OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I fell out of it ~2005 or so. The brand split was tough since they basically said you need to follow two shows to keep up with everything. As an adult, I could maybe set aside one night to watch as a guilty pleasure but two nights was a bit much. Mix in a good chunk of the main eventers leaving around that time as well.

It's kinda funny, you could almost correlate the talent to that of a sports team. That post-Attitude era was a bit of a rebuilding period. To his credit, HHH did a good job in establishing NXT which is working as a farm team for the big club. Most of the young guys have a running start now when they get promoted.

I got back into it within the last three years or so. DVR helps so much now. You can zoom through a three hour Raw in 30 minutes or less. Smackdown has been relegated to a B show.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I have an on again, off again relationship with wrestling. I was really into during the Monday Night War era (I was a WCW guy, mostly because of Sting and Goldberg), then switched off for a long time before getting back into it the last few years again. I usually fast forward through much of RAW and Smackdown and then catch the PPVs on the network.

The frustrating part is they've got enough talent on the roster to put together a really good product, but it's really just inconsistent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad