GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Chicago Bedards | 8 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
You dont think Torts would bench anyone? Maybe you are the one who forgets things when you question everyone else about forgetting. Besides Torts and Vincent dont even belong in the same sentence. I didnt love everything Torts did but he got results. When Vincent stumbles into results he has to put his foot in his mouth and make stupid moves to undo the good.
  • Torts was an experienced coach, Vincent was just getting started.
  • Torts had experienced teams, none had a center like Jenner, let alone Roslovic.
  • No his team had two centers under 25 with minimal NHL experience in the top 9 and a team in the top 3 youngest in the NHL.

I also really like the Russians and I hope we can keep them. But let's be fair to the other players.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
  • Torts was an experienced coach, Vincent was just getting started.
  • Torts had experienced teams, none had a center like Jenner, let alone Roslovic.
  • No his team had two centers under 25 with minimal NHL experience in the top 9 and a team in the top 3 youngest in the NHL.
Torts played Jenner on a 4th line and while having Dubois on line 1, constantly battled and pushed him. But most of that is pointless to the topic, if you slacked off Torts benched you superstar or rookie.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Torts played Jenner on a 4th line and while having Dubois on line 1, constantly battled and pushed him. But most of that is pointless to the topic, if you slacked off Torts benched you superstar or rookie.
  • How often Torts benched superstars?
  • Jenner was the fourth line player in that team.
  • To Dubois. PLD said Torts was looking for a center who should chemistry with Panarin. In doing so, Atkinson was still playing with them. And he was about the only one young center in the team.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
To time 5x5:

Gaudreau - 12:34
---
Marchenko - 10:57
Chinakhov - 10:09

Sillinger - 13:46
---
Kuraly - 12:19
Voronkov - 10:21

Question. How much of that was lines closed in DZ, what counts too? The fact that Kuraly's line had a higher time may have been forced by this.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
To time 5x5:

Gaudreau - 12:34
---
Marchenko - 10:57
Chinakhov - 10:09

Sillinger - 13:46
---
Kuraly - 12:19
Voronkov - 10:21

Question. How much of that was lines closed in DZ, what counts too? The fact that Kuraly's line had a higher time may have been forced by this.
Jesus Christ. It's like these coaches think acting like Keenan or Tortz actually means something. Also gotta love the Russian = Lazy narrative they love to create. He probably feels vindicated beating the hawks lol. Hopefully interm head coach is actually interm even though we see losers who get interm gigs get made perm HC over and over in this gimmmick league.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jesus Christ. It's like these coaches think acting like Keenan or Tortz actually means something. Also gotta love the Russian = Lazy narrative they love to create. He probably feels vindicated beating the hawks lol. Hopefully interm head coach is actually interm even though we see losers who get interm gigs get made perm HC over and over in this gimmmick league.
Pascal Vincent is not an interim coach. He is the coach

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Our coaches have an excellent opinion of the Russians, Chinakhov was even tried out on the PK (think he will still be), which has never been the case in the KHL. They just have a worse period now, on the contrary Sillinger's line is better. That's the only reason they are playing less. Don't look for anything else behind it. Our fans love the Russians, so they don't pay much attention to the fact that other youngsters can play better and therefore deserve to play.
The problem is that we have three offensive lines, one automatically plays less. It all depends on shape.

The first line is untouchable.

Last edited:

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Yeah, Columbus and Chicago are not on the same level. The Blue Jackets have inadvertedly timed their rebuild well. They don't have to be as bad as the Blackhawks or Sharks to be the worst team in the East.

Reactions: LJ7

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Yeah, Columbus and Chicago are not on the same level. The Blue Jackets have inadvertedly timed their rebuild well. They don't have to be as bad as the Blackhawks or Sharks to be the worst team in the East.
I was thinking about this, too. They missed the depths of Ottawa and Detroit’s rebuilds, so they’re pretty much worst in the East by default. And the Metro should be wide open when they come out of the rebuild in the next few years, too. Look how wide open it is this year!

Reactions: Aaaarrgghh

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
“Boone, we are only going to play you 17 minutes tonight instead of 19 or 20. Jack, we are only going to play you 16 minutes tonight instead of 18.”
Look at 5x5. Boone and Jack played on the PK too. Boone 3:00, Jack 3:12. Besides, you know full well that Roslo only plays so many in 5x5 because he plays on the first line because has chemistry with Johnny and Boone.

But I won't write about it anymore. I just hope that your fairness will be extended to other players.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Look at 5x5. Boone and Jack played on the PK too. Boone 3:00, Jack 3:12. Besides, you know full well that Roslo only plays so many in 5x5 because he plays on the first line because has chemistry with Johnny and Boone.

But I won't write about it anymore. I just hope that your fairness will be extended to other players.

We beat one of the worst teams in the league by 3 goals and Boone played 19:01. This wasn’t game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. When we crushed Chicago in November Boone only played 15:30.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
We beat one of the worst teams in the league by 3 goals and Boone played 19:01. This wasn’t game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. When we crushed Chicago in November Boone only played 15:30.
He played 11:55 5x5 and 0:18 PK , now 13:31and 3:00 PK. Besides, the lines were different then, the situation was different. Now all first line players have good stats. Also Marchenko, Voronkov and Chinakhov have more shifts than Gaudreau, Jenner and Roslovic, and yet they have a worse time in 5x5. Maybe it's time to think why? And not always criticize Vincent.

There are shifts: Time On Ice Report Away Team

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Didn’t know this was our victory song

I feel like this is just what hockey players do. I'm sure a few guys in there are annoyed but most are probably having fun. It's even better when you know the other team and everyone else can hear it

In HS this was the song that we played in the defensive locker rooms 😂

Reactions: LJ7 and koteka

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Fair enough. Like any group there will be those with varying taste. I just used to be surprised by players when they discuss their favorite songs etc. Probably best to say I rarely find a player who likes what I do music-wise.
I actually don't know what type of music NHL players generally listen to, nor have I formed an opinion about that. It was just a lazy attempt at making a DSL joke out of this Katy Perry "hit"

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I feel like this is just what hockey players do. I'm sure a few guys in there are annoyed but most are probably having fun. It's even better when you know the other team and everyone else can hear it

In HS this was the song that we played in the defensive locker rooms 😂
My son has been on teams where they have played crap like Katie Perry. I think it is kind of “you don’t want to mess with us because we are crazy” kind of thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad