GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Chicago Bedards | 8 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
His russian line deployment really has tipped me towards wanting him out, I was overall pretty neutral on Vincent before
I'm curious how you would explain to other lines that are playing much better that they need to play less because the Russians need to play.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So Sillinger's line, which is playing great, is supposed to play less? It's interesting that no one is limiting its creativity (Silly had to fight his time, by the way).
And if you think anyone is going to change the timing of the first, you're wrong, not even Torts would do that.
Anyway, speaking of youth:

Chinakhov (23) - Voronkov (24) - Marchenko (24)
Texier (25) - Sillinger (21) - Nylander (26)

I really like the Russians, but let's be fair.

Sillinger and Texier are probably veterans.
You dont think Torts would bench anyone? Maybe you are the one who forgets things when you question everyone else about forgetting. Besides Torts and Vincent dont even belong in the same sentence. I didnt love everything Torts did but he got results. When Vincent stumbles into results he has to put his foot in his mouth and make stupid moves to undo the good.

Reactions: We Want Ten

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
His russian line deployment really has tipped me towards wanting him out, I was overall pretty neutral on Vincent before
I’ve been totally meh on Vincent and have been less impressed as the season has progressed. While I’m also meh on whether he should go, a new GM will likely not want to put his fate in Vincent’s hands so I expect he’ll be gone.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I dont think Rempe wanted it but Reaves trying to stay relevant kept looking for it. Coaches tried to avoid it

Nope, he didn't want it at all. Rempe made his bed during his debut week and now he's got to lie in it. Olivier gave him those black eyes and now he's trying to avoid getting injured but every tough guy in the league is going to come for him to prove a point after they way he played his first week

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I’ve been totally meh on Vincent and have been less impressed as the season has progressed. While I’m also meh on whether he should go, a new GM will likely not want to put his fate in Vincent’s hands so I expect he’ll be gone.
GMs usually use existing coaches to have a free year. Unfortunately I think Vincent gets next year also at minimum

Nope, he didn't want it at all. Rempe made his bed during his debut week and now he's got to lie in it. Olivier gave him those black eyes and now he's trying to avoid getting injured but every tough guy in the league is going to come for him to prove a point after they way he played his first week
He did what others say they would do but dont. Rempe literally fought his way to a NHL pay cheque, he doesnt need to fight every game now. Funny Reaves needed so bad to get to the rookie

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Or they look uncreative and defeated because their coach clearly doesnt support them when they supported the team for so long. Hes a joke and even if they are struggling give them a chance to work through it like everyone else. His methods and words are pathetic
I think I might have said this earlier this winter but I've worked in an environment where fear and punishment is used to "correct" mistakes.

It's a horrible feeling to go to work every day in that environment even if you aren't the one who is making them. You want to feel empowered to succeed, not be afraid to fail.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm kind of trying to maintain the benefit of the doubt, but if he's doing something right I frankly can't tell.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I think I might have said this earlier this winter but I've worked in an environment where fear and punishment is used to "correct" mistakes.

It's a horrible feeling to go to work every day in that environment even if you aren't the one who is making them. You want to feel empowered to succeed, not be afraid to fail.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He did what others say they would do but dont. Rempe literally fought his way to a NHL pay cheque, he doesnt need to fight every game now. Funny Reaves needed so bad to get to the rookie
Rempe seems like he can be a decent hockey player who doesn't need to do this every night either.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

As a guy that coached kids before I had high expectations for Vincent. I think hes trying so hard to act tough and not make the mistakes Larsen did but all hes going to accomplish is alienating the young guys who are our future

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
g-ddamnit I want a Marchenkgoal while his parents are here so bad
Yeah would be nice to see him score. I think they said his parents are here for 4 games? Hopefully they get to see plenty of positives in that time

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Boqvist and Danforth are basically the same person
adam-boqvist-2024-2330.jpg
justin-danforth-2024-2330.jpg

Practically twins.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino