College Hockey College Free Agent talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ryan McAllister leads the NCAA is scoring as a Freshman but I think he stays in school

Collin Graf I really like but is still draft eligible

Wilmer Skoog, heavy boots, disappointing production

Matt Kopperud, NHL shot,rest of his game is meh

Ondrej Psenicka massive 6'6 211 player but guys at Cornell generally stay in school

Louis Boudon is interesting

Max Sasson is having a great year but is it him or his line mates?

I like Cam Thiessen, maybe he leaves with Lorhei

Brendan Fury should be ranked so we'll give him #21

After a 44-point season as a junior last year Bourdon was once again the leading scorer for Lake Superior State but finished with 10 goals and 14 assists.

Was there a reason for the big drop?

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
After a 44-point season as a junior last year Bourdon was once again the leading scorer for Lake Superior State but finished with 10 goals and 14 assists.

Boudon is an interesting guy. Played his juniors in New England, saw him play a few times, liked him as a player, nice all around game. Named Captain this year, team wasn't very good, no offense from wings at all really. He made the French team last year and played at the Worlds (if I remember correctly). Not tall, but pretty solid.

I don't see Ture Linden's name mentioned much. He's older (25), but he could step into AHL and play I think.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

That's a good question
They clearly regressed as a team

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Nathan Burke from Bowling Green to the Orlando Solar Bears 🐻 ,I will be researching what exactly is a Solar Bear
giphy.gif

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
What about Jake Livingstone for the third pairing as a replacement for Clifton who probably cash in as a ufa? From everything that I read he should be NHL ready. @Saxon Eric @DominicT what do you think?
I think the other 31 teams will have a say

It's the name of a company that installs solar panels in Florida.
That's makes sense as I could only find info on a "Sun Bear" that lives in Southeast Asia

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I think Livingstone is the top dog in this years FA class and will play in the NHL
I would like 2 Right handed defenseman signings and he would check a lot of boxes
I think Sam Malinski may be a more realistic option...RH defenseman with a good skillset. His knock is being undersized but at 5'11 and 190 its not much different than a guy like Cliffy back there.

Zach Metsa is definitely more undersized but also has really good numbers at Quinnipiac

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think Sam Malinski may be a more realistic option...RH defenseman with a good skillset. His knock is being undersized but at 5'11 and 190 its not much different than a guy like Cliffy back there.

Zach Metsa is definitely more undersized but also has really good numbers at Quinnipiac

Scouting obviously is key here, some of these guys are so old. Malinski is a bit younger than Frederic, and older than Swayman. Scary part is he has one more year of college eligibility (although maybe not at Cornell)

That said if you believe one has a chance to compete for an NHL job in September, or some time next year, then maybe .

I just look at Clifton who was 3 years younger when signed. (after 4 years in college)

Reactions: CellyHard

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Scouting obviously is key here, some of these guys are so old. Malinski is a bit younger than Frederic, and older than Swayman. Scary part is he has one more year of college eligibility (although maybe not at Cornell)

That said if you believe one has a chance to compete for an NHL job in September, or some time next year, then maybe .

I just look at Clifton who was 3 years younger when signed. (after 4 years in college)
All very good points. I didn't realize just how old they are. They'll start next year at 25.

Although Cliffy did sign 3 years younger, he also did 2 years in Providence. I think you are looking for these guys to jump right in kind of like Nick Blankeburg in Columbus.

Like what you said though, it's all about scouting

Reactions: Saxon Eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad