GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN5/RDS - I am NOT OKAY, OKAY. Just Mads Edition

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

The Senators know this will be a point of emphasis tonight and while the easiest defence to a strong power play is simply playing a disciplined game free of penalties, that is easier said than done against the Avalanche.

The Avalanche are one of four teams in the NHL that boast a top-four power play (25%) and penalty kill (81.9%) ranking eighth and tenth respectively. The Senators on the other hand, while showing signs of improvement find themselves on the other side of the rankings with the 24th ranked power play (16.2%) and the 31st ranked penalty kill (71.8%). On paper that's a tough match up but in practice it's the perfect opportunity to jump start both special teams groups.

1705446437970.png

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
JBD not playing = missed opportunity imo. He needs to play, so we can see if he's a real NHL player. The rest of this season is about auditioning players for next year...

Also, time to bring up Guenette from BSens!?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
JBD not playing = missed opportunity imo. He needs to play, so we can see if he's a real NHL player. The rest of this season is about auditioning players for next year...

I feel it should be more about installing a winning mindset and holding guys accountable for their play. We have been through the development shtick for the better part of the last decade

Reactions: Relapsing

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022

The Senators know this will be a point of emphasis tonight and while the easiest defence to a strong power play is simply playing a disciplined game free of penalties, that is easier said than done against the Avalanche.

The Avalanche are one of four teams in the NHL that boast a top-four power play (25%) and penalty kill (81.9%) ranking eighth and tenth respectively. The Senators on the other hand, while showing signs of improvement find themselves on the other side of the rankings with the 24th ranked power play (16.2%) and the 31st ranked penalty kill (71.8%). On paper that's a tough match up but in practice it's the perfect opportunity to jump start both special teams groups.

View attachment 804577

Thing that concerns me most is the Av's coming in po'ed after losing to Mtl. Sens better be awake for the start or it could get ugly! Have to keep them down initially if they are to have a chance here. Doable but they have to play right. Hope they've been listening to JM who knows what is needed.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
I do not think it's a good idea to start Mads Sogaard against the. AVS tonight!

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I do not think it's a good idea to start Mads Sogaard against the. AVS tonight!
My understanding is that he has actually played well in the AHL of late... Given what we've gotten from other goalies, why not give him a shot? I want them to spend the rest of the season fixing issues and assessing what we've got, both equally important.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Glad they have managed to show us two past bullshit calls against the Av's so far, the offside that wasnt' called and the 4 hour goalie frozen puck. Jobbed twice! Happy memories provided by our friendly neighbourhood NHL referees!

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad