewhat interested, they will not break the bank for him anymore.
Pretty damning comments by Murray when he makes comments about Perry’s off season commitment.

Perry only leaves if he wants to.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Corey Perry for Erik Gustafsson/Gustav Forsling/Jan Rutta/Vinnie Hinostroza make your pick. Or take two or more, if you wish.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Any team that trades for him would have to protect him in the expansion draft.
Unless one side exercises the opt out clause in the cba in 2019 making th cba expire in sept 2020. Nhl would hen push the ED to 2021 which is the year Perry’s contract expires.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Laughable to try and suggest that Lucic and Perry have equal value. I hate both but Perry at 49 points in 71 games with another three years at 8.625 million is significantly more valuable than Lucic at 34 points in 82 games at 6 million for another 5 years. That's not even close and I'm insulted for Ducks fans whose team I don't like that anyone thought they were even close to equal. If the Oilers wanted to swap Lucic for Perry, they're adding a 1st round draft pick and I still wouldn't do that if I ran the Ducks.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Laughable to try and suggest that Lucic and Perry have equal value. I hate both but Perry at 49 points in 71 games with another three years at 8.625 million is significantly more valuable than Lucic at 34 points in 82 games at 6 million for another 5 years. That's not even close and I'm insulted for Ducks fans whose team I don't like that anyone thought they were even close to equal. If the Oilers wanted to swap Lucic for Perry, they're adding a 1st round draft pick and I still wouldn't do that if I ran the Ducks.
I don't know, I wouldn't mind taking Lucic if it meant we got Dahlin...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->