Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Should be a high scoring game. Fun one for the neutrals, probably will be a frustrating one for us fans and especially us goaltenders. :D

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
My crystal ball says the Leafs are going 5-0 to start the season, so this is a win.

As good as they are on forward, their D is putrid and the worst in the league. Really want to beat this team because their HF following are so snarky and have a hard on for Leaf bashing.

No different then the 29 other fanbases. It makes each win that much sweeter ;)

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
This is a game that worries me a little bit. Obviously the Avs are a rebuilding team, so I hope we don't take them lightly. Need to use our speed to pressure their weak D and get lots of traffic in front of Varlamov.

Ralphy*

Kessel will score first, then MacKinnon, then Raymond, then Phaneuf. Book it. Quote this post. This is the prophecy.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
My crystal ball says the Leafs are going 5-0 to start the season, so this is a win.

As good as they are on forward, their D is putrid and the worst in the league. Really want to beat this team because their HF following are so snarky and have a hard on for Leaf bashing.

Their very first post in their pre-game thread is interesting. I didn't know Colorado fans were also infatuated with Toronto

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This should be a good one. Both teams have some skilled forwards who can put the puck in.

Not going to be easy though since our defense has been sloppy as of late. But we're going to just have to count on goaltending to make up for that again.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Vs. Ott:

Raymond - cycle
Kadri - cycle (pp)
Lupul - cycle (pp)
Jvr - rush

Vs. Philly

Kessel - rush
Bolland - cycle
Bolland - cycle

Vs. Montreal

Jvr - cycle (pp)
Phaneuf - rush
Bozak - rush (pk)
Raymond - rush

So take away the PP goals and 5/8 are off the rush.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Would not be surprised at all if MacKinnon gets his first in this game. He was pushing hard both games they've played this season and he's starting to look really comfortable. Leafs will likely need 4 or 5 goals to get the win in this one. Won't be easy though because Varlamov has looked really good both games they've played.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Would not be surprised at all if MacKinnon gets his first in this game. He was pushing hard both games they've played this season and he's starting to look really comfortable. Leafs will likely need 4 or 5 goals to get the win in this one. Won't be easy though because Varlamov has looked really good both games they've played.

You don't think the Avs scoring 3-4 goals will be easy based on how good Bernier has looked in the games he's played?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I honestly can't see us losing to that defense. So far the Avs have played the Ducks (good team but defense isn't that good, depth isn't that good and goalie sucked) and the Preds who can't score for their lives.

If we aren't in a festive mood to give away the puck like it's halloween candy tomorrow night, we should walk away with a win.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Avs lineup for you guys to dissect and laugh at our D (it's ok, everybody does it!):

O'Reilly - Duchene - Downie
Landeskog - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Parenteau
McLeod - Mitchell - Bordeleau

Scratch: Cliche

Hejda - Johnson
Barrie - Guenin
Benoit - Sarich

Scratch: Hunwick, Holden
Injured: Wilson

Varlamov
Giguere

Asif16*

Looking forward to a potential heavywieght bought in Orr and Bordelou.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
You don't think the Avs scoring 3-4 goals will be easy based on how good Bernier has looked in the games he's played?
Bernier is really good but he's not going to stop everything.
I've seen both Avs games so far and their offense is pretty good and only getting better. Right now with the Leafs defense only adequate and with good possession guys like Clarkson and Kulemin out we don't have a really consistent forecheck on the go. The Avs will have some room to skate and that's going to be pretty dangerous. I'm thinking that the Avs will score at least twice. Really hope I'm wrong though and JB gets a shutout.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Avs lineup for you guys to dissect and laugh at our D (it's ok, everybody does it!):

Hejda - Johnson
Barrie - Guenin
Benoit - Sarich

Varlamov
Giguere

I can't make fun of that defence, I only know who two of them are.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I've only heard of two of those six defencemen.

Which two? I know it's a bad group, but Johnson/Hejda should be well known, Barrie should be well known to any Canadian, Sarich has been in the NHL for 14 years, and any Leaf fan should know Andre Benoit from the Senators.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Which two? I know it's a bad group, but Johnson/Hejda should be well known, Barrie should be well known to any Canadian, Sarich has been in the NHL for 14 years, and any Leaf fan should know Andre Benoit from the Senators.

Sarich and Johnson. Barrie and Hejda sound familiar but only as names. I have no idea who they are.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Sarich and Johnson. Barrie and Hejda sound familiar but only as names. I have no idea who they are.

Damn dude, I thought we were all hardcore fans here in the GTA. :D

Hejda is in his 8th season in the NHL, has almost 500 career games played, and is a regular on the Czech national team. Tyson Barrie was on the 2011 WJC Team Canada side and is definitely more unknown to Eastern Conference fans.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
**** the Avalanche.

I love their team but their fans on HF are such a bunch of babies. Some of you who don't venture too far outside of the Leafs board won't understand but every single thread involving the Leafs has Avs fans throwing snarky comments in constantly... I'm really sick of it. I mean even Sens and Habs fans are reasonable and make some sort of an argument but almost every Avs fans comments on Leafs threads with stupid **** like, "Dion Phaneuf is the best defencemen, Reimer is the best goalie and Kessel is GOAT" and then leave the thread. And NOTHING is good enough for their players on the trade board. I don't make proposals but holy ****, everytime I read a proposal involving the Avs, their fans say "LOL Bozak + 2nd is fair value" or "NOT EVEN CLOSE"...

/rant

Go Leafs Go.

BayStreetBullies*

Hejda - Johnson
Barrie - Guenin
Benoit - Sarich

Varlamov
Giguere

Oh God, that defence...it just hurts to look at it. :sarcasm:

Gone are the days of Blake, Foote, Ozolinsh, Krupp, Bourque, etc.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Mike Brophy ‏@HockeyBroph 55m
Leafs recall Trevor Smith and Jamie Devane from Marlies. Smith, the Marlies captain, has 3 goals and 5 pts in 2 games'

Smith
I wonder where he'll play

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

Hejda - Johnson
Barrie - Guenin
Benoit - Sarich

Varlamov
Giguere

Meh, that top 9 looks good, and Colorado's d gets defensive support from ROR, Landeskog, Stastny, etc.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Just with the forwards the Avs have, and how the defense has been playing of late, things may get ugly. It most likely will end up Bernier having to bail the team out if they want to get a point.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Andre Benoit played for the Sens last season. 31 year old rookie something, and was pretty bad for the Sens, but I only noticed because my roommate is a Sens fan and pointed out his flaws constantly.

I watched Barrie the other night briefly and he looked really good. Finally looks like he's becoming the guy the Avs thought they developed.

Hejda is kind of like Methot in that he's not a known commodity who has become a really dependable guy and someone who can play anywhere in the top-4 in a supporting role. Could've been a decent partner for Phaneuf. He's pretty underrated, especially since he developed himself with Columbus. I think he was drafted by the Oilers, though, no?

I've never seen Guinen play, but I think he came from the Ducks system...?

Sarich is a bit of a mule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad