GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Chicago Bedards | 8 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The Russians have a period when they play badly, that's why Vincent reduced their time. Conversely, Sillinger's line is playing well, so he increased it. When that changes, again the Russians will play more and Sillinger's line will play less.
The fourth line doesn't count, not forgetting that they often get increased time due to being in the DZ for long periods of time.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The Russians have a period when they play badly, that's why Vincent reduced their time. Conversely, Sillinger's line is playing well, so he increased it. When that changes, again the Russians will play more and Sillinger's line will play less.
The fourth line doesn't count, not forgetting that they often get increased time due to being in the DZ for long periods of time.
Or they look uncreative and defeated because their coach clearly doesnt support them when they supported the team for so long. Hes a joke and even if they are struggling give them a chance to work through it like everyone else. His methods and words are pathetic

Reactions: LJ7

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Gotta skate down, shoot and then get back on defense.

I didnt like Larsen as a coach but he seemed like a nice guy. I cant think of anything I like about Vincent. Just strikes me as an arrogant trash tier coach.

Has enough time passed, can Babcock just quietly step back in? :laugh:
His russian line deployment really has tipped me towards wanting him out, I was overall pretty neutral on Vincent before

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Time is earned and young players need to be coached. But they also need to keep their confidence buoyed. I have huge question marks about Vincent in that regard. His coaching style at times seems passive aggressive at worst, old school disciplinarian at best

Reactions: Halfboard

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Or they look uncreative and defeated because their coach clearly doesnt support them when they supported the team for so long. Hes a joke and even if they are struggling give them a chance to work through it like everyone else. His methods and words are pathetic
So Sillinger's line, which is playing great, is supposed to play less? It's interesting that no one is limiting its creativity (Silly had to fight his time, by the way).
And if you think anyone is going to change the timing of the first, you're wrong, not even Torts would do that.
Anyway, speaking of youth:

Chinakhov (23) - Voronkov (24) - Marchenko (24)
Texier (25) - Sillinger (21) - Nylander (26)

I really like the Russians, but let's be fair.

Time is earned and young players need to be coached. But they also need to keep their confidence buoyed. I have huge question marks about Vincent in that regard. His coaching style at times seems passive aggressive at worst, old school disciplinarian at best
Sillinger and Texier are probably veterans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad