OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Chester Bennington killed himself today, which was Chris Cornells birthday. Really crazy news especially after his performance of their new song one more light on Kimmel after Cornell passed is such a contradiction now

https://youtu.be/CgwL14IDDJY

You would think that being that close to Cornell he would have seen what it did to Cornells wife and kids too which makes this even more nuts. Chester had 6 kids, just horrendous.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Chester Bennington killed himself today, which was Chris Cornells birthday. Really crazy news especially after his performance of their new song one more light on Kimmel after Cornell passed is such a contradiction now

https://youtu.be/CgwL14IDDJY

You would think that being that close to Cornell he would have seen what it did to Cornells wife and kids too which makes this even more nuts. Chester had 6 kids, just horrendous.

When your brain reaches that point, you are no longer in control. Especially in cases of hanging, it is VERY telling. Humans in sound mind are incapable of doing that.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
When your brain reaches that point, you are no longer in control. Especially in cases of hanging, it is VERY telling. Humans in sound mind are incapable of doing that.

Absolutely agree just really sad that he couldn't find the help he needed, just saying I would have hoped seeing what happen with Chris Cornell and how it affected his family it would have made him try to get the help he needed. It clearly had the opposite affect though. Just a shame, especially for his wife and kids.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A friend of mine got me into this Everwing facebook game. It's kinda fun, but it made me miss the Touhou games. So I started playing Touhou 6 (EoSD) again. Good Lord is it difficult. Man do I still suck at it. It's fun, but mind numbingly difficult.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
A friend of mine got me into this Everwing facebook game. It's kinda fun, but it made me miss the Touhou games. So I started playing Touhou 6 (EoSD) again. Good Lord is it difficult. Man do I still suck at it. It's fun, but mind numbingly difficult.

Oh no. I don't think I'd ever here of Touhou being spoken on here. Those games are so hard :shakehead

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oh no. I don't think I'd ever here of Touhou being spoken on here. Those games are so hard :shakehead

My eyes feel like they are going to explode every time I play it. Honestly the games are beautiful to watch someone play, but to be the person playing is intense.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I do love the music from the games. Japan has such high quality remixes and such from the source music.

Absolutely. It's pretty remarkable that it's all pretty much just Zun doing everything for these games. His music is really good. Character drawing? He still needs work there :laugh:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Picked up Fortnite the other day, really enjoying it so far. So many different aspects from different games mashed into one but it's done really well.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
After finding Bravely Default I decided to start playing again. I lost the game around the vestment cave going to battle the dragon for the Rainbow thread. In any case, I just started a new game. I forgot how great this game is. I'm glad I found it. It's challenging, but fair for a casual gamer like myself, and somehow the story and characters have me really hooked. It's odd because the characters and plot aren't necessarily that innovative, but it's just really well done.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm glad I resisted the temptation to check out the leaked episode early. It looked way better in HD on my TV than it would have on my computer or phone.

[Spoil]I was so torn at the end. I like Jaime and Bronn, but then they were fighting the "good guys". I was worried Bronn was going to make me hate him by killing Drogon[/Spoil]

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That bit with Arya was pretty cool. That bit with her and Brienne wasnt needed, but it was cool regardless haha.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
That bit with Arya was pretty cool. That bit with her and Brienne wasnt needed, but it was cool regardless haha.

It was needed just to make Sansa realize that the Arya she knew is long gone and that she really is a murderer/assassin. Even though a lot of her family is back, she is still alone.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Anyone watch Preacher? I like the show but man am i sick and tried of Tulip stories. I want to see more of Cass, Dennis and Jessie

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Anyone watch Preacher? I like the show but man am i sick and tried of Tulip stories. I want to see more of Cass, Dennis and Jessie

Yeah I really like it (see my avy), surprised I haven't seen anyone on here talking about it. Took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on cause it's so out there.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Yeah I really like it (see my avy), surprised I haven't seen anyone on here talking about it. Took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on cause it's so out there.

The way JK3 described it is why I didn't get past 15 minutes. Just didn't care for the vibe or feel of the show and I'm typically the type to guy through 3 episodes to give a new show a chance. Preachers feel reminded me very much of Legion in which I felt pretty much the same way.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
After I checked out some of the comics (amazing artwork especially the covers) and looked up some of the characters on Wiki I finally figured out what the deal was. That first episode was pretty confusing, a bit weird to put it on the viewers to research the show but it definitely got me more into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad