Cleveland Monsters Thread VI (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Overtime, Charlotte gets in, season over.

Wiz didn't help, he had 4 minor penalties for Chicago.
I knew he'd come back to haunt us, that *******. :sarcasm:

No, in all seriousness, we can't be mad at other teams; the Monsters had a chance to seal the deal on their own last night. Instead, they lost 1-0 on home ice to a Manitoba team that finished with 29 wins (14 on the road) on the season.

This highlights one thing that irks me about this organization: we don't seem to win close races.

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
Quite frankly, the last game Friday was a microcosm of the entire season. Playing down to an inferior opponent, unable to score, getting badly out-coached (even when the opposing coach was ejected!). They did not deserve to back into the playoffs.

This season's fate was sealed in the off season when Jamo and Zito sat on their hands and din nothing to re-stock the team after the inevitable talent drain that happened. The amount of guys coming in on PTO's was embarrassing. But when they had to make their biggest move, the head coach, they hired a guy who was completely clueless to the job of being a head coach. A guy who, according to the word coming from the room, completely alienated the players. Whereas Bednar used a system that was very discernible, this team looked like a pond hockey team on most nights. The pro scouts that come in on a regular basis, to a man, all shook their heads at how undisciplined this team was, and felt that many players actually regressed this year. I really hope that Zito realizes that his one big move was a huge failure and will make a badly needed change. But I highly doubt that, because if you've ever talked to him, he is an egotistical blow-hard. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he couldn't be more wrong.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Quite frankly, the last game Friday was a microcosm of the entire season. Playing down to an inferior opponent, unable to score, getting badly out-coached (even when the opposing coach was ejected!). They did not deserve to back into the playoffs.

This season's fate was sealed in the off season when Jamo and Zito sat on their hands and din nothing to re-stock the team after the inevitable talent drain that happened. The amount of guys coming in on PTO's was embarrassing. But when they had to make their biggest move, the head coach, they hired a guy who was completely clueless to the job of being a head coach. A guy who, according to the word coming from the room, completely alienated the players. Whereas Bednar used a system that was very discernible, this team looked like a pond hockey team on most nights. The pro scouts that come in on a regular basis, to a man, all shook their heads at how undisciplined this team was, and felt that many players actually regressed this year. I really hope that Zito realizes that his one big move was a huge failure and will make a badly needed change. But I highly doubt that, because if you've ever talked to him, he is an egotistical blow-hard. He always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he couldn't be more wrong.

In all fairness to the CBJ organization, they had to replace Bodnar fairly late in the off-season because Colorado had to replace Patrick Roy who left Colorado.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I guess the Jacket's could have stocked the minor leagues a bit better in signing a 1-2 year contract AHL guy or two to help cover the amount of people they were going to lose this year.. Actually surprised they didn't. They graduated or lost a ton of players from last year's championship team to the NHL in this organization. It might have helped them to get into the playoffs this year, but not pay much dividend into our "prospects"..

I can't comment on John Madden.. The team did come together pretty well the last 3 weeks of the season (also corresponding with a good AHL center, Zac Dalpe).

Hopefully the Monster's look better next year, when the Jackets can send some forwards to the AHL in Kolesar, Thurkauf, Sherwood, with possibly Gavrikov coming over on Defense.

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
In all fairness to the CBJ organization, they had to replace Bodnar fairly late in the off-season because Colorado had to replace Patrick Roy who left Colorado.

Yeah, I'm WELL aware of that. But they took the "any port in the storm" mentality in hiring. There were reasons he was fired in Florida, and they did zero due diligence.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah, I'm WELL aware of that. But they took the "any port in the storm" mentality in hiring. There were reasons he was fired in Florida, and they did zero due diligence.

he ran a good defense and bad PK but saying he was fired for a reason only holds so much weight when its the Panthers considering their coaching and management moves in the last calender year

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
From the opponent's lists that other teams have been posting, the Monsters will play all of the California teams (except Bakersfield) and Tucson 4 times next season, twice each at home and road. Don't think there are any games against the Eastern conference, Rochester shows Cleveland as a zero.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
From the opponent's lists that other teams have been posting, the Monsters will play all of the California teams (except Bakersfield) and Tucson 4 times next season, twice each at home and road. Don't think there are any games against the Eastern conference, Rochester shows Cleveland as a zero.

Does this mean the California teams are finally going to play a full slate of regular season games?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Guaranteed dates:

October 7th (home opener) - home opener-palooza weekend in Ohio
December 8th
December 22nd
January 19th
January 27th
February 9th

All except the home opener and January 27th are Fridays, meaning Blue Jackets-themed jerseys.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Looks like Cleveland is gonna have at least two quality USHL kids this season. Hopefully they both can shine!

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Full Package Prices - Platinum/Gold/Silver
Glass Seats (Row 1) - $2,508.00 /$1,470.00/$852.00
Action & Access (R2-3) - $1,558.00/$966.00/$564.00
Sideline Club (Row 15) - $1,520.00 (Platinum Only)
Center Ice/Clubs (R4-14/R16-24) - $1,254.00/$735.00/$444.00
Sideline/Clubs (R4-14/R25-30) - $1,178.00/$693.00/$408.00
Lower Corners - $912.00/$546.00/$324.00
Lower Ends (R17-25) - $722.00/$462.00/$276.00
Lower Ends (R26-30) - $646.00/$378.00/$228.00
Arena Corners (R26-30) - $380.00/$294.00/$180.00

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
With the lack of Saturday night games, and all the Saturday afternoon, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday games, I conservatively predict that the average attendance will be lower by at least 1,000 a game this season. That and all the people who downsized from full to partial this season. They're probably going to paper the crap out of the place more than ever this year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJProspects
3 hrs ·
Weekend Monsters home games with no #CBJ home game
10/7 Rockford
10/22 San Jose
10/28 Ontario
11/18 Milwaukee
11/25 Texas