Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Colton for Peterka+2nd
Or
Colton for Quinn+2nd
Quinn and Peterka both have a ton of value. Krebs would be an interesting starting point. Buffalo would likely need to add, but Krebs has potential to be a good top-9 C and has some sand paper to his game even if he is built like gumby.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Quinn and Peterka both have a ton of value. Krebs would be an interesting starting point. Buffalo would likely need to add, but Krebs has potential to be a good top-9 C and has some sand paper to his game ever if he is built like gumby.
I was looking at Krebs but he needs a new deal and the point of trading Colton would be to save at least 3M at a forward position. But the bigger reason is that Krebs and Byram are like BFFs and they won't move him for that reason.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Quinn and Peterka both have a ton of value. Krebs would be an interesting starting point. Buffalo would likely need to add, but Krebs has potential to be a good top-9 C and has some sand paper to his game even if he is built like gumby.
Coltons got that Stanley Cup experience, definitely help your roster.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I was looking at Krebs but he needs a new deal and the point of trading Colton would be to save at least 3M at a forward position. But the bigger reason is that Krebs and Byram are like BFFs and they won't move him for that reason.
Ah, makes sense. If we're trading Peterka, or especially Quinn, then we're BIG fish hunting. Think Crouse or of similar ilk. Colton would be perfect for Buffalo's third line, and it appear he's the type of player Adams is in search of.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Got to give to get sometimes, this thread is perfect example.
I think that most Sabres fans understand that idea.

Colton is a nice player. He fits what Buffalo would want. But he's not "Peterka and a 2nd" caliber. Put the 2nd on the other side of the deal and maybe that's a starting point.

Rosen and a 2nd might be doable.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I think that most Sabres fans understand that idea.

Colton is a nice player. He fits what Buffalo would want. But he's not "Peterka and a 2nd" caliber. Put the 2nd on the other side of the deal and maybe that's a starting point.

Rosen and a 2nd might be doable.
And tbh that 2nd probably wouldn't become a drafted player

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think Rosen/Johnson are the reasonable targets from Col in this type of trade

Rosen seems like an interesting fit. Talented F on his ELC. Probably would have a much harder time getting a prospect of that caliber out of most teams other than the Sabres just because of the sheer number of young wingers we have. While Colton would offer Buffalo more of the kind of middle 6 blue collar type it has few of.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
In all seriousness, the Avs will have to say goodbye to at least one, perhaps 2 of Colton/Lehkonen/Girard/Manson if Landeskog is healthy. Colton/Manson would probably be the first to go but Buffalo would be a great trading partner once again.

Colton insulates the progression of Ritchie. Guess again.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad