Cleveland Monsters Thread VI (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Poetic justice! They elbow Bjorkstrand in the head, and he scores on the resulting powerplay. I love these confirmations of karmic balance in the world. :D

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sedlak should have had a goal and Hershey got away with it then a ***** move by the Hershey player as Zaar scores

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Great game. Everyone looks good. I'm really impressed with the skill and depth of this hockey team. I don't know if I've ever seen a better playoff AHL team.

Tip of the hat to Kerby Rychel. Like I said, everyone looks good, but so does Kerby and he's the guy who gets the most crap. His pass to Sedlak was maybe the most sneaky play of the night.

The defensive structure is kind of a mess, which makes the overall play all the more impressive (the breakouts were actually mostly good but when they didn't work there were open Hershey forwards everywhere).

Has anyone been doing any comparisons yet with the Admirals/Crunch Lightning teams of a few years back with Johnson/Palat/Conacher? (obviously that Admirals team had the better regular season, but 3 playoff losses).

Poetic justice! They elbow Bjorkstrand in the head, and he scores on the resulting powerplay. I love these confirmations of karmic balance in the world. :D

It's funny. The Hershey announcers trashed him. They said it was just a "sell job" and that he didn't deserve a star in the game.

I honestly don't know because there wasn't a replay, but my guess is Bjorkstrand took an honest jolt there and wasn't good for selling anything.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How was Werenski and Milano tonight? Also why was Anderson out did he get hurt? I didn't hear anything pregame. So happy to finally get to watch a game this monday.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How was Werenski and Milano tonight? Also why was Anderson out did he get hurt? I didn't hear anything pregame. So happy to finally get to watch a game this monday.

Werenski scored early and played with great confidence. He was slick with the puck and kept doing that thing where he expertly angled the attacker into the boards. I wasn't watching closely enough to know about the d-zone coverage for individual players - for the team as a whole it wasn't good.

Milano was kept to the perimeter.

No idea what happened to Anderson.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Thank for the info major.

So if we can manage to pull this off who is the MVP. Werenski, Forsberg, or whoever ends up most goals.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Thank for the info major.

So if we can manage to pull this off who is the MVP. Werenski, Forsberg, or whoever ends up most goals.

Maybe Werenski, he's been very good and in his favor there isn't a clear forward favorite and Forsberg has only played half the playoffs. Though if Forsberg played like this the whole playoffs he would definitely be getting MVP, I just think the low number of games will disqualify him. Craig and Sedlak should get a lot of votes.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Great game. Everyone looks good. I'm really impressed with the skill and depth of this hockey team. I don't know if I've ever seen a better playoff AHL team.

Tip of the hat to Kerby Rychel. Like I said, everyone looks good, but so does Kerby and he's the guy who gets the most crap. His pass to Sedlak was maybe the most sneaky play of the night.

The defensive structure is kind of a mess, which makes the overall play all the more impressive (the breakouts were actually mostly good but when they didn't work there were open Hershey forwards everywhere).

Agreed overall with the assessment. Yeah this team is much better with the puck than defending. But what depth of skill and speed.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That Rychel play where Sedlak scored was a beaut. That was a really well played game all around. Bjork worth two goals, but i think Sedlak will be the MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad