Confirmed with Link: Condon signs 3-year extension (AAV 2.4M)

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Hammond buyout would cost 350K this year and 500K next year on the cap.

Saves $500K in cash. Gotta think this is happening for sure.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Condon burrows and pyatt. All "it's just one contract not gonna cause any issues". Yo that's 6 million dollars spent on a back up golie and two 4th liners that will produce veeeeeeeery little.

Burrows 10-15 goals, 25-40 points. Pyatt 7-10 goals, 20-25 points. Both pk'ers and very smart players. Condon 30-40 starts as a 1B, 915 sv%. Andy seems to miss a good chunk every year.

Seems ok to me.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is a huge signing, we have one of the best goalteniding tandems in the NHL. Great asset management too, Condon is better then Lehner and the entire move by Dorion ot get him was a steal trade Ottawa needed. We needed to get a player that had a huge impact for nothing, the franchise needed it and as a GM it shows Dorion's intelligence and the strength of his staff.

Great signing, Condon will continue to grow and become a Reimer type of starter worst case and best case he becomes a starter like Andy and just continues improving to be a true #1.

at that rate and with his experience and he's proven he can handle a load of games if we find another goalie he can always be flipped and traded. That's nothing at $2.5 for a starter. I think he spends all 3 years in Ottawa and he becomes our starter, but if not, he can be flipped for another asset.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
We were in a bind, so I'm not surprised at the dollars. I'm guessing the other teams involved are what forced the 3rd year and inflated dollars.

Kinda a tweener contract for a tweener tendy.

Good guy to have though with Anderson entering final stretch of his career.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Dorion must have had little to no faith in Hammond to give Condon this type of contract. Not that i blame him.

Having a quality backup is essential nowadays.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Todays the last day for it i believe right?

So I guess we will know soon enough

Bruce Garriochâ€ÂVerified account
@SunGarrioch
Following
More
Keeping Condon was important. He had 11 teams show interest. Expect the #Sens to step up their efforts to try to trade Andrew Hammond.

if that report is accurate we arent buying out hammond

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Todays the last day for it i believe right?

So I guess we will know soon enough

Friday is the last day, so Hammond would have to be on waivers tomorrow at noon to be bought out.

You get a second window if you have players file for arbitration though, so we'll get that when Pageau and Dzingel file.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Let's all just be pleased that we re-signed a quality goaltender.

I don't have the energy to be even more upset with this franchise given the last few weeks.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This contract is a bit of a surprise considering Dorion called the guy "replaceable" and Boucher didn't put him into the Rangers series with Anderson playing badly and apparently (as we learned after) playing injured. That was proven to be the right move at the time as Anderson helped steal game 6, but it's a curious aspect of how Boucher might feel about Condon.

This signing isn't a bad move, but Condon definitely won these negotiations. There aren't a lot of destinations out there for goalies but at the same time he was allowed to talk to teams this week so the Sens may have had to match another team's offer.

I would pull the trigger on this contract if it came down to losing Condon or signing this deal, but I definitely would have pegged his value closer to 1.75Mx2Y. If the Sens genuinely believe he can be Anderson's successor, this is a great contract though because it means Condon is cost controlled for the next 3 years. If they were out negotiated and roped into this, it's a not so great move. Obviously, we'll never know.

There is some flexibility there since Anderson only makes 3.1M this season and the Condon deal is back loaded meaning if it comes to it we might be able to pass on the more expensive years to somebody else if we go in a different direction.

Guess this means Hammond gets bundled to Vegas to offset the price of Emelin. :help::help::help:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I have a feeling that Dorion might actually think Condon will become the starter in year 2 or 3 of his contract. Could explain why he is getting paid more money in year 2 and 3 of his contract.

It is possible. Anderson is getting up their in age.

Oct 10, 2010
Too much total for a guy who is going to be sitting on the bench.

I dislike how they are back loading contract tells me they don't have much to spend.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I can't see the tweet in the OP i'm at work.
Is the salary per year explain? Is it 2,4 per year? Or is it progressively going up?

Because if he is doing more by y3, than it means the are thinking that he might have a bigger role by then.

Also, when do we need to resign Anderson?

EDIT : $1.7 M in year one, $2.5M in year two, $3M in year three). Found it

It make sense if they believe to give Anderson less money for example and start to give Condon more and more Start is by y3.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Too much total for a guy who is going to be sitting on the bench.

I dislike how they are back loading contract tells me they don't have much to spend.

Or they think his work will increase over the term. If he plays well and can get his share of games ... its fine. Andy is getting up there.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I can't see the tweet in the OP i'm at work.
Is the salary per year explain? Is it 2,4 per year? Or is it progressively going up?

Because if he is doing more by y3, than it means the are thinking that he might have a bigger role by then.

Also, when do we need to resign Anderson?

We can't re-sign Anderson until July 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad