Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I haven't been this excited about an Avs 1-2 punch since we drafted Mack and had the Duchene-Mack one-two punch!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He matched up against Pettersson in Vancouver then McDrai in Edmonton and won both match ups.

He's quietly good at the defensive side of the game which is why some Sabre fans (myself included) were not pleased that they dealt him. I like the return, just not that they moved on from one of the few players and only center who this year had been doing the job on their check most nights. Since the deal, Cozens has but there was no way to know that from where I sit.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Great trade for both teams, for the Avs they are ironically stronger defensively after the trade than they were before even though they are the ones who traded the dman simply because the previous option in RyJo was terrible defensively and Mittelstadt is very strong defensively.

The Avs possession metrics before and after the trade have told the story quite well, with Mittelstadt having a 63.55% CF%, a SCF% of 68%, and a HDCF% of 59.26% since he moved to Colorado, all while being deployed in a defensive manner.

Before the trade the chances of them winning the cup were low but after a great deadline they are legitimate contenders again.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Great trade for both teams, for the Avs they are ironically stronger defensively after the trade than they were before even though they are the ones who traded the dman simply because the previous option in RyJo was terrible defensively and Mittelstadt is very strong defensively.

The Avs possession metrics before and after the trade have told the story quite well, with Mittelstadt having a 63.55% CF%, a SCF% of 68%, and a HDCF% of 59.26% since he moved to Colorado, all while being deployed in a defensive manner.

Before the trade the chances of them winning the cup were low but after a great deadline they are legitimate contenders again.
CF% = Corsi Factor %
SCF% = SUPER Corsi Factor %
HDCF% = HOT DAMN Corsi Factor %

For those that didn't know...

:DD

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
One thing I question about this trade with Mittelstadt, is Colorado going to be able to afford the 6-7 million he is going to look for next year?

I think they are expecting to sign him. If Landeskog is done after this year they will have the money easily.

Cap going up will also be huge for them since all the money is tied up in the superstars

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Really wanted Mitts on the Nucks but there was no way they were going to be able to offer a player of Byram's stature.

I do like the deal for both teams especially if Byram can stay healthy.

Reactions: Ninjadude

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Like I said Byram is going to be Buffalo's next captain. Dahlin is the better player but Byram just screams captain

What exactly in this clip screams Captain?

You can mic up any random NHL'r and they are going to basically sound the same.

Byram is not going to be the Captain. I'm sure he will grow into an important voice on team ..but Rasmus Dahlin will be the Captain. It's his team in the future.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Like I said Byram is going to be Buffalo's next captain. Dahlin is the better player but Byram just screams captain

1710906093406.png

It's going to be Dahlin.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Buffalo may win this trade, but I'm excited the Avs acquired such a well rounded player in Casey Mittelstadt. My team hasn't iced a proper 2nd line since Burakovsky and Kadri left as UFAs.

Now we're a two line team again and it makes such a difference in game flow, field position (for lack of better team) and matchups.

He's proving to be exactly the type of player Bednar needed to play his puck possession style and come at our opponents in waves. Need to resign this Mitts guy to a 6 year extension!

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Buffalo may win this trade, but I'm excited the Avs acquired such a well rounded player in Casey Mittelstadt. My team hasn't iced a proper 2nd line since Burakovsky and Kadri left as UFAs.

Now we're a two line team again and it makes such a difference in game flow, field position (for lack of better team) and matchups.

He's proving to be exactly the type of player Bednar needed to play his puck possession style and come at our opponents in waves. Need to resign this Mitts guy to a 6 year extension!
I see we’ve stepped off the 1.33 year rental step.

Happy to have the guy on our team. A breath of fresh air to have a competent even strength 2-way center.

Reactions: Foppberg
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Indicating that RyJo is comparable to anything with wheels is absurd, he’s a large rock, and the only reason there is any movement is due to shifts in tectonic plates or wind erosion
It has been suggested that melting ice is the reasoning behind any movement of RyJo. The extraordinarily slow process is almost imperceptible to the naked eye.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I see we’ve stepped off the 1.33 year rental step.

Happy to have the guy on our team. A breath of fresh air to have a competent even strength 2-way center.
From my understanding… a 2.333 year rental step. Mitts isn’t a UFA until July 2026.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad