Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
That said, Mcdavid, Hall and Eberle could be the most lethal line in hockey.

Everyone knows how good McDavid is, but how good is he going to be playing with guys who can keep up?

Going to be very interesting seeing him on lines with the best players he's ever played with.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Everyone knows how good McDavid is, but how good is he going to be playing with guys who can keep up?

Going to be very interesting seeing him on lines with the best players he's ever played with.

Hall has the speed to but i think Eberle stays with RNH

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
:laugh: you are right it's even smaller. Eichel is playing at an elite level against NHL PLAYERS. I know you are a Sabre/Eichel hater but get used to Eichel dominating. So glad we got the American superstar. Eichel will win Hart, Art Ross, conn Smythe when he hangs them up and not just one he will win multiples.Can't wait til opening day.

Only Almost all Canadian posters, Sabre/Eichel haters think there is much of a gap AT ALL. McDavid will average less then 5 points a season more. At this point I wouldn't give much to trade spots . Maybe #21. And to be honest I'll just keep Eichel.

On this poll you said it would take Hall+Eichel++ to get McDavid. Funny how much you've flip flopped/ http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1819271

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I honestly don't think the drop off from McDavid to Eichel is that much

It isn't, at all. McDavid vs Eichel is the same exact scenario as the 04 draft. Ovechkin vs Malkin. Both players are elite superstar talents and will win multiple trophies when it's all said and done. Again, I wouldn't trade more then #21 to move up to #1. And no chance in hell would I give up Ristolainen or Reinhart or Girgensons to move up.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
It isn't, at all. McDavid vs Eichel is the same exact scenario as the 04 draft. Ovechkin vs Malkin. Both players are elite superstar talents and will win multiple trophies when it's all said and done. Again, I wouldn't trade more then #21 to move up to #1. And no chance in hell would I give up Ristolainen or Reinhart or Girgensons to move up.

If the Oilers offered you Mc David for Eichel and Girgensons , Chia would be fired and become notorious for having the the shortest GM reign in history.

I think you Sabres fans are 'spinning' in hindsight and if you won Mc David would be singing a totally different tune.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If the Oilers offered you Mc David for Eichel and Girgensons , Chia would be fired and become notorious for having the the shortest GM reign in history.

I think you Sabres fans are 'spinning' in hindsight and if you won Mc David would be singing a totally different tune.

You're crazy. No way in hell Murray says yes to that deal.. Girgensons is our 2nd best player.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I honestly don't think the drop off from McDavid to Eichel is that much

As an Oiler fan, I agree. I said on Draft Lottery day that there were 2 huge winners - Edmonton and Buffalo. Buffalo won the lottery the moment they clinched 30th.
I still like McDavid more, he's just so unbelievable, but the drop off to Eichel isn't a big drop off. It's like Ovechkin/Malkin all over again.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

No they aren't. AZ and Buffalo fans were saying for weeks we would be happy with either. Buffalo fans are genuinely psyched about Eichel and I agree 100% I'd trade a late first at most to move up to 1. There is simply not enough of a difference between the two to give up much of anything.

Eichel is better at quite a few things than McDavid.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
As an Oiler fan, I agree. I said on Draft Lottery day that there were 2 huge winners - Edmonton and Buffalo. Buffalo won the lottery the moment they clinched 30th.
I still like McDavid more, he's just so unbelievable, but the drop off to Eichel isn't a big drop off. It's like Ovechkin/Malkin all over again.

I think you would find most Sabres fans agreeing with you on this. We are quite happy to get Eichel, and we pretty much said the same thing before the lottery. Sabres fans knew they only had a 20% chance at McDavid.

Bps21*

If you think buffalo fans are "spinning" losing the lottery you should feel free to check out the literal last 18 months of posts saying the same exact thing they are saying now.

The funniest part of the whole thing is that I don't think any fanbase was less upset after the lottery than Buffalo was. We watched them both for over a year...closer and more than anyone. We were cool with either and thrilled to get that done. Every other fan lost their minds about edmonton getting yet another top pick. We laughed it off. For a reason.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If you think buffalo fans are "spinning" losing the lottery you should feel free to check out the literal last 18 months of posts saying the same exact thing they are saying now.

The funniest part of the whole thing is that I don't think any fanbase was less upset after the lottery than Buffalo was. We watched them both for over a year...closer and more than anyone. We were cool with either and thrilled to get that done. Every other fan lost their minds about edmonton getting yet another top pick. We laughed it off. For a reason.

Personally I think I spent more time disappointed Edmonton won the lottery than I had been for not getting McDavid.

Sure it stunk for those 10 seconds, but then I remembered Jack and all was good.

However, there was a large number of Sabres fans who were upset about losing the lottery. They knew next to nothing about Eichel because they don't want to do research on player that seems most of the posters on here do. I knew a lot of them, and told them we'll be okay. Eichel will be a great player. Showed them clips of him and settled them right down.

I think sometimes, because we fans on these boards tell ourselves that we represent the majority of fans for our teams. But I can assure you we are a small pocket of fans. Sure, we have large numbers on here, but it's a small percentage of total hockey fans.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Personally I think I spent more time disappointed Edmonton won the lottery than I had been for not getting McDavid.

Sure it stunk for those 10 seconds, but then I remembered Jack and all was good.

However, there was a large number of Sabres fans who were upset about losing the lottery. They knew next to nothing about Eichel because they don't want to do research on player that seems most of the posters on here do. I knew a lot of them, and told them we'll be okay. Eichel will be a great player. Showed them clips of him and settled them right down.

I think sometimes, because we fans on these boards tell ourselves that we represent the majority of fans for our teams. But I can assure you we are a small pocket of fans. Sure, we have large numbers on here, but it's a small percentage of total hockey fans.

Yes, upset at losing the lottery and the chance to draft McDavid who was a local player and considered slighly better than Jack Eichel. Most fans were thrilled that worst case we got Jack. Personally, if the Oilers shocked the world and drafted Eichel over McDavid I would be very dissapointed. Watching McDavid at the WJC and now Eichel at the Worlds..... I feel Eichel's game more fits the NHL style.

Obiwan Eberle

Apr 11, 2013
Your momma's house
I'd personally say the comparison of

Crosby Vs Seguin works

MCD is generational. My personal opinion is Eichel will be very very good, and may end up with more points in some seasons, he just won't be at the same level.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think it will become Crosby vs best of Tavares/Malkin/Ovy (whomever people think is the best)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its amazing how fast peoples opinions change.

"McDavid is a generational player"

Oilers win lottery.

"McDavid will bust"

It's amazing how exaggerating the comments of one single person becomes some commentary on "people". Everyone on our board knows that poster is prone to swings of extremes, but where does he say McDavid will bust? He said "McDavid will average less than 5 points a season more" than Eichel. He went from thinking McDavid was better than Eichel to thinking McDavid is only slightly better than Eichel.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Not like Hall is anything good. RNH is turning into a beast too

And what about Yakupov? Say what you want about Hall and RNH but they are not where people thought they would be by this time in their careers. Hall took a huge step back this year, only scoring at a 58 point pace. RNH still hasn't even surpassed 60 points, and has been outplayed by a 4th round pick from the same draft year. Then you have the fact Yakupov has struggled tremendously.

So yea, not the best reputation when it comes to developing 1st overall picks, a reputation that has definitely been earned.

dwanmaster*

And what about Yakupov? Say what you want about Hall and RNH but they are not where people thought they would be by this time in their careers. Hall took a huge step back this year, only scoring at a 58 point pace. RNH still hasn't even surpassed 60 points, and has been outplayed by a 4th round pick from the same draft year. Then you have the fact Yakupov has struggled tremendously.

So yea, not the best reputation when it comes to developing 1st overall picks, a reputation that has definitely been earned.

Plus they are all injury prone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad