GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN5/RDS - I am NOT OKAY, OKAY. Just Mads Edition

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
It's also hilarious watching people blame Soogard tonight. He's been playing lights out in Belleville but he gets here and gives up 6 right away and that's on him?

Come on now. There's an obvious pattern with goaltending here.
Not blaming him but he was below average tonight. Just like Chabot , Brannstrom , Kubalik and a few more.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He wasn't great but they needed to do a better job in front of him, lots of grade A chances
I agree we could have done a better job ,, I think that's close to always true but I was expecting a couple more saves . Sens on top all situations.

1705460237311.png

Once again the Sens GA is higher than the xGA . We need some stops. We need defensive play. Both are true

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
There's a difference between shooters in the NHL and shooters in the Minors. In the majority of NHL games in his career he has looked totally overwhelmed.

Korpi looked great last season when he finally got to play behind a decent(not elite) defense in LA. And guess what, Talbot also looks good there this season, yet both had/have sub .900% here. It's not a coincidence.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Every single goalie who plays behind this defense turns to shit almost instantly. It's not a "both sides" issue.

For example, Cam Talbot:

Season before joining Ottawa = All-star game
Season in Ottawa = shit
Season after leaving Ottawa = All-star game

Reactions: Alex1234

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Too many poor defensive wingers on this team. Kubalik and Tank out, a couple middle 6 defensive wingers in would be great.

Pinto at 3c, Chartier bumping Kastelic out for 4c.

The defense needs some balancing as well. Chabot or Chyc out, a defensive RD in. Probably end up going from Brannstrom to Klevin. Need to decide if JBD can be an NHL player. Hamonic is the weakest link and his mobility is only declining.

Reactions: DrEasy and PlayOn

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I just finished watching. I’m not even mad honestly. I don’t blame Soogard at all because of the position he was put in, but with average NHL goaltending we win that game. He should have had a couple of those, got out goalied by another guy playing his first game this year.

Best of all, Sandy looked like Sandy at the beginning of the year again. Man that kid is going to be good. When he and Stü are both going again (at the same time) it will fun to watch.

I really hope Giroux doesn’t want out for a run with a contender. He is everything the young guys needs as the team resets and find their identity.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
I'm still convinced there's a factor that advanced stats don't catch on this defence that makes it that much harder for goalies to play here

Reactions: Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He wasn't great but they needed to do a better job in front of him, lots of grade A chances
Korpi looked great last season when he finally got to play behind a decent(not elite) defense in LA. And guess what, Talbot also looks good there this season, yet both had/have sub .900% here. It's not a coincidence.
Korpisalo is letting in basically everything. There’s no oh the defence. He lets in all the saveables. The stats show that. He’s been the worst goalie in thW NHL

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
For example, Cam Talbot:

Season in Ottawa = shit
Well a lot of goalies would hate playing in front of the Sens D due to all the turnovers and poor positioning. I think it gets in most guy's heads and that's a main contributor to their poor efforts.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For example, Cam Talbot:

Season in Ottawa = shit
He's really cooled off after a hot start, .930 sv% in his first 14, .906 in his last 15.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
He believed “the kid gave them a better chance to win”

Like korpis terrible ass was gonna be any better tonight
If we apply the same objective standard to all the goalies, all the goalies this year have been pretty much the same. Sogaard's sample is small though (worth noting). And our former goalies do better on other teams. You might even call that a pattern. The goalies will look better when the team in front of them gets better. How much better is hard to say, but definitely better.

We are basically down to getting the best draft pick(s) we can now. I'm not buying the idea that if its not a top 5 pick, its of no use. Pinto was 32nd overall, and Grieg was 28th.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Korpisalo is letting in basically everything. There’s no oh the defence. He lets in all the saveables. The stats show that. He’s been the worst goalie in thW NHL

"Basically everything".

Aiight bud, ignore the pattern. I'm sure the 4th goalie to play in Ottawa this season will be the one to look good behind this defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00