Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Pretty boring series, I know the Caps are outmatched, but they're playing like they're fine with losing this quickly.

Ovechkin is back to playing like he did in the first half of the season, just kinda standing around watching the play.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The reality is this Capital team just can't hang with the Rangers, or anyother team that could have grabbed the 1st spot in the East (FLA, CAR etc.) and really shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Their basically a rebuilding team with stopgaps at several important positions. You can see they're out of their element and they know it

I'm a firm believer in losing culture and tanking is bad but idk if there are really any positives for making the playoffs just to get your shit pushed in like this.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
The reality is this Capital team just can't hang with the Rangers, or anyother team that could have grabbed the 1st spot in the East (FLA, CAR etc.) and really shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Their basically a rebuilding team with stopgaps at several important positions. You can see they're out of their element and they know it

I'm a firm believer in losing culture and tanking is bad but idk if there are really any positives for making the playoffs just to get your shit pushed in like this.
Funny you should say that. I have a text group with my brother (rangers like me) and 3 caps fan friends. One of them sent this right after the game.

Attachments

• EF0F5006-7D5F-48ED-A0A7-1CC374C279BB.jpeg
    EF0F5006-7D5F-48ED-A0A7-1CC374C279BB.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
They certainly know hockey better than most on this site given they were paid millions of dollars to play the game.
So what about the guys who make the rules and get paid to enforce the rules? They obviously don't know them as well as Subban and Biznasty either, I assume?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Ovechkin with a Capitals high 24:06 ice time and a -1 on 6 PPs.

I guess at least Ovi got his ice time.

• Haha
Reactions: phillyb

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
So what about the guys who make the rules and get paid to enforce the rules? They obviously don't know them as well as Subban and Biznasty either, I assume?
elliot friedman seem to think the hit was clean. he mentioned that on 32 podcast.. Biz is a ranger hater, social media wizard.. I take what he says with a grain of salt knwoning he is trying to get the most social media engagement. He is doing great in the media, and he knows what makes him popular. But hes a mascot.. and not an authority on hockey plays.

I think the most surprising thing is how quickly their review took, i think why not a 2 minute, but they came back after 30 seconds of replay.. I believe they are talking to tornoto through the headsets, so the refs arent making this call alone. The officiating has been tough to take in the playoffs so far.. I hope round two sees some of these guys go home, but some of the worst performing referees are the guys nhl relies on the most.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Again, i hope the 🧢 fan are having fun.

Funny how you said you would have a better series against the rangers than the red wings would.

Outlook is a little different than what you expected

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I thought Capitals would put up a bit of a fight to be honest.

Definitely expected Rangers to win though.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Again, i hope the 🧢 fan are having fun.

Funny how you said you would have a better series against the rangers than the red wings would.

Outlook is a little different than what you expected
For a guy with that username, you don't seem to know much.

Newsflash: Red Wings didn't make the playoffs. Cos they blew it and spent the last month of the regular season in freefall :laugh::laugh:

This should have been the Red Wings getting pasted by the Rangers. Original six matchup. First meeting since 1950.

Instead, this overweight toothless Putin boy and his perennial playoff choking franchise took that final spot just to be golfing one week later. Pisses me off.
Yes we know it pisses you off. It's actually pretty hilarious. How many years is it since Red Wings made the playoffs??

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Not for nothing, but the Caps did generate some quality scoring chances in the crease that Shesty made great saves on.

It's a lopsided series, but the Caps acquitted themselves a bit last night.
I honestly don’t think it’s that lopsided. Special teams have been the real difference. 5v5 it’s pretty even. Goaltending is the bigger reason it is 3-0 and not 2-1.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I honestly don’t think it’s that lopsided. Special teams have been the real difference. 5v5 it’s pretty even. Goaltending is the bigger reason it is 3-0 and not 2-1.
It's lopsided. Washington shouldn't even be in the playoffs if you're being honest

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Rangers are +3 5 on 5 which is already better than their entire regular season, where they were only +1.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Lopsided in that it's 3-0.

The Caps lack of finishing ability was always going to be an issue in this series.

They need to be on the opposite side of the 3-1 games, but missing two key D hurts. A LOT

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
Pretty boring series, I know the Caps are outmatched, but they're playing like they're fine with losing this quickly.

Ovechkin is back to playing like he did in the first half of the season, just kinda standing around watching the play
If he isn't shooting the puck, Ovi adds no value to the team. It has been this way for a long time. He is a low IQ player and doesn't hustle.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
It's lopsided. Washington shouldn't even be in the playoffs if you're being honest
I agree. The caps severely outplayed their talent all year. They are a flawed roster that has somehow gotten even worse in the playoffs with all the injuries on D. I would expect the Rangers to be blowing them out by 4-5 goals a game and put up numbers like Edmonton is.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I agree. The caps severely outplayed their talent all year. They are a flawed roster that has somehow gotten even worse in the playoffs with all the injuries on D. I would expect the Rangers to be blowing them out by 4-5 goals a game and put up numbers like Edmonton is.
4-1, 4-3, 3-1. 3-0 in the series. I'll take it. All i heard about was Charlie Lindgren and the Rangers are putting up 2+ goals a game on him.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad