Rumor: Columbus in trade talks; trying to acquire Top 6 center

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
We don't have to trade for a 1C. That is just what we are looking for. I don't know what to say if you think that is Werenski's value.

Your GM is the one on the record saying the roster still needs a trade to fill holes.. far from the CBJ HF board fan perspective of 'it's just a want not a need and we don't want to move any real pieces to make it happen'.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
We don't have to trade for a 1C. That is just what we are looking for. I don't know what to say if you think that is Werenski's value.

What do you think is Werenski's value??? Crosby, McDavid???

I just offered you a pretty sure-fire 2C currently on ELC and 2-3D in McCabe still in RFA years and cheap for Werenski and a rookie winger with some upside in Bjorkstrand and you made it out to be an insulting offer. Not sure what you are actually expecting to get for Werenski in a trade who has played 1 season in the NHL. No one will give you a PPG center like Malkin, Stamkos, Eichel, Schefele or McDavid for him after 1 relatively good rookie season, come back to planet Earth. And if you think you are getting a current 1C or young 2C without trading away elite talent, good luck with that.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

I just offered you a pretty sure-fire 2C currently on ELC and 2-3D in McCabe still in RFA years and cheap for Werenski and a rookie winger with some upside in Bjorkstrand and you made it out to be an insulting offer. Not sure what you are actually expecting to get for Werenski in a trade who has played 1 season in the NHL. No one will give you a PPG center like Malkin, Stamkos, Eichel, Schefele or McDavid for him after 1 relatively good rookie season, come back to planet Earth. And if you think you are getting a current 1C or young 2C without trading away elite talent, good luck with that.

Jarmo isn't even listening to offers on Werenski.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Jarmo isn't even listening to offers on Werenski.

Well we are not listening on an offer for Reinhart based on Ryan Murray so as I said, look for your "top 6 C" from the op elsewhere then. Don't expect to get Werenski in real life but some people thinking they can get Reinhart with Murray is a bit insulting.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site

:facepalm: Jackets may be looking for a #1C but I can guarantee they are willing to go into the season with the roster as currently constructed. Your deal is insulting, whether you intended it to or not. Werenski is a sure fire #1 d-man at 19 and he didn't have a relatively good season, his stats bear that he had one of the top five rookie seasons for defensemen in NHL HISTORY. Reinhart is a nice player, but be serious, he is a 2C at best. This deal you proposed is just awful. You want Werenski, Eichel would have to be in the conversation.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Well we are not listening on an offer for Reinhart based on Ryan Murray so as I said, look for your "top 6 C" from the op elsewhere then. Don't expect to get Werenski in real life but some people thinking they can get Reinhart with Murray is a bit insulting.

I wouldn't take it so personally.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
"Our young players are amazing and guaranteed superstars, your young players are maybe going to be ok one day"

love hfboards

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
:facepalm: Jackets may be looking for a #1C but I can guarantee they are willing to go into the season with the roster as currently constructed. Your deal is insulting, whether you intended it to or not. Werenski is a sure fire #1 d-man at 19 and he didn't have a relatively good season, his stats bear that he had one of the top five rookie seasons for defensemen in NHL HISTORY. Reinhart is a nice player, but be serious, he is a 2C at best. This deal you proposed is just awful. You want Werenski, Eichel would have to be in the conversation.

That's fine. I am not expecting Werenski to be available. Just as you should not expect to get 1C back without giving up elite talent from whatever team. You should know well based on the RyJO for Jones trade.

and just as an opinion, if you go into the playoffs without another good C you will be out pretty soon again with Panarin or without him...

Maybe some package of Bjorkstrand and Murray or something like that, but don't think that gets you more than a potential 2C either. I would personally not take Bjork + Murray for Reinhart for example.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
"Our young players are amazing and guaranteed superstars, your young players are maybe going to be ok one day"

love hfboards

Nobody is saying that Reinhart is maybe going to be ok one day. Obviously CBJ fans think he's going to be pretty good otherwise they wouldn't be interested in him.

If any player is getting severely underrated here, it's Murray. The CBJ fans are valuing him as a 23 year old defenseman who is a lock to be top-4 and still has potential to be top-pairing. They value him as elite talent.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Well I think the idea of trading for Reinhart (here on HF) is a dead horse now.

Moving on........

I wonder what the NYI would want for Anders Lee or is he fully a winger now?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Nobody is saying that Reinhart is maybe going to be ok one day. Obviously CBJ fans think he's going to be pretty good otherwise they wouldn't be interested in him.

If any player is getting severely underrated here, it's Murray. The CBJ fans are valuing him as a 23 year old defenseman who is a lock to be top-4 and still has potential to be top-pairing. They value him as elite talent.

A lock for top 4 D is the same as us saying Girgensons is a lock for 3C, fancy Murray for Girgensons? I'd consider it if you need just C depth, but for top end talent you gotta exchange top end talent normally or create a very very valuable overpayment package. There is a big gap between lock for top 4D and pretty sure-fire 2C still on ELC.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
A lock for top 4 D is the same as us saying Girgensons is a lock for 3C, fancy Murray for Girgensons? I'd consider it if you need just C depth, but for top end talent you gotta exchange top end talent normally or create a very very valuable overpayment package. There is a big gap between lock for top 4D and pretty sure-fire 2C still on ELC.

Yes and what I'm saying is that Murray is top end talent.

The Jackets are insanely loaded on defense. Their "top end talent" doesn't end at Werenski/Jones/Savard. It includes Murray as well. Last season he began on the 2nd pairing with Savard. He took an elbow to the head and missed a few games. During that stretch, Johnson stepped up and had great chemistry with Savard. When Murray returned, he was the only one who Torts trusted to play on his off-side with rookie Nutivaara.

At the end of games when the Jackets were protecting a lead and on the PK, Torts benched Werenski in favor of Murray. He opted for a Murray-Jones pairing in the biggest situations.

Honestly, Werenski could break his leg in the preseason (god forbid) and be out for the season. If the Jackets top-4 consisted of Murray-Jones and Johnson-Savard, I'd be perfectly fine with that. So why not trade Werenski instead? Because he's younger and cost controlled.

To paraphrase GMJK, having Murray on the 3rd pairing is a luxury that few other teams have.

Finlanche

Feb 11, 2017
Tampere, Finland
I'll try one more since I beleave we have pieces that both needs.

Duchene

For

Murray
Bjorkstrand
2018 2nd pick

CBJ gets 1C and avs get their top4 dman and 2 line winger in the future.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

Duchene

For

Murray
Bjorkstrand
2018 2nd pick

Would Gollum Sakic trade his precious for that, though?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Yes and what I'm saying is that Murray is top end talent.

The Jackets are insanely loaded on defense. Werenski - Top end talent. Jones - Top end talent. Savard - Top end talent. Murray - Top end talent.

Yeah with these assessments Im sure you will find a willing trade partner for a truly top end talent C quite soon, maybe in 2020 or something.

Werenski and Jones - yes. Savard and Murray are 2nd pairing material which is not the definition of "top talent". Maybe you can argue Savard could be a 2D. But Murray definitely seems to be a pure 2nd pairing D at this point and that shouldn't return more than 3C or a prospect with 2C upside. No one is giving up current 2C for 4D, let alone a 1C which some of your fans seem to want.

Maybe you can stab a shot at Duchene with Bjorkstrand or Jenner + Murray but don't know how Avs fans would react to that.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I wonder what the NYI would want for Anders Lee or is he fully a winger now?

Lee has played all his time in the NHL and even AHL as a LW. I think he even spent the bulk of his college career as a LW. All that being said unless the Islanders make a trade for another LW I don't see them trading Lee

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Guys, Flyers make perfect trading partners. One team isn't winning now, the other is trying to. One team has the top line center the other covets while the former could use picks, prospects and would likely be willing to take back cap insofar it expires withing two years.

Giroux to Jackets for what in return? Can't wait to see all my fellow Flyer homers prop Giroux up on some heaven-sent pedestal.....

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

Duchene

For

Murray
Bjorkstrand
2018 2nd pick

I love Bjork so this would hurt. But, I would give this a lot of thought and likely would do it from CBJ perspective.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Guys, Flyers make perfect trading partners. One team isn't winning now, the other is trying to. One team has the top line center the other covets while the former could use picks, prospects and would likely be willing to take back cap insofar it expires withing two years.

Giroux to Jackets for what in return? Can't wait to see all my fellow Flyer homers prop Giroux up on some heaven-sent pedestal.....

Not sure Hextall would feel the way you do :P

All that being said if Giroux was up for grabs Islanders would be all over that

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
The same Sedins with NTCs?

and even if they waived ... canucks couldn't retain enough, even at TDL, to make this workable for any contender (w/o taking a bunch of cap crap back, which i suppose is possible)

but id bet 10:1 twins are lifers

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3