College Hockey College Free Agent talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It'll be interesting to see what Sweeney does. Right now according to CF, the Bruins are show only have 1 contract slot available. Could Boston sign guys to NHL contracts starting next year and then have them play on an ATO the rest of this year? I feel like that's what they tried to do with McAvoy until there were injuries and they had to bring him up.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see what Sweeney does. Right now according to CF, the Bruins are show only have 1 contract slot available. Could Boston sign guys to NHL contracts starting next year and then have them play on an ATO the rest of this year? I feel like that's what they tried to do with McAvoy until there were injuries and they had to bring him up.

Yes, probably 95% of college players who sign sign to ATO this year and NHL contract next, this is true of NHL picks, and UDFA.

It is very rare that players sign to an NHL deal immediately. But the biggest fish would likely require that

Reactions: ON3M4N

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I wouldn’t expect much. Opportunity is a big factor and the Bruins won’t have that.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Eric,

If you have the time, when you post signings can you give a sentence maybe of where they were ranked by you and your opinion of the player?
I can do that but Dom should handle the OHL guys
McDonald was on my list however I never ranked the CHL guys

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I can do that but Dom should handle the OHL guys
McDonald was on my list however I never ranked the CHL guys
There are a bunch of NCAA guys I'd want first, but if I had to pick one its James Hardie who was at camp last summer.

I haven't seen a player put in the work on areas that needed improving on like Hardie has. He's come a long long way. And when Mississauga sold off their big pieces, became Captain and has done wonders for their young players.

Logan Morrison maybe. I just don't think he has improved his skating enough to be NHL level. I guess if the Bruins felt that their own skills and skating coach could help, I'd be okay with it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think they are coming out of this with 2 signings. Ford will be one. Gaber maybe being the other. I think there is great opportunity for both to make the team next season in the bottom 6.

I would be surprised, if not shocked if they only sign 2 players . there will almost certainly be 1-2 defensemen signed

I guess it also depends somewhat on who they sign from their pricks. I guess if they sign 4 former draft picks that might limit the UDFA

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Currently tracking 108 potential College Free Agents
Plus 25 potential Loophole players
Of the 108 there's a few that are draft eligible, there's a few that will stay in school and a few that will head straight to Europe
It's gonna get busy here starting Sunday
Huzzah!

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please continue here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad