OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Unfortunately I don't have 32 minutes before I have to leave for work to listen to and rate the song, but I do like The Mars Volta.

I can't really say which Modest Mouse song is my favorite, but this is one of my favorites:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So Stranger Things 2, Wow Mike is crazy about 11. like wear her skin after a break up crazy. Da f*** man you knew her for like 2 months.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
CoD is awful.

I really need to get a Switch though

I'm still playing BotW. Cannot wait to play Odyssey.

Splatoon 2 and MK8 are gravy.

The switch makes me feel like a 10 year old again. Zelda brings back the same feeling I had playing Metal Gear Solid and Zelda: OoT.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Just finished Stranger Things 2 the other night. I liked it much more than season 1, though I was not a fan of eleven and mike AT ALL this season.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Is anyone getting CoD tomorrow?

I bought it today and I'm about halfway through the campaign. Haven't even touched multiplayer yet. I think the last CoD game I bought before this was the first Black Ops. I thought I'd try this one because I like the stuff set in WWII better (except Modern Warfare which I loved). So far I'm enjoying it. Until I go online and get slaughtered by a trash talking 10 year old, then I'll probably want to destroy something.:laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The Newsroom is just so good. Binge watching it.

My fiancee and I watched that last year, it was pretty good. Occasionally the show disappeared up its own ass for a few episodes, but that seems standard with Aaron Sorkin.

We've been watching Mad Men lately, and we're liking that. Probably catch up on The Americans after that.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Puff Daddy/Diddy is now insisting he be call "Brother Love" from here on in the most mind numbing entertainment news piece of 2017

The name change is meaningless without the red face paint and white, silk suits tho

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Puff Daddy/Diddy is now insisting he be call "Brother Love" from here on in the most mind numbing entertainment news piece of 2017

The name change is meaningless without the red face paint and white, silk suits tho
th

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did everyone bail on the Walking Dead after that putrid 7th season?

I have to say, it's been a hell of a start to this season. Almost making up for some of the awfulness and filler/bottle episodes of last season.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Did everyone bail on the Walking Dead after that putrid 7th season?

I have to say, it's been a hell of a start to this season. Almost making up for some of the awfulness and filler/bottle episodes of last season.
I stopped after the BS Negan Cliffhanger.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I stopped after the BS Negan Cliffhanger.
I agree it was stupid. I would have been happier if they showed the Abraham kill in the season 6 finale, then left the Glen kill as the cliffhanger. They really needed to show one of the killings in the season 6 finale, rather than a 6.5 month cliffhanger.

Last season was dreadful. I prefer every season so far of Fear The Walking Dead to season 7 of the original series. That's not a knock on Fear The Walking Dead, as it actually is better than it's given credit for, but the last season of the original series was brutal. The premiere and the finale were really good, as were the mid-season finale and maybe 2 other episodes. Every other episode were some of the worst 10 or 11 episodes of the series, outside of maybe that stupid Beth and Daryl episode, which is the consensus for worst episode of the series, and maybe a couple assorted clunkers throughout the first 6 seasons.

This season is off to a pretty redeeming start, but they did make one pretty pointless and goofy decision.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I agree it was stupid. I would have been happier if they showed the Abraham kill in the season 6 finale, then left the Glen kill as the cliffhanger. They really needed to show one of the killings in the season 6 finale, rather than a 6.5 month cliffhanger.

Last season was dreadful. I prefer every season so far of Fear The Walking Dead to season 7 of the original series. That's not a knock on Fear The Walking Dead, as it actually is better than it's given credit for, but the last season of the original series was brutal. The premiere and the finale were really good, as were the mid-season finale and maybe 2 other episodes. Every other episode were some of the worst 10 or 11 episodes of the series, outside of maybe that stupid Beth and Daryl episode, which is the consensus for worst episode of the series, and maybe a couple assorted clunkers throughout the first 6 seasons.

This season is off to a pretty redeeming start, but they did make one pretty pointless and goofy decision.

I’m an episode behind on Walking but Fear redeemed itself for me. 1st season was ok but then I begrudgingly finished season 2 and was done with the show. They ended up getting rid of a few of the characters I didn’t like so I gave the season 3 premier a shot and I really enjoyed the whole thing.

The opening to this season of Walking and Negan literally being right there and no one fires just really frustrated me. Lazy writing like that is something I don’t get over easy but I’m still sticking with it as All Out War was great in the comics (I never finished it though).

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Anyone watch Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency? I watched the first two episodes last night and it has me wondering what the the hell is going on, but in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad