Rumor: Columbus in trade talks; trying to acquire Top 6 center

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Werenski isn't even CBJ's best defenseman and they value him as much as Matthews. Does that make Seth Jones worth two Crosbys? HF Posters never cease to amaze.

Fact is CBJ's GM thinks the roster requires trades and has been gearing up from a 5-year competitive to a 2-year contention window with the Panarin trade.

No, it makes them equal in value. Neither are getting traded. They are both young and going to be very good (even better than they already are).

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
No, it makes them equal in value. Neither are getting traded. They are both young and going to be very good (even better than they already are).

Sabres fans said the same thing about Tyler Myers and he actually won a Calder :laugh:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
If he is elite, what is Wennberg?

Aren't they pretty much on the same level? Can you really argue Wennberg is better than Reinhart? I can't see that being a good argument. Reinhart's hero chart is definitely better than Wennberg's for a start and advanced stats seem quite similar.

So my questions is the following...would you not want another Wennberg on your team!?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Aren't they pretty much on the same level? Can you really argue Wennberg is better than Reinhart? I can't see that being a good argument. Reinhart's hero chart is definitely better than Wennberg's for a start and advanced stats seem quite similar.

So my questions is the following...would you not want another Wennberg on your team!?

I agree (generally) and yes I would. But most Buffalo posters in here won't trade him for Murray, so there goes that idea.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I agree (generally) and yes I would. But most Buffalo posters in here won't trade him for Murray, so there goes that idea.

Reinhart+McCabe for Werenski+(insert servicable winger), not possible? McCabe can play top line minutes, just not at Werenski's level long term and you get Reinhart.

OK + for me is Bjorkstrand, but guess there are other options (some are mentionening Jenner on BUF board). Whether that entices CBJ to pull the trigger, no clue.

In terms of trade value IMO Werenski>Reinhart>McCabe>Bjork, overall balanced IMO. We get needed D upgrade, you get needed F upgrade while not weakening the other position much respectively.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Reinhart+McCabe for Werenski+(insert servicable winger), not possible? McCabe can play top line minutes, just not at Werenski's level long term and you get Reinhart.

OK + for me is Bjorkstrand, but guess there are other options (some are mentionening Jenner on BUF board). Whether that entices CBJ to pull the trigger, no clue.

In terms of trade value IMO Werenski>Reinhart>McCabe>Bjork, overall balanced IMO. We get needed D upgrade, you get needed F upgrade while not weakening the other position much respectively.

Lol not trading Werenski and definitely not adding Bjorkstrand on the end of it. To put it simply, Columbus wouldnt trade Werenski for Eichel.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

My point is that I haven't seen anyone claim Wennberg is elite. I think they are close, but I like Wennberg more.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Not even close. That is really bad. I'll try this again. Werenski isn't getting traded.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Since he doesn't have the elite skating or dominant presence to flourish in today's NHL as an elite-level player. He does small things well, is good at puck possession, creating plays and has a decent shot but that doesn't make him truly elite talent... this probably makes him a good 2C down the line if a team (BUF or other) actually allow him to play at center. Werenski is truly elite talent...not saying he will be an elite defender in 3 years time, but absolutely has that level of potential/talent. Reinhart is a notch down and if you fail to recognize this, don't blame other fanbases' that are shocked at your trade evaluations involving him.

the **** is "dominant presence" if Reinhart doesn't have it?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Even in a dream world - its not even close to possible let alone fair. It's hilarious for a split second, then quickly insulting that you think that would come even close to working.

Is that clear enough?

Finlanche

Feb 11, 2017
Tampere, Finland
If I was CBJ GM I would not trade for Reinhart since he and Wenneberg are quite close talent wise(at this point), they should try to get someone who is better than Wenneberg. Meaning TJ or Duchy or someone who can be 1c and let Wenneberg be 2c. I dont see Reinhart as 1c.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Even in a dream world - its not even close to possible let alone fair. It's hilarious for a split second, then quickly insulting that you think that would come even close to working.

Is that clear enough?

Huh, have you actually seen Buf players play or just spewing nonsense. How exactly is it not fair? Reinhart is likely a career 2C, McCabe is likely a career 2-3D. Werenski is likely a career 1-2D, Bjorkstrand is likely a career 2W. BUF players have higher floor and lower celing, CBJ players have higher ceiling and lower floor. All of them are cheap and young. Sounds about as fair as it gets.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Huh, have you actually seen Buf players play or just spewing nonsense. How exactly is it not fair? Reinhart is likely a career 2C, McCabe is likely a career 2-3D. Werenski is likely a career 1-2D, Bjorkstrand is likely a career 2W. BUF players have higher floor and lower celing, CBJ players have higher ceiling and lower floor. All of them are cheap and young. Sounds about as fair as it gets.

Last post I'm going to waste time replying to the nonsense you've thrown out in this thread.

***IF**** Werenski were available or to be traded, Eichel would be coming back the other way. THAT is how much Columbus values him. Whether or not you agree is completely irrelevant.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
What Eichel and ROR have and Sam doesn't. That. I am not arguing with you on Reinahrt anymore, too much of a fanboy to accept any argument against your hockey love.

Maybe you should stop using vague, meaningless terms to "support" your view.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Last post I'm going to waste time replying to the nonsense you've thrown out in this thread.

***IF**** Werenski were available or to be traded, Eichel would be coming back the other way. THAT is how much Columbus values him. Whether or not you agree is completely irrelevant.

That is how much YOU value him, you have 0 clue what your GM will do :laugh:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Well OK. Then you will have to talk to the other 29 teams in the NHL cause there are so many with spare 1-2C's :laugh:

We don't have to trade for a 1C. That is just what we are looking for. I don't know what to say if you think that is Werenski's value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad