OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I just started watching GOT from the beginning the other day. I am on the season one finale. Knowing what I know now, a lot of things actually make more sense lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
E3 has been a total snooze fest. Very little to be excited for.

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo looks the most interesting.

Last Guardian being alive maybe the best news from Sony's camp.

Honestly don't care about Microsoft.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
E3 has been a total snooze fest. Very little to be excited for.

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo looks the most interesting.

Last Guardian being alive maybe the best news from Sony's camp.

Honestly don't care about Microsoft.
E3 has truly been weak this year... but still there have been some decent announcements or gameplay videos of upcoming games. Uncharted 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Dreams (trailer was meh but I find this an interesting consept for a game since it's being developed by Media Molecule)... oh wait, that's all? Dang.

Also, Fallout 4. Mofukkin Fallout 4. The gameplay made me rock hard. It's gonna be the game of the year. Yeah, you got that right. I said it. GOTY.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Classic flick "The Warriors" is on Sundance tonight at 7pm.

DVR it if you havent seen it yet.

Funny story - my dad and step mom were living in an apartment in manhattan on riverside and 96th st. They filmed the opening scene with all the gangs right out their window. My step mom had no idea they were filming a movie and just saw all these gangs having a meet up outside their apartment and started yelling to my dad they had to get out of there. :laugh:

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
E3 has truly been weak this year... but still there have been some decent announcements or gameplay videos of upcoming games. Uncharted 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Dreams (trailer was meh but I find this an interesting consept for a game since it's being developed by Media Molecule)... oh wait, that's all? Dang.

Also, Fallout 4. Mofukkin Fallout 4. The gameplay made me rock hard. It's gonna be the game of the year. Yeah, you got that right. I said it. GOTY.

I can not wait for fallout 4!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Things that caught my eye:

Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Forza 6, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, FIFA 16, NHL 16, Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront, Metal Gear 5, Gears of War 4, Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Doom, Unravel, and Xbox One backwards compatibility.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
The thing is if he shows up anywhere filming people will know I think.

Everything I think you need to make any leap of faith here can be gathered in this clip:

https://youtu.be/GhOVUl1OzSs?t=1m35s

[spoil]Thoros was a man without faith going through the motions and only said the "old words" out of desperation to save his fallen friend and it worked. Mel certainly knows what words he means as both being a priest and priestess of that faith. She now is armed with the knowledge of what to do.[/spoil]

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Things that caught my eye:

Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Forza 6, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, FIFA 16, NHL 16, Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront, Metal Gear 5, Gears of War 4, Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Doom, Unravel, and Xbox One backwards compatibility.

Definitely Fallout, Uncharted and Tomb Raider. Will check out Doom too since I am old enough to have played the original when it came out. :laugh:

If Sony would make the dam PS4 backwards compatible I would buy one. Until then I am going to stick to PC gaming for a bit and then PS3. It will probably take a new Last of Us to get me to get a PS4.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Everything I think you need to make any leap of faith here can be gathered in this clip:

https://youtu.be/GhOVUl1OzSs?t=1m35s

[spoil]Thoros was a man without faith going through the motions and only said the "old words" out of desperation to save his fallen friend and it worked. Mel certainly knows what words he means as both being a priest and priestess of that faith. She now is armed with the knowledge of what to do.[/spoil]

[spoil] The fact that Melisandre went back to the wall suddenly also adds to that theory a lot. Man I hope he finishes the next book this year. [/spoil]

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Started this last night:

6463967.jpg

Heard a bunch of good things about it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Definitely Fallout, Uncharted and Tomb Raider. Will check out Doom too since I am old enough to have played the original when it came out. :laugh:

If Sony would make the dam PS4 backwards compatible I would buy one. Until then I am going to stick to PC gaming for a bit and then PS3. It will probably take a new Last of Us to get me to get a PS4.

PS4 will never be backwards compatible. They already rolled out the PSNow service where you have to pay $20 a month to stream old games.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing is if he shows up anywhere filming people will know I think.

[spoil] it has already begun. Kit was spotted with other members of the cast in Belfast which is where they shoot the north and wall stuff. Production begins soon. Now it's possible he is just filming his burial like Dance did this season but...ya maybe not. [/spoil]

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
PS4 will never be backwards compatible. They already rolled out the PSNow service where you have to pay $20 a month to stream old games.

Yep - which is why they have probably lost this once Sony lifer. The blatant money grab and sticking it to the loyal customers is really annoying. I have a backwards compatible PS3, my original broke after a year and they made me pay to continue to get a backwards compatible model. Compare that to a year or two earlier when my several years old PS2 broke and they repaired it for free. The attitude shift to the consumers went from thank you for being a customer to give me your money. I'm not a microsoft fan but I am more than likely making my next console an Xbox one unless Sony's policies change before I purchase one.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yep - which is why they have probably lost this once Sony lifer. The blatant money grab and sticking it to the loyal customers is really annoying. I have a backwards compatible PS3, my original broke after a year and they made me pay to continue to get a backwards compatible model. Compare that to a year or two earlier when my several years old PS2 broke and they repaired it for free. The attitude shift to the consumers went from thank you for being a customer to give me your money. I'm not a microsoft fan but I am more than likely making my next console an Xbox one unless Sony's policies change before I purchase one.

Honestly I would just buy a PS3 and not worry about backwards compatibility. Once this goes into effect for Xbox, wait til you see the people complaining about having ZERO hard drive space. New games use up about 20-40 and up gigs per install... Now, every 360 game will have to partially install to the system as well to be played. I have the 500 gig XboxOne and with 10 games, my hard drive us 83% used. Uninstalling and installing is a pain because the game installs and update installs take so long even on a perfect internet connection like I have.

Buy/Keep a PS3, buy the games for cheap, and just keep playing on that system.

I wouldn't want you to swear off PS4 because of this. I have both new systems and PS4 has better graphics, better exclusive games, and (my opinion) better controllers.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Honestly I would just buy a PS3 and not worry about backwards compatibility. Once this goes into effect for Xbox, wait til you see the people complaining about having ZERO hard drive space. New games use up about 20-40 and up gigs per install... Now, every 360 game will have to partially install to the system as well to be played. I have the 500 gig XboxOne and with 10 games, my hard drive us 83% used. Uninstalling and installing is a pain because the game installs and update installs take so long even on a perfect internet connection like I have.

Buy/Keep a PS3, buy the games for cheap, and just keep playing on that system.

I wouldn't want you to swear off PS4 because of this. I have both new systems and PS4 has better graphics, better exclusive games, and (my opinion) better controllers.

You mean PS4 is better than Xbox one? Ok good to know.

For the PS3 I keep a 250G back up drive attached so I can shift stuff around as I need to. The hard drive issue was already there on the PS3 and they really didn't do anything to address it on the PS4.

I am keeping the PS3 but I don't want to have to keep multiple consoles hooked up to my TV for years and Sony hasn't done anything to say to me hey upgrade to the PS4. There aren't a ton of games yet and the 50 plus game library I have of previous PS games over the years won't play on it. There is nothing in their message that says hey thanks loyal customer you should get a new one and here is why. And alas my kids are playing the old games way more than I am getting to play anything new. :laugh:

GhostofKenKlee

Isn't Sony launching a prime/netflix like service with exclusive shows for the PS4? Some sound interesting....

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Isn't Sony launching a prime/netflix like service with exclusive shows for the PS4? Some sound interesting....

It's called Sony Vue and I know Powers based on a comic is one of their originals. It could have potential and I am all for more cord cutting options but right now I don't see anything really compelling in the info I have seen on it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think I've watched the Battlefront videos from E3 about five times already. I'm gonna finally have to take the plunge and get a PS4 or Xbone. I've been a Playstation guy since the original console came out, but I've been thinking about going the Xbox route this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad