GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Arizona Coyotes - Put Something on the Table - 1PM

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Its kinda funny that we have some of our more heated games against the Yotes.

Will be even more fun if they re-align the divisions after the Seattle expansion, and bring Arizona into the Central to finally make everything even.

They'll probably move either Arizona, Vegas, or Calgary IMO. They'll be breaking up a rivalry either way. LA has a rivalry with Arizona, but the league seems to like the LA-Vegas proximity to jump start a rivalry with their new team. Vancouver has a rivalry with Calgary, but they'll be getting a new one with Seattle.

I think the odds are either Calgary or Arizona moves to the Central, and my money is on Arizona. I think they'll give preference to the Canadian rivalry, and they're probably done catering to Arizona. They're a franchise that seems destined to move at some point.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Will be even more fun if they re-align the divisions after the Seattle expansion, and bring Arizona into the Central to finally make everything even.

They'll probably move either Arizona, Vegas, or Calgary IMO. They'll be breaking up a rivalry either way. LA has a rivalry with Arizona, but the league seems to like the LA-Vegas proximity to jump start a rivalry with their new team. Vancouver has a rivalry with Calgary, but they'll be getting a new one with Seattle.

I think the odds are either Calgary or Arizona moves to the Central, and my money is on Arizona. I think they'll give preference to the Canadian rivalry, and they're probably done catering to Arizona. They're a franchise that seems destined to move at some point.
I think when Seattle eventually comes, we'll see:

AnaheimChicagoTorontoNew York Islanders
San JoseDallasMontrealNew York Rangers
Los AngelesSt. LouisOttawaNew Jersey
SeattleNashvilleBuffaloPittsburgh
VancouverMinnesotaBostonPhiladelphia
ArizonaEdmontonDetroitColumbus
ColoradoCalgaryTampa BayWashington
VegasWinnipegFloridaCarolina
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Personally I see them keeping it pretty similar. Can't picture the league separating Vancouver from Calgary/Edmonton.
WinnipegEdmontonMontrealIslanders
MinnesotaCalgary OttawaRangers
ChicagoVancouverTorontoWashington
St.LouisSeattleBostonColumbus
NashvilleSan JoseDetroitPittsburgh
DallasAnaheimBuffaloPhiladelphia
ColoradoLATampa Carolina
ArizonaVegasFloridaNew Jersey
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto

There is no way in heck that Calgary and Edmonton are going to placed in seperate divisions. Arizona would almost surely move. I don't think LA or Anaheim would really miss them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There is no way in heck that Calgary and Edmonton are going to placed in seperate divisions. Arizona would almost surely move. I don't think LA or Anaheim would really miss them.

I agree. There's a lot of history in the battle of Alberta. It would be a shame to break that up. Arizona is on the slow rebuild track. Their rivalry with LA will probably cool off a bit anyway, being outside the playoff picture for a little while.

They broke up the Boston-Rangers rivalry. Tough to keep all the rivalries together in this four division structure, while limiting the travel impact to the southern teams.

I think when Seattle eventually comes, we'll see:

AnaheimChicagoTorontoNew York Islanders
San JoseDallasMontrealNew York Rangers
Los AngelesSt. LouisOttawaNew Jersey
SeattleNashvilleBuffaloPittsburgh
VancouverMinnesotaBostonPhiladelphia
ArizonaEdmontonDetroitColumbus
ColoradoCalgaryTampa BayWashington
VegasWinnipegFloridaCarolina
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

That could be possible. Avs might not be increasing their travel schedule too much with that alignment. The central teams aren't that close either. They'd be breaking up all their best new rivalries though which would suck. They've got old ones in Vancouver, and LA though. Even SJ and Anaheim they have some history with.

It would increase the travel schedule of every other team in the Pacific though. That might keep it from happening. Those California teams travel a lot too.

Last edited:

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
I'd hate moving to the Pacific, strictly for time zone reasons. No way I'd catch as many games as I do now.
Complete opposite for me. It would mean most games air at 4 am here meaning it would be an early morning instead of a super late night.

Finlanche

Feb 11, 2017
Tampere, Finland
I missed this game because of work, but can someone say hows Jost doing playing with mack and mikko? Is it better that landy is in different line and Jost plays with those two?

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Well getting hit square in the mask by a shot from OEL sure isn't good for you if you are just coming of off concussion. That looked bad and he kept shaking his head after that. He was probably seeing stars.
Kind of scary how hard the puck can hit a mask if it lands square. In the tournament that I just finished, I watched a goalies cage get destroyed by a shot. Dented the wire in a couple places, and the force from that popped two of the screws out, pulling the captured nuts out of the frame. It was a snap wrister from Brad Boyes. Goalie finished the tournament with a borrowed lid.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kind of scary how hard the puck can hit a mask if it lands square. In the tournament that I just finished, I watched a goalies cage get destroyed by a shot. Dented the wire in a couple places, and the force from that popped two of the screws out, pulling the captured nuts out of the frame. It was a snap wrister from Brad Boyes. Goalie finished the tournament with a borrowed lid.

I'm still freaked out by the fact that Ben Bishop lost a tooth after taking a puck in the facemask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->