College Hockey College Free Agent talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
UMass Lowell free agent report

Gustavs Davis Grigals 5th year Senior so this is it for him, damn good goalie who tracks the puck well, not enormous but decent size at 6'2, quick,battles through every shot,solid technique, he might be the second best goalie in Hockey East , KHL is a legit option for him

Marek Korencik 6'4 213 L D, big,physical specimen, who can play either side, offensive game continues to grow, average shot,not overpowering but accurate, north/south skating is decent, Oskar Jellvik put him in a blender during a cycle though, realistically AHL depth,has the Covid year option left if he wants to stay in school

Carl Berglund 6'2 207 left shot Center, solid 2 way player with intangibles, most effective when playing a heavy game but has a sizzling release, generally as he goes so does the team, pretty sure he's turning pro,I think he's better than Wilmer Skoog but not quite a Jack McBain
Good player

Filip Fornaa Svensson another big Center at 6'4, shoots R, admittedly I have a hard time trying to project him professionally, he's got magic hands for a big dude and is reliable defensively, it's his skating that's the concern, at times looks like a lumbering Ox and then a few minutes later in OT 3v3 he's able to stay with Trevor Kuntar
Reminds me of Eduard Tralmaks

Isac Jonsson a smaller and lighter left shot PMD type, I really enjoy watching him live, tons of skill especially in tight, not afraid to battle bigger forwards , makes the right play consistently, just needs to get stronger, 100% sure he's staying in school so he'll remain on my watch list

Sweeney and McQuaid were at the PC v UMass game, no doubt checking in on Duran and Svedebäck but also Parker Ford, Jamie Englebert and Reed Lebster, Ford had a goal,Lebster had 2

I'm really digging Travis Mitchell's game, check out Cornell if you can

The Top four scoring leaders in the NCAA are undrafted
Adam Fantilli
Ryan McAllister
Austen Swankler
Jason Polin

Questions?

assume polin is buddies with bussi. and hard to turn down a chance to join the bruins this year - even playing 1 game or just being
around the team would be a hell of a perk with this run they are on.
Roommates!

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
UMass Lowell free agent report

Gustavs Davis Grigals 5th year Senior so this is it for him, damn good goalie who tracks the puck well, not enormous but decent size at 6'2, quick,battles through every shot,solid technique, he might be the second best goalie in Hockey East , KHL is a legit option for him

Marek Korencik 6'4 213 L D, big,physical specimen, who can play either side, offensive game continues to grow, average shot,not overpowering but accurate, north/south skating is decent, Oskar Jellvik put him in a blender during a cycle though, realistically AHL depth,has the Covid year option left if he wants to stay in school

Carl Berglund 6'2 207 left shot Center, solid 2 way player with intangibles, most effective when playing a heavy game but has a sizzling release, generally as he goes so does the team, pretty sure he's turning pro,I think he's better than Wilmer Skoog but not quite a Jack McBain
Good player

Filip Fornaa Svensson another big Center at 6'4, shoots R, admittedly I have a hard time trying to project him professionally, he's got magic hands for a big dude and is reliable defensively, it's his skating that's the concern, at times looks like a lumbering Ox and then a few minutes later in OT 3v3 he's able to stay with Trevor Kuntar
Reminds me of Eduard Tralmaks

Isac Jonsson a smaller and lighter left shot PMD type, I really enjoy watching him live, tons of skill especially in tight, not afraid to battle bigger forwards , makes the right play consistently, just needs to get stronger, 100% sure he's staying in school so he'll remain on my watch list

Sweeney and McQuaid were at the PC v UMass game, no doubt checking in on Duran and Svedebäck but also Parker Ford, Jamie Englebert and Reed Lebster, Ford had a goal,Lebster had 2

I'm really digging Travis Mitchell's game, check out Cornell if you can

The Top four scoring leaders in the NCAA are undrafted
Adam Fantilli
Ryan McAllister
Austen Swankler
Jason Polin

Questions?

Roommates!
i wonder how many of these NCAA free agents they can actually sign. maybe the middle tier guys are easier by having the contract start next year, but love the ole free wallet system

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Two questions- Are we still a slam dunk for ford? And are there any other players you’d confidently attach to Boston after their seasons wrap up?
I believe Ford will be a Boston Bruin

Reed Lebster too but I'm speculating with him

My Gut tells me Travis Mitchell as they went after him pretty hard last year

Bruins,Rangers,Kings,Penguins and Caps will be fighting over the same kids
Detroit and Arizona are more surgical as they can offer immediate NHL playing time

Watch Montreal clean out Northeastern 👎

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Also adding Blake Pietila Michigan State G
And Mathieu Caron Brown G
Both are undersized but make saves and win
I've seen Caron twice this year,he's pretty good but rumor has it he's taking Pre Med classes so this might be for naught

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Another non College Free Agent article this one regarding CHL Free Agents
For those without a subscription here are the names
Alexandre Doucet C/LW QMJHL

Avery Hayes C/RW OHL , Toronto Development
Camp invitee

Ben Allison C/LW QMJHL

Ben Zloty LD WHL

Brett Brochu G OHL on the smaller side

Chase Wheatcroft Forward WHL

Christoffer Sedoff ,he interests me.. LD WHL

Connor McClennon Flyers pick,right expired, little
guy with big points, WHL

Dante Giannuzzi G WHL

Evan Vierling was a Rangers pick,rights expired ,Columbus Development Camp invitee, Center OHL

Jackson Berezowski another little guy with big point totals

James Hardie, played for the Bruins at the Prospect Challenge and ATO with the Marlies during Covid, wears the C, OHL

Jeremie Biakabutuka ,great name R D QMJHL

Josh Lawrence Center/RW tiny QMJHL

Landon Kosior R D WHL

Logan Morrison Center OHL

Owen Pederson C/LW WHL

Riley Piercey Detroit Development Camp invitee LW/RW OHL

Theo Rochette, Flyers training camp invitee and
allegedly has a contract in Switzerland,Smallish Center with massive points

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Camp invitee

Ben Allison C/LW QMJHL

Ben Zloty LD WHL

guy with big points, WHL

Dante Giannuzzi G WHL

Evan Vierling was a Rangers pick,rights expired ,Columbus Development Camp invitee, Center OHL

James Hardie, played for the Bruins at the Prospect Challenge and ATO with the Marlies during Covid, wears the C, OHL

Landon Kosior R D WHL

Owen Pederson C/LW WHL

Sedoff a nice prospect, great first pass and distributer in general, needs to pack on a few more lbs as he`ll sometimes get pushed off the puck by opponents but has great anticipation of the play and rarely puts himself in a bad position

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Camp invitee

Ben Allison C/LW QMJHL

Ben Zloty LD WHL

guy with big points, WHL

Dante Giannuzzi G WHL

Landon Kosior R D WHL

Owen Pederson C/LW WHL

Redline has a quick blurb on 5 of the better Western Canadian free agents, 2 are already on the list, Pederson and McClennon
New to our list are

Aiden De La Gorgendier LD Saskatoon, good size,can move the puck and has "intangibles"

Aiden Campbell G Nanaimo BCHL
Lost an OHL season to Covid,then needed hip surgery the following year, looks to be back on track,big kid,stats look good

Matthew Tovell G Salmon Arm BCHL
Couldn't stick with Windsor, has figured it out with the Silverbacks ,not as big as Campbell but has size

Redline talks these guys up so much I want all 3

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Redline has a quick blurb on 5 of the better Western Canadian free agents, 2 are already on the list, Pederson and McClennon
New to our list are

Aiden De La Gorgendier LD Saskatoon, good size,can move the puck and has "intangibles"

Aiden Campbell G Nanaimo BCHL
Lost an OHL season to Covid,then needed hip surgery the following year, looks to be back on track,big kid,stats look good

Matthew Tovell G Salmon Arm BCHL
Couldn't stick with Windsor, has figured it out with the Silverbacks ,not as big as Campbell but has size

Redline talks these guys up so much I want all 3

you like henry thrun at all?

Reactions: HustleB

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Lol was just talking about him

maybe he'll pull a vesey with the lebron like decision day, and go with the rangers :D

i think we can walk this to august 15 and take our chances rather than give anaheim something now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad