Rumor: Columbus in trade talks; trying to acquire Top 6 center

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I believe pieces considered "off limits" would be:
Wennberg (moving him just perpetuates the 1 top-6 center issue)
Panarin
PLD
Werenski
Jones
Bobrovsky

Beyond that it's a discussion. If there's even a discussion to be had.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
What top 6C are even available other than Duchene ?

Galchenyuk maybe.

Bergevin really needs another LHD and Columbus has exactly the team that might be able to cover for Galchenyuks lack of two-way game at center...

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Galchenyuk maybe.

Bergevin really needs another LHD and Columbus has exactly the team that might be able to cover for Galchenyuks lack of two-way game at center...

If Galchenyuk were a top-6 C, Montreal wouldn't consider trading him. It's been made abundantly clear that he isn't a center at the NHL level.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If the Jackets trade for Duchene and Sign Kovalchuk....what would their lines look like?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If MB's real offers are anything close to what HF Habs likes to propose, then no, top six centers are not available for Juulsen and/or Plekanec.

Don't lump all HF Habs fans into that bucket. Some of us understand you have to pay to receive.

As for Galchenyuk at C. I think he could become a good top 6 C if given the time and support to develop, which he has been denied in Montreal.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tyler Johnson+ for Murray + Jenner? Not sure what the plus from Tampa needs to be.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Good for CBJ. We've talked about the Jackets needing to improve to avoid taking a step back now that everybody knows they're a great team from day 1, and it seems like Jarmo sure is trying to do that. I like his style.

If the Jackets trade for Duchene and Sign Kovalchuk....what would their lines look like?

Impossible to say, if they were to acquire both of those players no way they have the rest of the roster intact.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Prepare for habs fans to be amazed that it actually is possible to acquire a top 6 centre

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

Not happening, but let's assume they get a favorable trade of Murray + 1st + prospect for Duchene and prospect + pick for Kovy:

Panarin - Wennberg - Kovalchuk
Jenner - Duchene - Atkinson
Calvert - Dubinsky - Foligno
Hartnell - PLD - Anderson
Bjorkstrand
Sedlak

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Gavrikov (needs contract) - Nutivaara
Harrington
Carlsson (AHL)

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If Galchenyuk can play as a top-6 center in the NHL level, that'd solve a lot of problems for Montreal. I.E. they wouldn't be trading him.

Yeah but what other center aside from Duchene is rumored to be available right now?

And at this point, I really doubt that Sakic will be trading him personally.

I mean Jarmo probably intends to use Murray as a trading chip which makes sense given your roster makeup.

Maybe to New Jersey for Henrique?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not happening, but let's assume they get a favorable trade of Murray + 1st + prospect for Duchene and prospect + pick for Kovy:

Panarin - Wennberg - Kovalchuk
Jenner - Duchene - Atkinson
Calvert - Dubinsky - Foligno
Hartnell - PLD - Anderson
Bjorkstrand
Sedlak

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Gavrikov (needs contract) - Nutivaara
Harrington
Carlsson (AHL)

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Wow thats nice

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Tyler Johnson+ for Murray + Jenner? Not sure what the plus from Tampa needs to be.
TJ for Murray 1 for 1 would work no need to complicate. There are only a few truly movable pieces to go with Murray. We paid a 1st to make sure Anderson wouldn't get taken and we protected Jenner over him so that shows you his value to us. TJ and Duchene are the 2 guys I've wanted since last TDL and I've wanted TJ for 2 or 3 years here as it is so I am all for working a deal out. We need game breakers like him

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How hilarious would it be if the Jackets just started looking for a Top 6 C just recently and actually got 1......while the habs who've been looking for a Top C for over a year still dont

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00