Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Casey Mittelstadt for Bowen Byram

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If there are Avs fans who partake, Elliot Friedman's 32 Thought's interview with Alex Tuch had some nice things to say about Mittelstadt and it was the day prior to the trade.
Just a single comment but still nice. Said he’s one of the guys who’s in the making of becoming a leader. And how guys gravitate towards him for hockey related stuff.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Byram is a pretty good D but in Colorado he will be always behind Makar with no 1st power play unit. That's why Colorado can trade him. For Colorado needs are more at C than D. Logical trade for both trade. Casey Fit well with Colorado. Good trade for both team, Buffalo got the better player if he can stay healthy

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

EquivalentStay

Jul 27, 2020
Byram is a pretty good D but in Colorado he will be always behind Makar with no 1st power play unit. That's why Colorado can trade him. For Colorado needs are more at C than D. Logical trade for both trade. Casey Fit well with Colorado. Good trade for both team, Buffalo got the better player if he can stay healthy
Wouldn't he be behind Dahlin though? They both shoot L, don't watch the Sabres enough to know if either are on the offhand side at the moment, please correct if wrong

Reactions: uncleben

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
You weren't onboard the AE/60 measures Avs fans were using the year they won their cup?
I'd argue the AE/60 on the Avs is directly related to their recent success. If they win this year it's because they've brought in the right personnel to up those numbers. One would expect Trenin scores pretty high here, although I'd imagine going from Bo to Mitts is a net loss in that category. Although you never know with the quiet ones.

Reactions: The Merchant

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Wouldn't he be behind Dahlin though? They both shoot L, don't watch the Sabres enough to know if either are on the offhand side at the moment, please correct if wrong
Dahlin plays the right well, but yeah my initial thought was if that's Byram's main beef I don't understand how coming to Buffalo with Dahlin and Power helps that situation. Sabres fans do not seem concerned about that being an issue

Reactions: uncleben

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I'd argue the AE/60 on the Avs is directly related to their recent success. If they win this year it's because they've brought in the right personnel to up those numbers. One would expect Trenin scores pretty high here, although I'd imagine going from Bo to Mitts is a net loss in that category. Although you never know with the quiet ones.
As long as the Avs have MacKinnon they will lead the league in AE/60.

Reactions: The Merchant

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Dahlin plays the right well, but yeah my initial thought was if that's Byram's main beef I don't understand how coming to Buffalo with Dahlin and Power helps that situation. Sabres fans do not seem concerned about that being an issue

He’s behind Dahlin on the depth chart, but he also gets to play on his pairing at ES because Dahlin is really more of an RD who shoots left than another LD. Byram wasn’t getting that kind of opportunity in Colorado because Toews worked well with Makar, and the Avs weren’t moving him from that spot any time soon.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Like I said Byram is going to be Buffalo's next captain. Dahlin is the better player but Byram just screams captain

landy being the Avs captain even with all the guys we have makes so much since he’s the straw that stirs the drink

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He’s behind Dahlin on the depth chart, but he also gets to play on his pairing at ES because Dahlin is really more of an RD who shoots left than another LD. Byram wasn’t getting that kind of opportunity in Colorado because Toews worked well with Makar, and the Avs weren’t moving him from that spot any time soon.
Right, but now Power is potentially put in that exact position in Buffalo with the arrival of Byram. It just seems like Buffalo bought Colorado's problem in a way. Not saying it was the wrong move, but it will be interesting to see how it works moving forward

Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad