GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Arizona Coyotes - Put Something on the Table - 1PM

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Some of his production might be a product of Mackinnon, but you dont score goals like he did tonight without a ridiculous amount of skill.

And oh yeah, he's 6"4 210 pounds and starting to throw that weight around a little bit in games.

Maybe hes finally getting tired of falling on his ass all of the time. Using the other teams players as props is effective lol.

Reactions: Balthazar and cgf

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cool, Nemeth most total icetime and most pk time (6:22!?) on the entire team, Bednar, I ****ing love you.

Great important win, would be so much fun with playoffs. :-D

I only remember noticing Nemeth in the defensive zone once today and that's a great thing.

Reactions: dahrougem2

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm starting to think it has to be significantly deeper then that :laugh:

No way someone can be that blinded simply by sharing the same nationality.

I will say for what it's worth I don't think Nemeth was that bad tonight. I'm not ok with him having the most ice time, and Bednar love for that though lol.

Reactions: 21

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Meh I think he played a decent 1st and 3rd, but he wasn't good in the 2nd. Especially in the 2nd period he got extremely reckless with his stick. I actually think they might have gotten the wrong guy when they called Mackinnon for cross-checking in the 2nd. That was the same shift where Nemeth was running around like a maniac with his stick.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm starting to think it has to be significantly deeper then that :laugh:

No way someone can be that blinded simply by sharing the same nationality.

Well, he is without any doubt the main reason to the great pk stats this season, Colorado is currently fourth in the entire NHL (pk stats).

I feel some of you guys are making a fool of yourself only pointing out (emphasizing) his mistakes and flaws.

and finally calling him moron, donkey and idiot etc... wtf guys, come on

Happy about the win, important.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol I love Andrighetto. OEL had that coming. You can't break your stick on someone and expect them not to retaliate unless their names are Henrik or Daniel Sedin. Everyone else is fair game.

Great first 5 minutes and outstanding 3rd period; everything in between was pretty "meh". That said, a win is a win and this win was huge, especially heading into Minnesota.

I find it to be so strange how the Coyotes of all teams bring out this aggression from us, especially MacKinnon. It's like he sees blood whenever he plays Arizona.

Lastly, not that I want Yakupov playing all the time, but he only played 4:37 tonight. If you don't trust the guy, don't play him it's as simple as that. I'm sure Bednar trusts Toninato a lot more and would get to play his 4th line instead of rotating players in everywhere.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
With this game Barrie retakes the lead in ppg for all defencman. Has his faults defensively but he always seems to pick up points even when it doesn’t seem like he was directly responsible for the goal. At some point it isn’t a coincidence though, he’s having a terrific year.

Reactions: Foppberg and 21

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well, he is without any doubt the main reason to the great pk stats this season, Colorado is currently fourth in the entire NHL (pk stats).

I feel some of you guys are making a fool of yourself only pointing out (emphasizing) his mistakes and flaws.

The only one making a fool of themselves is you with your love fest for him. Going on with crap about ice time, +/-, and blocked shots being these great indicators of him being a tremendous Dman.

Also, news flash: We call every player on the team a moron when they do stupid things. Nemeth is no exception to that despite what you want to believe.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Happy about the win, important.

Are you related to him, or have a crush on one of his relatives? Not implying anything, just genuinely curious.

Reactions: Foppberg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The only one making a fool of themselves is you with your love fest for him. Going on with crap about ice time, +/-, and blocked shots being these great indicators of him being a tremendous Dman.

Also, news flash: We call every player on the team a moron when they do stupid things. Nemeth is no exception to that despite what you want to believe.
"What's a moron, cuz?"

- Charlie Murphy

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Nemeths flaws are so visible. When he ices the puck for no reason or blows a coverage it really shows, but it's not like he doesn't have anything going for him. I like his PK. More often than not he's between opponent and puck in the defensive zone. If he were to play 16 minutes a game, I think most would be fine with him just like with Siemens currently.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd love for Ghetto to turn into our own version of Gallagher.
Me too but it's not happening. Ghetto visibly didn't want any of this. Gallagher would have been all over that.

If I could steal one player from Montreal it would be Gallagher. Ahead of Patches, Drouin, Price, Weber, etc...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Are you related to him, or have a crush on one of his relatives? Not implying anything, just genuinely curious.

Well, strongly believe I've mentioned this once before, we lived in the same big apartment complex in a rough suburb in Stockholm some years about 12 years ago for some years, nothing worse than that. Talked to them in the elevator sometimes, we weren't friends (but we talked and said hello to each other), mostly with his father, I'm working with IT and his father was the founder of an IT company but we mostly talked about sports anyway. I had no f***ing idea by then how good and talented Patrick was, didn't really understand that until he started playing for AIK in SHL and the WJC gold (where Nemeth was fantastic).

I root for many Swedes in the NHL but only for my favorites, only the good ones. If you guys want to continue humiliating Nemeth, be my guest, we all know how it will look at the end (eating crows or how you say it in American english).

Stockholm is a small city, Landy has his Stockholm apartment around 400-500m from where I live now, no, I don't know him.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nemeths flaws are so visible. When he ices the puck for no reason or blows a coverage it really shows, but it's not like he doesn't have anything going for him. I like his PK. More often than not he's between opponent and puck in the defensive zone. If he were to play 16 minutes a game, I think most would be fine with him just like with Siemens currently.

Yeah, I mean I was a huge Nemeth defender earlier in the year, before it became no longer necessary to defend him(Others had done an ample job at doing so).

I think his play has regressed since the 2018 calendar year turned over. But I think a big part of that has been the increased role he's had to take on with injuries. If Barbie and EJ were healthy, he and Barbie would form a solid 3rd pairing again that kills penalties and plays 13-14 minutes of even strength a night, instead of the 16-17 he's having to play right now.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
So are we no longer allowed to criticize Nemeth? Spare your feelings or something like that?

Dude's been very good this season for large stretches. And then sometimes he plays like doodoo. You need to stop taking it so personally when fans say things about players you like.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Well, we lived in the same big apartment complex in a rough suburb in Stockholm some years about 12 years ago for some years, nothing worse than that. Talked to them in the elevator sometimes, we weren't friends (but we talked and said hallo to each other), mostly with his father, I'm working with IT and his father was the founder of an IT company but we mostly talked about sports anyway. I had no ****ing idea by then how good and talented Patrick was, didn't really understand that until he started playing for AIK in SHL and the WJC gold (where Nemeth was fantastic).

I root for many Swedes in the NHL but only for my favorites, only the good ones. If you guys want to continue humiliating Nemeth, be my guest, we all know how it will look at the end (eating crows or how you say it in American english).

Stockholm is a small city, Landy has his Stockholm apartment around 500m from where I live now, no, I don't know him.

Humiliating? No, calling a spade a spade. He's a good #5 but has obvious flaws, he's not immune to being called out for his bad play just like any other player in the league.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
kewl beans, felt like there was a little more there. We s*** on him here, but we s*** on everyone. Go back & read what people used to write about Barberio in GDTs and compare that to how often we wish he was back now.

Nemeth does some good things, but the bad things he does are extremely frustrating and really pop. So him being forced to play too many minutes because of our injuries and youth, has people spouting off about his bad plays more than they do for some other players' bad plays.

He'd get so much less shit if it wasn't for the icings at ES and inability to get the puck out on the PK...which has been a big part of why he's been over-worked as badly as he has been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad