OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Thanks! Wanted to mention that the Flash trailer came out. Special effects look great for a tv show.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yup just found it. You are ahead in this stuff!:laugh:

4 years on this site and I still don't know how to post videos, otherwise I'd share this kinda stuff with you guys and gals. I'm almost always on my phone as well, so that would hamper me as well.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Summer movie recap so far...

Captain America 2 - 9 out of 10
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 5 out of 10

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
220px-Prisoners2013Poster.jpg

Great movie. Slow paced to let the viewer feel the anguish and torment from all angles. 2 hours 40 minutes to boot so this is no thrill ride - be warned. Loved the ending too which is rare for me given it's style.

If you liked True Detective, you'll probably love this. Shares several of the same elements but with a more subtle symbolism.

Last edited:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Seeing Godzilla tomorrow, will let you all know my thoughts!!! I am quite hyped.

Lol you have been talking about this film for a while. With all this anticipation the letdown might cause some withdrawal effects. But hope the movie is great because they spent a lot of money advertising. Who knows, Godzilla might only be shown for 10 minutes.:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lol you have been talking about this film for a while. With all this anticipation the letdown might cause some withdrawal effects. But hope the movie is great because they spent a lot of money advertising. Who knows, Godzilla might only be shown for 10 minutes.:laugh:

I will happily admit I caught a marathon on chiller last night. Godzilla vs megagerious and Godzilla giant monsters all out attack.

Millennium series which are fun but would of liked a classic thrown in there.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Agreed on Prisoners, RG. It was much better than I was expecting. And it definitely had a similar feel as True Detective.

Speaking of TD, I binge watched it and absolutely loved it. What's the deal with that show for next season? I heard something like it was going to be a similar show but with a different storyline, characters, and all.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Agreed on Prisoners, RG. It was much better than I was expecting. And it definitely had a similar feel as True Detective.

Speaking of TD, I binge watched it and absolutely loved it. What's the deal with that show for next season? I heard something like it was going to be a similar show but with a different storyline, characters, and all.

Brad Pitt is looking like the favorite to take on a part for season 2. New detectives, new location, new case.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/true-detec...ives-green-light-hbos-hit-drama-series-600228

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Godzilla. To see or not?

It was ****ing amazing.

Don't expect a silly Pacific Rim-style battle royale. The first 2/3s of the movie is a pure build, I mean they tease it so many god damn times you'll probably get frustrated (the airport scene will give you blue balls). But the payoff at the end is worth it.

They not only did a phenomenal job making a classic Godzilla film that will satisfy fans but pretty much established the entire giant monster genre as a credible one at the same time.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It was ****ing amazing.

Don't expect a silly Pacific Ri-style battle royale. The first 2/3s of the movie is a pure build, I mean they tease it so many god damn times you'll probably get frustrated (the airport scene will give you blue balls). But the payoff at the end is worth it.

They not only did a phenomenal job making a classic Godzilla film that will satisfy fans but pretty much established the entire giant monster genre as a credible one at the same time.

Going to post a long write up since I've been so hyped, but ya you nailed it must easier then I did. Definitely gives you blue balls, and I think that will be a sticking point between those that love it and those that don't. It comes close to teasing to much, but it pays off at the right time AND SO WELL that I think you see that less is more was right.

Also while the human story wasn't anything award winning. It was serviceable as the vehicle of what we are all really here to see (Big G). You care just enough, but it also never gets in the way I felt. Something that can happen in these movies (oh god Transformers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->