Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
It will be interesting to see how McDavid develops his shot from the outside. Eichel already is an elite sniper (check out his beauty of an OT winner vs Slovakia).

I get the feeling this will be a Crosby type player vs Jagr type player. One dominates a bit more with quickness and vision, the other with physical tools and a powerful shot.

This will be a big weakness hell need to address. Mcdavid is very good at getting around defenders, but his shot isnt used as a strength. Not sure if its because hes so good he can walk around them and doesnt need to shoot from outside, or the shot is average

Either way, in the NHL hell be required to use the shot more. Or defenders will back off and give him space on zone entries knowing he wont use the shot. Once he gets a good shot, itll increase his goals, but also require D to play him tighter and allow him to deke around them

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
You're banking on the ideal case in all of your assessments. That never happens, and certainly won't this time. Your D is bad and help is still a ways off.

You're counting on rookies, bums, and poorly developed players to all have an epiphany next year. It simply won't happen.

Theres a certain level of irony with that statement coming from a Sabres fan

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I don't see the relevance of the Sabres unless he is saying the Sabres will be a better team next season. Either way the Sabres only have one possible rookie on defense, Jake McCabe, and he's not likely to make the team.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010

None at all. There might be if you thought that I was comparing them to the Sabres (and you misunderstand the meaning of irony), but I didn't in any of my posts.

McDavid is not a perimeter player like Eichel, hence he won't need a great long range shot.

Ahh, friend, now the cat is out of the bag. If you think Eichel is a perimeter player, then you've just admitted you've never seen him play.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I would say eichel is not a perimeter player at all. His size will be a great help in the nhl

Agreed but there are certain posters who act like McDavid needs to score goals like Eichel's OT goal to be elite in the NHL. He doesn't, he doesn't even need to shoot at all, he'll instead just pass to a teammate who has a wide open net.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Agreed but there are certain posters who act like McDavid needs to score goals like Eichel's OT goal to be elite in the NHL. He doesn't, he doesn't even need to shoot at all, he'll instead just pass to a teammate who has a wide open net.

Wait. You just said above that Eichel is a perimeter player. Are you backing off that now or just pretending you didn't say it?

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
McDavid is not a perimeter player like Eichel, hence he won't need a great long range shot.

This is actually a really great point considering the world championship tourney is being played in PRAGUE by a bunch of SOFT EUROPEANS. *DON CHERRY THUMBS UP* Eichel is making himself look good by floating around against a bunch of SOFT EUROS. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. Eichel has been exposed, clearly, by this tournament. Good thing you are here to point it out.

Meanwhile, it is definitely plausible that McDavid will never need to shoot in the NHL. Few guys of his skill level ever shoot the puck, of course.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yes, yes he easily is.

No, no he isn't. McDavid will be lucky to average more then 5 points a season more then Eichel. McDavid is worth maybe #21 more then Eichel.

Can't wait for next season to start and watch Eichel quiet all the McDavid fanboys and Sabre/Eichel haters. Eichel is faster,much stronger, has the complete nhl frame and has the elite shot which is better then McDavids. That right there proves there isn't a gap at all between the two. McDavid is better. Virtually every Sabre fan admits that. But the gap is virtually non existent. In 5 years these two will be the two best players in the league since Sid, Ovy and Malkin will be in their mid 30s. McDavid will put up 110 points while Eichel will be a 100 point scorer. Like I said, this draft is identical to 04 when it comes to the first two picks. McDavid and Eichel = Ovechkin and Malkin. Just admit Eichel is nearly just as good and is just as worthy generational talent as McDavid is and stop trying to hate on Eichel.

Optreeter

Mar 15, 2009
While the gap is very small between Eichel & McDavid, I still say McDavid could "easily" be worth Eichel & Girgensons. Not necessarily because he is worth more on the ice, but he is potentially invaluable to a teams market. Eichel could very well become the better player, but right now McDavid is the more exciting player to watch, he is Canadian, & has all the hype & the media going for him.

Jun 22, 2009
No, no he isn't. McDavid will be lucky to average more then 5 points a season more then Eichel. McDavid is worth maybe #21 more then Eichel.

Can't wait for next season to start and watch Eichel quiet all the McDavid fanboys and Sabre/Eichel haters. Eichel is faster,much stronger, has the complete nhl frame and has the elite shot which is better then McDavids. That right there proves there isn't a gap at all between the two. McDavid is better. Virtually every Sabre fan admits that. But the gap is virtually non existent. In 5 years these two will be the two best players in the league since Sid, Ovy and Malkin will be in their mid 30s. McDavid will put up 110 points while Eichel will be a 100 point scorer. Like I said, this draft is identical to 04 when it comes to the first two picks. McDavid and Eichel = Ovechkin and Malkin. Just admit Eichel is nearly just as good and is just as worthy generational talent as McDavid is and stop trying to hate on Eichel.

don't be ridiculous and say Eichels faster then Mcdavid. That's not even close to being true. Eichels really fast, but Mcdavid is the best skater I've ever seen at his age. Eichel is really special, and I do believe some years he'll even outperform Mcdavid, but there's no way, after their careers there will even be a question as to who had a better career.

dwanmaster*

don't be ridiculous and say Eichels faster then Mcdavid. That's not even close to being true. Eichels really fast, but Mcdavid is the best skater I've ever seen at his age. Eichel is really special, and I do believe some years he'll even outperform Mcdavid, but there's no way, after their careers there will even be a question as to who had a better career.

Yeah you're right, one is getting drafted by the Oilers

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006

Lol, you need to stop posting in this thread.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
So McDavid predicted the Otters will come back from a 3-1 series deficit against Oshawa and win. Guaranteed it lol. Yeah I don't see that happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad