Post-Game Talk: Combo breaker! Jets 2, Flames 1

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Thanks for that, Gov. Wowza. Gotta think Hutch is on his way out now. Wonder when we’ll see that interview from Petan.
So I am not seeing anything wrong with what Hutch said. Calling as he sees it and is working his butt off to get back to NHL. I have no idea if he will ever be a regular NHL’r again but clearly he believes he can be. His performance in the AHL suggests he will likely get another shot. If I was Chevy or PoMo I would be happy that Hutch has gone down and played very well rather than complaining and bitching. Now with the injury he may get into a game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So I am not seeing anything wrong with what Hutch said. Calling as he sees it and is working his butt off to get back to NHL. I have no idea if he will ever be a regular NHL’r again but clearly he believes he can be. His performance in the AHL suggests he will likely get another shot. If I was Chevy or PoMo I would be happy that Hutch has gone down and played very well rather than complaining and *****ing. Now with the injury he may get into a game.

Well he certainly didn't perform as one the last few years when he stunk out the joint. No issue with having a chip on your shoulder but he better back it up if he gets in the net.

Reactions: Jets 31 and ocdaddy

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

That's such a great interview. He wasn't talking to the press for the longest time, and he comes back with that interview, worth a whole season's of generic interviews.

“If you get demoted in your job you’re going to be pissed off,” he said. “Being sent down is getting demoted. There’s no way of sugar-coating it. It sucks. I was pissed off. There’s still days when you come to the rink and you’re still pissed off that you’re down there.”

Zero problem with anything said in that interview.

Last edited:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Zero problem with anything said in that interview.

The only issue I had was that he seemed to be suggesting that he felt he'd been done some sort of injustice by being sent down, and that he was going to prove management wrong for visiting this injustice upon him. When the fact is management and coaching gave him tons of opportunity and it was his **** play ever since the 14/15 All Star break that landed him in the AHL not Chevy being a jerk.

That said, I like his attitude about not moping about it, but taking it as a challenge to play better -- and then following it up with actual play that's much improved at least at the AHL. If he translates that into pre-14/15 All Star Break Hutch, then I'm more than happy and that can only mean good things for the Jets since Mason is probably out long term after two concussions in a month.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
We're matinee idols!

Wheels ending the Lame's pain like a boss after having the yips most of the game. Lits with a beauty as well. Love when Fly pulls out his bag of tricks like he did today. Helly was solid. Mike Smith is so F------ good tho. Great challenge by Mo there too....TSN turning point.

Love that this young talented team continues to grow by banishing demons of the past.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The only issue I had was that he seemed to be suggesting that he felt he'd been done some sort of injustice by being sent down, and that he was going to prove management wrong for visiting this injustice upon him. When the fact is management and coaching gave him tons of opportunity and it was his **** play ever since the 14/15 All Star break that landed him in the AHL not Chevy being a jerk.

That said, I like his attitude about not moping about it, but taking it as a challenge to play better -- and then following it up with actual play that's much improved at least at the AHL. If he translates that into pre-14/15 All Star Break Hutch, then I'm more than happy and that can only mean good things for the Jets since Mason is probably out long term after two concussions in a month.

Agreed. His performance warranted the demotion. If he wasn't atrocious last year and merely competent the Jets likely don't feel the need to get Mason. I haven't at all liked his attitude this year, he cones off as entitled. That said he's performed as he has needed to get another chance.

Reactions: ERYX and Jets 31

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I think the plan was originally to go with Hutch tomorrow night, but after the way he came across in the media, he may have burned his remaining chances to get back to the NHL through the Jets. I predict we'll see Helle again.
what did hutch do now ?? lol

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He said in an interview he was mad he was sent down.

apparently this means he must be stapled to the bench.

I'm not sure why people think Hutch should be gotten rid of for his comments? If I was the Jets I'd be happy with those comments. I wouldn't want any player to be happy about being cut. Hutch was pissed off and has played motivated all year. Exactly what you want from guys, working hard to earn another chance. His attitude is exactly the attitude you want from every player.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
i dont find hutch comments to be anything bad. hes pissed off and kicking ass.. someguys sulk some put there balls on the table and play. sure he can come off a little entitled but if he can win us games like he did the moose he can call dancing gabe a goober and ill agree!!

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Thought they looked pretty good, played with speed and great in transition. A little disjointed for a stretch in the 3rd, ice was shit though. It must be frustrating for to reach the highest level of hockey and consistently play on such terrible ice. Regardless, they looked very much the superior team, Smith helped Calgary hang around imo. Jets had good flow, they were dominant at both blue lines.

Pate, when someone sets you up on your off wing on a 2-1.........shoot the puck. I still can't believe he passed that puck, he was solid regardless however.

I'll give Tanev a pass because of the long lay off, but he was terrible. I'd much prefer Roslovic to stay in the lineup over him when Lowry is back, I thought he did some good things today.

Helle boringly effective again, all we need.

Ehlers just flying tonight, so fun to watch play.

Wheeler is a winger.

Suck it Romaniuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad