Post-Game Talk: Combo breaker! Jets 2, Flames 1

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think the plan was originally to go with Hutch tomorrow night, but after the way he came across in the media, he may have burned his remaining chances to get back to the NHL through the Jets. I predict we'll see Helle again.

I must have missed that. Hutch always come across as a pretty straight shooter and good teammate. What went down in this interview?

Pretty meh game but good bounce back by the Jets and some stellar late work by Helle. One more tomorrow and bring on the next break and 17's return.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Celebratory tunes -

have patience... it warms up nicely.

The Regulator

Oh, I see that lantern trimmed low burning in our home
And though I feel like crying, I swear tonight, I'll cry no more
And how many times have I prayed
That I would get lost along the way?
Dream with the feathers of angels stuffed beneath your head
The regulator's swinging pendulum
Dream with the feathers of angels stuffed beneath your head
The regulator's swinging pendulum
Come with me and walk the longest mile
Come with me and walk the longest mile
Is his wallet leather? Is his wallet fat?
For not a year later it's got you lying on your back
You should have closed your windows and got another dog
You should have chained up all the doors and switched up all the locks
And how many times have I prayed
The angels would speed me away
Dream with…

Last edited:

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg
Me after Wheeler's goal....
464EX.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Solid game by the Jets considering the injury circumstances. Really needed these 2 points

This was the least I have screamed at the CWL line in the past few games, that doesn't mean they were good, they just weren't a tire fire as they had been the last few games. The break seems to have done Laine some good, he was good tonight, can't say the same for Connor who I thought didn't have good game. That play in OT where he tried to hold the line and then had a failed dump into the corner was awful, you can't do that. This line is just atrocious at retrieving pucks in the offensive zone, the wingers on that line need to be better, I have almost no expectation that they will come out with possession whenever there is a loose puck, Wheeler can't really help them much on that as more often than not he's supposed to be the high man.

Tanev was not good but I'll cut him some slack since this was his first game back. Lowry cannot come back soon enough.

Ehlers absolutely flying, he's such a joy to watch when he winds up from behind his own net and goes on one of his trademark end to end rushes. Perreault and Little also very good.

Dano-Hendricks-Roslo were very good and I felt the wingers on this line should have gotten a few more minutes with Copp/Little being doubleshifted as their C.

Morrissey had one really bad play in his own zone but was solid other than that.

Someone should have laid Ferland out, hopefully the Jets remember his number for the next game.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I wish I didn't pick up a shift today so I could watch this game. Looks like it was exciting!

The offensive woes recently are somewhat troubling but thankfully Hellebuyck has been rock solid. It feels great to be on the winning side of games like this.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Best all around game I've seen from Laine this year

Love the second line - will be tough to mess with that when everyone's back

Connor misses Scheif the most - he's a bit lost out there right now.

Helle continues to impress -

Outside their goaltending, Calgary looks average at best -

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I do, too. But I'm old enough to remember watching games where it was painfully obvious that both teams had decided to play for a tie, often with half a period left in the game.

My preference would be to eliminate three point games. They should play two overtime periods, 5 minutes each, of 4 on 4 hockey. If nobody scores, each team gets a point. If one team scores, they get two points and the loser actually loses, zero points.

I doubt the NHLPA will ever agree to your solution. We're stuck with the shootout

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maurice pushing a lot of the right buttons. Got the matchups to deal with the Flames first line. PK is looking better and better as the season progresses. They are closing space better, denying zone entry better, and still blocking the middle of the ice.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Agree with the poster who suggested this team practice 3 on 3. Jets have enough fire power, including on defense, to not let games get to a shootout. Maybe try some set plays.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Too much stupidity in the game.
Hurry takes place.
Be afraid if feel so but head is the leader. Infinite imigination children of the high one.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Too much stupidity in the game.
Hurry takes place.
Be afraid if feel so but head is the leader. Infinite imigination children of the high one.

read the above there and suddenly had an inexplicable craving for orange sherbert.... explain yourself wizard!:ghost2:

Reactions: kanadalainen

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Hmm glad with the 2 points. CWL line looked out of sync most of the game. They should try more rushing the zone and establish a cycle once there...if thry could get out of their zone for once... Laine was okay to good but still too stationary on the breakouts.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Maurice pushing a lot of the right buttons. Got the matchups to deal with the Flames first line. PK is looking better and better as the season progresses. They are closing space better, denying zone entry better, and still blocking the middle of the ice.

We've come a long way from
N6dvS1x.jpg

We harassed the Flames the way people harass us.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00