OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It would be pretty amazing if they went full on governor with Madison and essentially this whole show we are watching is her journey to being the "villian" as you say.
There's a theory that Madison should become Alpha from the whisperers in the original series, which would probably be after the Negan story arc ends. So I'm guessing we'll see that character in season 9 of the original series.

I don't think there's any legitimacy to her actually portraying this character, just fans of the show hoping for it.

I would really like to see the shows tie in somehow.

Fear is approximately two years behind where the Walking Dead is right now, as far as time goes. Since it's only been like 700 days or something since the apocalypse started in the original series and just a couple months into it one Fear, if even that.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
There's a theory that Madison should become Alpha from the whisperers in the original series, which would probably be after the Negan story arc ends. So I'm guessing we'll see that character in season 9 of the original series.

I don't think there's any legitimacy to her actually portraying this character, just fans of the show hoping for it.

I would really like to see the shows tie in somehow.

Fear is approximately two years behind where the Walking Dead is right now, as far as time goes. Since it's only been like 700 days or something since the apocalypse started in the original series and just a couple months into it one Fear, if even that.

That would be great but those fan theory's are almost always wrong :laugh:

I hope they tie the two shows in as well, even if that means showing Fear still through the eyes of wherever Madison and her group are. For some reason I've been thinking that they are well past a few months into the apocalypse, but you are probably right. Funny how quickly things have broken down but that's probably not far from the truth of what would really happen.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
George A Romero died.

I was just watching this yesterday (posted yesterday) where he was essentially saying that The Walking Dead put him out of business and that he can't even get financed to make new movies anymore. So it's weird that he died today. Says it was lung cancer, so I'm assuming it wasn't sudden and that he had been ill for a while.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That would be great but those fan theory's are almost always wrong :laugh:

I hope they tie the two shows in as well, even if that means showing Fear still through the eyes of wherever Madison and her group are. For some reason I've been thinking that they are well past a few months into the apocalypse, but you are probably right. Funny how quickly things have broken down but that's probably not far from the truth of what would really happen.

I would like them to tie in and make Fear an official spin-off show. Even if they're not the Whisperers.

Some Walking Dead fans still can't get over the fact that we don't know the fate of the character Morales from season 1. He's gained a cult like following and people want him to either be brought back in the original series or somehow brought into Fear.

Fear has the character, who Madison confiscated his knife at school right before the apocalypse. The boy who seemed to believe the outbreak was about to happen and then Madison gave him his knife back after the principal (I think?) turned. I watch this guy's channel and he's bombarded with comments about Morales sometimes and the boy (Tobias I think is his name?) from Fear.:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Trevschan2

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Just watched Netflix's 4-episode season of "Castlevania", I liked it, and Alucard :P.
I've only played two of the many games in the series, so I'm not exactly educated on how well the show followed the game, but the background history provided in episode one was interesting.

The whole God vs. Science thing seemed a tad overplayed though.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
You people?

What do you mean YOU people?

d12b29a084c245ff9f1b3b41f5c53512355cce6d508d14fab6fe68281309f5e9.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I really don't watch many TV series, especially the big name ones.

I watched a few seasons of Walking Dead, too many, it's not very good. Started watching the end of season 3/beginning of season 4. Tried to stay with it but couldn't, it was just so slow and nothing was happening. Watched the Neegan season premiere, which was awesome, but have had no desire to go back and continue.

I saw a few episodes of Breaking Bad, my buddy had it on in the background during an AMC marathon while we were playing poker one night. Seemed quite good but for some reason don't feel compelled to watch more.

Never seen The Wire, Mad Men, The Sopranos, or any of those other shows.

I don't know, I'm not a fan of big dramatic shows that take themselves so seriously. I used to watch silly stuff like Psych back in the day but these huge budget shows they have now are such a time investment.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail

I watched a few seasons of Walking Dead, too many, it's not very good. Started watching the end of season 3/beginning of season 4. Tried to stay with it but couldn't, it was just so slow and nothing was happening. Watched the Neegan season premiere, which was awesome, but have had no desire to go back and continue.

I saw a few episodes of Breaking Bad, my buddy had it on in the background during an AMC marathon while we were playing poker one night. Seemed quite good but for some reason don't feel compelled to watch more.

I don't know, I'm not a fan of big dramatic shows that take themselves so seriously. I used to watch silly stuff like Psych back in the day but these huge budget shows they have now are such a time investment.

Same here, call me counter-culture but I loathe the idea of being a sheep and watching what everyone else does.
I have this fantastical idea of shows coming to me in this sort of romantic encounter that speaks to me on an existential level.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Same here, call me counter-culture but I loathe the idea of being a sheep and watching what everyone else does.
I have this fantastical idea of shows coming to me in this sort of romantic encounter that speaks to me on an existential level.

See and I'm the same way as you guys but just with everyday things in life, like clothes and haircuts. I refuse to do the trendy thing because I don't want to be a sheep and lead down a path.

I watch Walking Dead but it's one of the only few shows I watch anymore. Last year I actually went through my DVD and deleted anything I didn't truly watch uninterrupted.

I haven't seen Mad Men or the Wire. I tried one episode of the wire a few years ago but it felt so dated, I just couldn't. Sopranos is up there with Gane of Thrones.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I rarely watch anything live anymore. Binge and forget until i see that sexy "New Episodes" tag. Was into Into the Badlands but episode 5 of season 2 never showed up on demand so i stopped watching. Liking Preacher right now though. I'm sure when Chris Hardwick starts a Preaching Preacher show i'll be long over it.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
See and I'm the same way as you guys but just with everyday things in life, like clothes and haircuts. I refuse to do the trendy thing because I don't want to be a sheep and lead down a path.

I watch Walking Dead but it's one of the only few shows I watch anymore. Last year I actually went through my DVD and deleted anything I didn't truly watch uninterrupted.

I haven't seen Mad Men or the Wire. I tried one episode of the wire a few years ago but it felt so dated, I just couldn't. Sopranos is up there with Gane of Thrones.

Good, the more anti-sheeps the better! Just don't grow a Mohawk and mullet at the same time :P.

But the truth is... between college, work, guitar, and volunteering/activities with friends, I just don't have time for TV like I used to :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad