Rumor: Columbus in trade talks; trying to acquire Top 6 center

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Im not scrolling back thru 11 pages, so forgive me if this has already come up...

Would something around Reinhart for Murray/Werenski interest CBJ at all? Sabres need a young top-4 d-man badly and are already pretty set up the middle w/ Eichel/O'Reilly/Girgensons/Larsson/Rodrigues... thoughts?

By now you've probably been crucified for bringing Werenski into the conversation. He and Murray are in no way interchangeable.

As to your question, it's been proposed and discussed that something involving Reinhart and Murray seems like a fit but I've heard nothing to indicate Buffalo would even consider moving Reinhart at this point.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Well we are not listening on an offer for Reinhart based on Ryan Murray so as I said, look for your "top 6 C" from the op elsewhere then. Don't expect to get Werenski in real life but some people thinking they can get Reinhart with Murray is a bit insulting.

Fine, in that case can we just take Buffalo out of the equation?

There is interest around a Murray and Tyler Johnson trade for example. We'd so much rather do that than trade Werenski for Reinhart, it's very plain to see.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Your GM is the one on the record saying the roster still needs a trade to fill holes.. far from the CBJ HF board fan perspective of 'it's just a want not a need and we don't want to move any real pieces to make it happen'.

Let's be clear here. No one is saying Columbus doesn't have holes to fill. They clearly would like to add another Top 6 skill player, preferably a top 6 Center. Bringing Werenski and/or Jones into this discussion and CBJ fans indicating they are not up for trade doesn't mean "real pieces" won't be moved. Columbus has a very deep talent pool to move beyond those two and are clearly willing to make sensible trades with said talent (Saad for Panarin as an example).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'll try one more since I beleave we have pieces that both needs.

Duchene

For

Murray
Bjorkstrand
2018 2nd pick

CBJ gets 1C and avs get their top4 dman and 2 line winger in the future.

This is close... and I could see it happening.

I think CBJ would try for at least a pick coming back with Duchene.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That is how much YOU value him, you have 0 clue what your GM will do :laugh:

Jarmo nearly traded up to #3 overall to pick Werenski, but decided against it because he figured other GMs would overlook him, and he was right.

Werenski is not available. Deal with it.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Jarmo nearly traded up to #3 overall to pick Werenski, but decided against it because he figured other GMs would overlook him, and he was right.
I remember McKenzie said he was aiming at Hanifin with this trade attempt?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I remember McKenzie said he was aiming at Hanifin with this trade attempt?

CBJ had Hanifin and Werenski deadlocked with Provorov a half-step behind them. Their goal was to get one of the three, hoping for either Hanifin or Werenski. I remember disagreeing because I believed that Hanifin was a step ahead of the other two and Provorov was a bit better than Werenski. Jackets weighed the odds of getting one of those 3 against the cost of moving up. Ended up sitting still. Afterwards Jarmo said "we got our guy." He also said this the next year with PLD (except then he was considering trading back vs. still getting PLD).

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
As a Sabres 1st CBJ 2nd fan (don't ask) I don't see why Reinhart for Murray + or ++ is completely out of the equation (like anything regarding Werenski is)

The add from CBJ would have to be really nice, and it cant be just futures like a high prospect or a 1st rd pick, has to be something to help the Sabres win now, but also at the same time be a valuable and cost friendly piece for the future.

Bjorkstrand?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As a Sabres 1st CBJ 2nd fan (don't ask) I don't see why Reinhart for Murray + or ++ is completely out of the equation (like anything regarding Werenski is)

The add from CBJ would have to be really nice, and it cant be just futures like a high prospect or a 1st rd pick, has to be something to help the Sabres win now, but also at the same time be a valuable and cost friendly piece for the future.

Bjorkstrand?
Adding Bjorkstrand to Murray would get us someone more proven and a guaranteed asset going forward then Reinhart is right now.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Adding Bjorkstrand to Murray would get us someone more proven and a guaranteed asset going forward then Reinhart is right now.

I don't understand what you're saying, but I hope its not Bjorkstrand is a more valuable asset than Reinhart

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Nylander for Seth Jones.

We would have just as soon kept Johansen.

Not trading Jones – he's a young franchise RHD on a sweetheart of a deal. These are extremely valuable players in the league today (which is not to say that Nylander is devoid of value).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nylander for Seth Jones.

Jones is in the same sort of "seriously, just don't ask, it'll be better for all of us" territory as Matthews. Nylander's definitely very interesting, and I don't doubt it'd take someone of similar value to land him if we were targeting him, but frankly it's more reasonable for us to just keep Jones.

* * *​

Bjorkstrand?

Does Jenner qualify? That's who I'd suggested earlier.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Jones is in the same sort of "seriously, just don't ask, it'll be better for all of us" territory as Matthews. Nylander's definitely very interesting, and I don't doubt it'd take someone of similar value to land him if we were targeting him, but frankly it's more reasonable for us to just keep Jones.

* * *​

Does Jenner qualify? That's who I'd suggested earlier.

Id rather get Murray+Bjork even if we have to add something small rather than get Murray+Jenner. But I am not really advocating for that trade. We have plenty of average Murray-type D. What we lack is top end D and I still think the Sabres should be able to convince a team to get top end D for Reinhart if they decide to explore that trade route.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah that spam accout is not to be trusted...and his sources are probably posts on hfboards or sb nation.
Yup since when does Kovalchuk get to decide where he plays his options right now are Devils whoever the Devils deal him to or the KHL . Pick your poison Kovalchuk

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
offer sheet draisaitl . its a win , win if you get 95% chance hes better than the next 4 1st round picks your gonna have , and if you dont sky rocket the price on him . and screw the oilers cap up

IMO Hes #1 C material

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad