Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
And with that said Nathan MacKinnon odds for the Hart are better but we shall see what happens. Wasn't expecting them to make the playoffs to start the season.
He shouldn't win the Hart. Only reason they made it is because the Blues were even worse down the stretch.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I just want to say MULTIPLE Avs fans laughed at me when Ineaidnguve Bednar another year he's a great coach and #2 I know one guy named like stay home something and maybe a guy named like JoeAvs they kept telling me that if we traded for Duchene and I was saying swap 1sts with CBJ they kept talking about there is 0 chance their pick is out of the top 5 and their pick is closer to 1st then where the cb pick and just constantly mocking me for saying they might pick in the teens this season. In your face Avs fans.

Bednar is a great f***ing coach he just needed a season to get his system fully implemented.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Liked what he did this year but it's definitely Gallant
I think it's 50/50 either way. George McPhee should get a lot of credit for putting together a roster better than most people thought. The Avs weren't all that different from last year's roster... to do what Bednar did with it is pretty damn impressive. Granted MacKinnon had a lot to do with it too.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I will say I love what Bednar did this year and was wrong about him. His consistency in deploying the 1st and 3rd lines and letting them develop chemistry is a big part of why they’re playoff bound.

I’m not sure anyone realizes it but Avs fans, but it can’t be overstated how good the Nieto-Soderberg-Comeau line was this season. The stats won’t show it, but those guys came in fighting for their NHL jobs and are now a prototypical playoff 3rd line.

Reactions: cgf

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Did you see the last 6 or so games each of them played?

Avs had a 95 point season. In the cap era it's taken on average 93.5 points to make it in as the 8th team in the Western Conference. The argument that Avs somehow are undeserving doesn't make much sense.

Avs weren't the best team in the league when they had a ten game winning streak. Avs aren't a terrible team just because they had a rough California road trip down the stretch.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Will Colorado descend back to the bottom of their division next year? Quite likely.

But this isn't the time to have sour grapes over the failures of your own team and negate someone else. Looking at you, Calgary fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad